GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Dana King,noted trucker for Jesus,with God as his co-pilot,dropped in the other day...I think he made a wrong turn on his way to Washington state...He didn't send his greetings,so I'll have to cover for him...He's as hale and hearty as ever,although,I should mention that he's thinking of getting a new peter built(sp)...

you all are so frikkin funny and wonderful

i can't share hearts because my seed boy boss has made me the bookkeeper and i know nothing about books except the good book

then on the home front my my 10 year old is perusing gangs

but i know no temptation hath taken me but such that is common to man and god will not let me be temped above that which i am able and with the temptation will make a way to escape

i am waiting on the escape cookie from the cookie jar

This just in!

"Long-haired heartthrob Bo Bice (search) of Helena, Ala.; birthday boy Anthony Fedorov of Trevose, Pa.; Vonzell Solomon of Fort Myers, Fla.; and Carrie Underwood of Checotah, Okla., remain in the American Idol competition".

CHECOTAH, Oklahoma? Fellowshipper, isn't that somewhere near your neck of the woods? And so this means that an American Idol some how has infiltrated your spiritual sphere of influence? How could this be? You need to check into this infestation , no doubt the work of some local seed boy!

Thou needs to take this idol and cast it down! As well as smoke out the insidious influences of Seed that are undoubtedly behind this by using your eyes behind your ears and your ears behind your eyes!

yes Johnny Lingering that is the town I live near. I have even seen Carrie on stage during our Okrafest in town but I could touch her biblically speaking cuz I hadn't ascended to the Vader. Everywhere and in most stores is we love you Carrie, we're voting for you carrie. I guess if she wins we will have a town roadside sign saying "HOME OF CARRIE UNDERWOOD AMERICAN IDOL"

Speaking of "old Jenks", he used to say the words "Crested Butte", like this "Crestabutte". And also speaking of Tommy Jenks, I went to a fellowship at his condo in Virginia back in 90 after we'd been kicked out. His son referred to him as "Father", and as we walked in the door, there was Arlene playing away at an organ in the living room smiling like the church lady. It was very surreal now that I look back on it. But to be fair, they were kind and wonderful, and Tom had lost his judgemental attitude. We even talked about that for awhile. He still wouldn't swear much. He used the term "blue beans" in exchange for the word ..... For instance; "I couldn't give blue beans what anyone thought of me right now!" I remember looking at him quizzically and asking with a grin and saying " Blue Beans?" And sheepishly he replied; "Well yeah, blue beans. You know as in, I couldn't give an s-h-i-t?" And we both laughed!

"Okrafest" Fellowsipper? Wow. Up here in Southeast Alaska, in one of the villages known as "Kake", we have a Dog Salmon Festival:

quote:
Points of interest:

The Kake Dog Festival:

Held on late July, celebrates the Tlingit culture and return of the Dog Salmon (chum). Festivities include a canoe race called "the Challenge of the Chums", a chum run foot race and a dog salmon toss.

Visit the local Hatchery:

Guided tours are available to visit this facility.

Watch black bears:

You can enjoy the sight of black bear feeding on chum salmon in Gunnuk Creek, which flows through the center of the village.

http://www.alaskaonline.org/travelplanner/southeast/kake.php

i just got home from work. i went in by myself and tried to learn about numbers

the gang they made up lasted 3 days and they gave it up. my sweet boy said, "aren't you proud of me"

can i share my mother's day gift from him:

M - my love

O - outstanding mom

T - the best mom

H - helping when i need her

E - every day we have fun

R - remembering all the good times with her !

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

then he got mad at told me it was all a lie and he didn't mean it

then he told me he was sorry for saying that, he meant every word of it

what are ya gonna do ?

love you all

Hi Sexie. Exercizing my gift as the Kumforter, may I say what the book says?? Let God be true, but every man a liar ...

You just have to figure out which statements your son made that were lies.

My 19 year old is kinda into that scene, on his way out of it, I think. Dress like a gangSTA, yo yo, talk like one of dem (str-8 up baby gurl), chillin wid the home boys & gurls, or as I call them, the Coolios.

It's a vicious cycle, I tell you. The guys trippin like dis, sos the baby gurls are droolin over dem. The home gurls jus wanna chill wid the bad boyz, and the worse they get treated the cooler it is, yo yo ho-bitch.

Oh well, if any man be stu-peed, let him be stu-peed. It's the height of idultry (thanks ho-Sexie, for bringing that term back into fruition in mah mind).

Hopefully our youth will grow up outta this fad, as we did our fads, without joining a cult.

And now I go, back to mah itinerary. SIT much. Stand erect. Pray for Simon. Seek the honey-wagon. Apes & peacocks ...

Lovingly yours,

9th corps rep re sent ta tive

Gawd, you guys really are funny!

(hope I'm not invading your space....)

Touche' NiKa. And I think I just got rid of that tagline. I don't like it at the end of something I just said. Seems to take away from what could have been some "brilliant" comment, and I need all the help I can get! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Simon notwithstanding (I can vouch; he still has a glorious head of hair) I'll bet that Hayward is not the ONLY fellow among us who's a little less shaggy than we remember.

Beats the alternative, as my father-in-law likes to say. Funny, but with each year that passes, I understand that remark better.

Happy Wednesday morning, everybody. You are excused from Corps Night.

angelkit.gif

Fellowhipster,

Unfortunately, I have very little advice to give! I'm trying my darndest here. It could be that because of my Dad's genes, my children aren't afraid of anything and will try anything once (or more than once); it could be that because of my husband's genes, my kids are smarter than I am, and can sometimes run circles around me (now, I'm not stu-peed, but some folks are just scary). It could be that I need a little time in a nice, sunny lawn chair somewhere peaceful, with a tall gin and tonic.

Hiiiiiiiii.

Love, niKa