GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

If any man lack Teek, let him ask of God...

Thank you Nika, thank you Mellow, for keeping this our tread prospering and in good health, whiles I am traveling to and fro. And lest I be exalted above measure, God hath giving me a thorn in the flay-sch, a messinger of Simon, to Jmmy Buffet me. Hence I will be on the road now for 5 months, until I return as queen of queens and bored of boards. Thank you all for standing in the gap of Monarch pass ...

Tom Horrocks, please stand and have the blessing ...

I have been away fellowshipping with the baseball games and the basketball playoffs on the most devilish tellish vishon... I humbly beg forgiveness for forsaking you my loving family... (at least I was thinking of you whilst watching)...

niKa and shipper, tis the season... be awares and be safe...

where is myseestorex? I love her so...

got an email from Bullwinkle's friend, he seems to be doing well... I should start building the picture in mine minds eye of me, him and Simontheloaded sitting together at the ballpark...

Reverend2T's... maybe you could stop in on my sis and hers and teach a fellowship!

Thank you, Rev. Strange; we will keep our eyes open. There is definitely a reason that we have lots and lots of meterology majors here. They're kind of cute, with the little antennas and windspeed thingies poking up from the tops of their cars and trucks. The other day, we went to "touch-a-truck," where the kids got to crawl all over various kinds of police cars, garbage trucks, a street sweeper (the guy'd left the key in the ignition, and guess whose son turned the thing on?)and a storm-chaser truck. They had video going, on their in-cab monitor, of a tornado that they'd shot about a week before, and rock music. It was EXACTLY like the movie "Twister," which was, incidentally, made here.

It was waaaaay coooool.

icon_cool.gif

Well as of this Monday I have have retired with 20+ years of faithful service to the Air Force Reserves. The pay check won't come until for another 10 years unless congress changes it. It is so good not having to shave, put on a hat with all of the gazoo suit stuff and shined boots and once again be a civilian. I owe a lot of my Corps training to remaining faithful and now the military is history.

Thanks for all of your support and now just less than two weeks I go to Aussieland where the cookaburros will surely drive me nuts.

f... u Ex I graduated and I am no longer Corps status just as you and the rest of us. We move on. I will have to quote the self same poem that has helped me through the years that we retemorized. "THE WAYS". To every man (WOMEN INCLUDED) there opens a way, away and a ways. And the high soul climbs the high way and low man (WOMEN INCLUDED)gropes the low, and in between the on misty flats the rest drift to and fro. But to every man (WOMEN INCLUDED) there openeth a high way and a low and everyman (WOMEN INCLUDED) determines which way his/hers soul should go.

Doesn't that just bless your big ole heart. Heart felt poems that has sustained us throughout the years. A TEAR.

You know,if Dr. Weirwille,Craig and George Jess were really walking with the Father and Rufus Mosley,bless his soul,when they set up the corpse program,they would have made us all enlist in the Corpse Reserves for twenty years after graduating...Then every year for two weeks,we would all have to quit our jobs,buy a $200 jalopy,drag our kids and wooden spoons to Emporia,and receive more training in the whole Word,so as to be able to teach others (also)...We'd only have to beg for a few hundred dollars worth of sponsorship,we'd stay abreast of ministry protocol,and who knows,maybe a few more of us would have gotten ordained by now...Their loss,I guess...Oh wait,...maybe that's what the ROA and corpse week was for...I wanna ride to Emporia in excie's '65 Impala...I've got an extra case of oil I'd like to share...

Fellowshipper....You ain't got jack,you no help me...

Can you guys still recite the books of the Bible in order?...How about naming the twelve apostles?...Were there any Christian etiquette retemory verses?...I like the King James version of the dust-colored Bible...'Cuz,after all,if it was good enough for the apostle Paul,it should be good enough for the rest of us...

Simone, in my day as a youth I challenged myself to not only recite the books of the bible but at one year in my youth I could quote it backwards just for grins and giggles. I would have to practice to get to that place again.

Excie it is easier just to pull the table of content out as you definately left a whole bunch of relevent books. Weed the Verd.

Is that what we are? Dropped Corps? Well, they certainly screwed up when they dropped us. If they had been running the ministry honestly, they could still have had us working for them.

Sounds to me like they dropped the ball.

I guess we slipped though their fingers and rolled on out to freedom!

Don't mind me; I'm only on the second cup of coffee this morning.

love, niKa

Niki sure they dropped the ball. They aren't keeping their eye on the ball or something. I got some hate mail years back telling me they were taking my name out of the active Corps list and that I would be dropped Corps. Even after I fulfilled the program and graduated. That's jacked up if you ask me.

They also gave Bachelor's degrees in theology to folks who'd already had Bachelor's degrees from REAL colleges before entering the Corps; the rest of us got Associate degrees in Theology. Weirwille promised us when we graduated that if we ever earned Bachelor's degrees in the future, they would change our Associate's degrees in theology to Bachelor's.

After I finished my Bachelor's degree from a REAL university, I called them up. They refused to honor the promise. They said, "You can't have it; you're not standing with the ministry any more, and why would you want it, anyway? It's not worth the paper it's written on."

That's pretty much a direct quote, but I won't tell you who said it, because that person is still with the ministry, and I appreciated the honesty. The person with whom I spoke was not the person who made the policy; just the person whose official duty was to take the heat for the policy.

So, add academic fraud to whatever else they've done.

It seems that a degree from the Way College is rather like a doctorate from Pike's Peak; "not worth the paper it's written on."

Geez, I suppose that I'd better go and get that second cup of coffee for this morning; I seem to be rather outspoken without my caffeine.

love, niKa

Niki yes you are outspoken without your caffeine but we come here to vent. Big shoulder here. I had taken some accredited classes before the Way and some how got a bachelors degree award from Rome City. Go figure.

Today the overseas freighters are loading my personal effects and belongings on a conex to go to Melbourne Australia. Happy times. I did find my brand new chainsaw missing. Why didn't they take the nice case for it? I am at a loss as it was a Stihl the cadillac of chainsaws. Quite hecktic right now.