GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Greets all. Just read that John Hendricks passed away. I second what everyone else spoke about him - he was genuine, giving, joyful and a wonderful believer. He got me involved with his twig when he was a WOW (not WOWBURGER, fellowflipper). He is honorary 9th corps.

Life is too short. We ought to get a delegation together - maybe Simon could lead this one - and speak with the mgmt.

Love you all. I will be home for the next 10 days or so, sos I can post on these our treads.

My Sexie, how's the youngin??

I'm in the middle of reading The Da Vinci Code. It's fun. It's also absolutely hilarious that the name of the antagonistic religious organization (which works against the heroes) is translated "The Way," and that the shadowy overlord who pulls strings from offscreen is referred to only as "The Teacher." It's not referring to The Way International, but to a Roman Catholic off-branch which actually exists. Anyway, it's keeping me on the exercise bike. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I just can't help smiling.

Okay, thanks, Rev. Strange! I like finding more than one book by a good author. I want to find a copy of Paddy Heron's book, too.

I've also recently discovered John Maxim, who writes groovy spy / intrigue / suspense books. I can recommend The Bannerman Solution, for one.

Just started raining again; the garden is loving all of this wet weather. The corn is high as a labrador's eye.

Idea for a sandwich: this one will make you roll your eyes and say "nnnnnngh!" with your mouth full, it's so good. Get some arugula (for non-gardeners, it's a single-leaf kind of lettuce, and you can probably find it at a local farmer's market or upscale supermarket; ours hasn't come up yet, but the farmer's market had some). Slice some tomatoes and avocados, and put them with the arugula, along with a little mayo, on a whole wheat roll. Normally, arugula is too sharp for me; in this sandwich, it's heavenly. Mr. niKa earned my profound adoration for this concoction.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Niki, that sounds like a delicious vegetarian diet but "Where's the Beef". I enjoy a cucumber,tomatoe,avacada,colby cheese and like to destroy it with a little of Helmans mayonnaise. Yummy.

When I was a WOW in Richmond Virginia we ate peanut butter sandwhiches with Yarlsboro cheese and sprouts and strawberry jam. I am getting older and still yearn for that taste.

TomTuttle, I know what you mean about learning that John Hendricks passed away. One of the nice things about the Greasespot Cafe is being able to keep up with things like that, but it's one of the harder things about Greasespot Cafe, as well. It does, however, let us know when it's especially time to pray for the families of those whom we loved.

On another subject, #1 niKakid graduated from high school today. My sweet stepson.

It was cool.

Three more to go.

Then, there's always paying for college.

Kid says he doesn't mind help, but doesn't want handouts, either.

My kind of kid.

tired but happy,

niKa

Ye men and women of greasespot,and all ye that dwell at the 9th corpse thread,why stand you gazing into the heavens?...This same Fellowshipper whom you see rise into the heavens shall return unto you as king of queens and lord of swords...Go ye therefore and teach all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost...

Well there Fellowsipper/roofer, if I could I'd buy you a cold one for you down under. What would it be? Fosters? KB Tooth?

So, you are visiting? Or have you moved there to live there forever down under? Well, G'Day Mate!

Fellow dad of a couple of Okies,

"Jonny"

p.s.

Alaska Standard Time (AST) would have been 1:30 p.m.

Johnny Lingo it is a permanent move. This morning I was awaken by the Magpies,Cockatoos and the cookaburros. What an eye opener. They sure make a racket. It's winter here and just right at 50 degrees. Sweater wear. It never freezes here. Hot water closets are outside. Yak at you later.