GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Niki it is similar but not exactly the same thing. They only work 7.6 hours a day only 38 hours per week. Anything over that is over time. They have the same problem with metric/imperial sizes of things so it was good I had both types of wrenches. A lot of words have different words for what we understand but physics and math is the same principle. I am always challenged in staying in the left lane and a few times went the wrong direction. Oops.

Hey guys...

I guess it is a mystery, just who is who here wave.gif:wave:--> Anyway, I was 9th corps, so was reading through some of the discourse. Glad to see the irreverence. I'd forgotten a lot of the folks that have been mentioned ... can't believe I devoted 10 years to that stuff, and can't believe that was 20 years ago ... man, I feel old now lol

Anyway, I'll be around for a little at least. Heard Dana King trucks cross country, so may catch up with him. I used to stay with him, Becky, and Nancy Hearne at ROA.

Later,

Bill

why yes I was... and if you read back about a hundred pages or so you'll see who I am... here's a hint: one time on my birthday...

nah... PT me if you want to know who I am... my sister's still in and in the 7th...

WHERE IS EVERYBODY ELSE? have you all gotten lives? (I know you're probably still cleaning sisterniKa)... where has Reverend2Ts been?

I'll see you all in the Sonlight room after feelowsheep... I'm bringing magic brownies!

I am that I am, my dear deer StrangeOne. I have been praying in the Holy Ghost to get a contract locally sos I don't have to be away from these my posts. I prayed so fervently last Wednesday that I prayed Him right into my room. And behold, I may be starting a new contract locally within a month, with higher rates, AND red drapes on the windows. So, absent though I may have been, there's a day coming, you're gonna be with me in these posts ...

Newcommer Bill, you must needs adhere to the 4 R's of righteousness on the 9th corps thread: Receive, retain, release and relax. Just let go and let God.

Exie, art thou the holy breath the Mothership??

Love to all, mah people. I will return once I quit travelling, which is being interpreted, soon.

i must needs to leave this place for i have been called away to a new heaven and earth

but before i depart

bill fury

bill hayes maize

bill hermsmeier

bill mitchell

bill nay

bill poole

bill schlegel

name yourself bill NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and i sit upon each of you, i appear as fresh holy breath of a clove tongue the mothership

excathedra2000@yahoo.com

Holy and Blessed is this our cloven hoof-tongued the motherboard. She sits and the sound of her voice ...

Bill ... Let's see ...

Bill Board (and his sister Peg)

Bill Fish

Bill Me

Dollar Bill

FellowShrimper, you fisher of men, how are the wages down in AussieLand?? Comparable to the states? Do they have 12 minute tests there also (bullinger)?

Anyone know where Simon the Surreptious is? I miss his fake laugh...

Simon has gone L.E.A.D.; or was that L.I.G.H.T.B.E.A.R.E.R.S.? But he's okay; he's written "The Teacher," and says that he's just taking a little time off.

Perhaps when he returns from this Sabbatical, he can expound to us the great truths of the First Church of the Navelites.

I know which Bill whereof you speak. Yo, BILL! Glad you're here. It's a joy to have you along.

If you go back to read all of the pages, that could perhaps 1) scare you off, 2) take a loooooong time, since we have THE BEST AND WEIRDEST Corps thread on the Cafe, or 3) make you laugh, cry, and think to yourself "Now I remember now how strange these people really are!"

You are very, very welcome here at the 9th Corps table at the Greasespot cafe.

Well, jar offered to help me pick grapes, so she gets extra credit. I never participated in the ice cream bowl, so I feel left out. And I never got to got drink Jack Daniels with Pat L. And I don't think I ever put the mamer down ... Man, I missed out on so much lol

Eventually I'll figure out who you other 9th Corps are, no hurry tho

"No hurry tho..."

What's THIS?? We here on the 9th tire tread abide by "It Is Written".

No hurry??? Go to the ant thou sluggard. And again, "Redeeming the time, because the Way is evil".

You tell me what you think about "No hurry tho", and I'll tell you how far you're gonna go metaphysically.

Yet a little sleep, a little folding of the hands, a little closing of the eyes ...

And as the train was pulling out of the station there in Jubblepor ...

Hint of who I am: I cribbed in Uncle Harry Hall so maany, maany years ago. That should narrow it down.

Let's see, I think Uncle Harry hall was across from owens, with all the single folks in it, except Dave & Judy.

I stayed there for a bit, Mick Heron was one roomie, I forget the others. I hope you still keep a checklist on your bathroom door of whether you flossed and got your aerobic points every day ... if not you have surely fallen out of favor with the lord. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I can't even remember the name of the dorm north of Emporia hall, but the married couples sure lived in relative luxury.

By the way, if you guys coulda kept your greasy, grubby hands off the glass doors, I wouldn't have needed to clean them every day ... you bastids lol

Glad you remember this Bill notinKansas, I wasn't as vociferous as furious Bill.

I missed a page of the Bill responses ...

Thanks, excathedral, for listing the other Bills. You must be using a cheat sheet. I forgote about Poole boy, even though I stayed with them at the roa once. Ran in Mitch's group on the run to athens, i made the mistake of carrying the torch first, and was trying to hold it up as I ran..lol

I think I used to run with Bill Hayes some, can't recall the other bills. The mind is a terrible thing.

Sorry to hear about your dad exc' I never really knew my dad, so wasn't hurt when he was gone. I've been helping care for my mom now though, and am not looking forward to that eventual day. They say with time fond memories help overcome current pain.

hey jardinero, yes, i was wondering if I even spelled vociferous correctly icon_smile.gif:)--> I'll have to start using spell check so I don't expose my ignorance lol

yes kansasNOT, I make some wine, though am starting some vines for grapes to eat. This is the first year i have a decent crop. There is about 25 gallons on my porch, and another 25 in a plastic garbage can bubbling like crazy. I probably have another 500 pounds of grapes ready to pick ... I found a place that sells food grade plastic drums for $5. 100 gallons of wine ...mmmm good way to make friends icon_smile.gif:)--> Of course I can't promise it will be good wine

and yes, if you got to drink JD with anyone while in residence, that counts.

Tom Tuttle ...let's see ... Tom Tom ...

I've got it, you're the piper's son! right?

Ok, you cribbed, so I guess that means you are black. And you repeated maany, maany ... so your name is manny. You are black manny the piper's son. That was easy.

of course, checking the aramaic, cribbed can also mean to plagiarize or cheat, so maybe you cheated on your aerobic points or spent more than your $20/month while in Uncle Harry, which means you could be anybody.

And as the train was pulling out of the station there in Jubblepor ... I said, whoa, whoa whoa, back up a minute ... that's what killed that little boy, you just quit yakking about anything else ...

I think he was in New Orleans when I first came there ('85), and seemed like he was moving then ... but he seemed like a real cajun, so he may have been moving back into the bayou icon_smile.gif:)--> I bet he was smart enough to get away from trouble, if he stayed in the area. Would be nice to know though...