GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Something fun happened last night.

Mr. niKa and I went on a movie date, to see Transporter 2. As we were waiting for the film to start, the darkened theater seemed full of very deep voices, going up and down the aisles, greeting one another. "My man, how you doin'?" "Whassup?" and so on. It was really a party atmosphere.

During the show, every time something stupidly unbelieveable and completely fun happened onscreen, the theater seemed to erupt with much more boisterousness than usual. After one particularly wild stunt, people were shouting at the screen "NO WAY! THAT WAS WIII-IIIILD, MAN!!!"

We didn't think too much of it, because we were having a lot of fun with it, ourselves.

Afterwards, Mr. niKa and I went to our separate restrooms, and he had an interesting experience. There were giants in there. Now, Mr. niKa is a tall guy, but these were humongous individuals. He remarked that there was "no volume left in the Men's room." There were dozens of huge guys, and one very well-known coach.

Then, I noticed more giants in the lobby. There were also lots of assistants, wearing white shirts monogrammed with the name of my workplace. Two huge busses pulled up out front of the theater, to pick up the giant people. Everybody was laughing, joking, and having a blast.

So, I don't know how today's game is going to turn out (it's currently 10 to 10, during the third quarter), but I know which movie the OU football team saw last night.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And the TCU coach, said 'we probably lose this game nine times out of ten, this was our one time'...

Stoops looks to be using it as a lesson in humility for the boys that (he thought) he's seen a 'feeling of entitlement' in... that just by being on the OU team, they'd win...

I have always liked Stoops... and also Gary Patterson (I think is his name)... at least you've got the win at the "Red River Rivalry" to look forward to, that'll go a long way to healing the hurt you feel now... Stoops owns Mack Brown... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

There are two long, red, puffy marks under my right eyebrow. The whole upper eyelid is swollen. All day long at work, caring, compassionate individuals who noticed it asked me "What happened to your eye?" I look like I've been punched, or been in a car wreck, or something.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

It's so embarrassing to admit the truth.

redface.gif:o-->

Eyebrow wax gone horribly wrong.

banghead.gif

Now I know why the instructions said not to wax the same area twice in a row.

Okay, it's not much, but at least you might have gotten a vacation from thinking about New Orleans just now, when you were rolling on the floor laughing.

Jan, I don't know if there could be an accurate answer to that question. Most of us who post here are out of TWI, but there are said to be some who are still in, and flirting (or not) with the idea of leaving, who either post, or lurk and read, and consider, while never posting.

Since it's a cyberworld, who knows for sure?

On another subject: today's football game just started; I can hear the stadium announcer from my chair here, as I'm typing this.

Let's hope that Tulsa doesn't fare as well as the Horned Frogs.

I have a new student; she and her sister were attending college in New Orleans. They lost everything. Evidently, they and some others were holed up in the home of one of their school's administrators, waiting to be able to leave the area. He is an OU alum, and drove the lot of them here, got them registered, said "This is Oklahoma; they'll take care of you," and left again, to go and help rebuild his school.

He was right; we will take care of them.

that's a great story niKa! lots of that going on at a lot of schools I hear (of course probably not quite like Norman!)...

Well... the horned frogs got theirs didn't they!?! losing to SMU! ... I guess that means the SMU can beat Oklahoma now doesn't it? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> ...at least your boys barely escaped!

...how 'bout them Cowboys! ...at least there's hope for another week...

Well, three things:

1) we didn't get nearly as many refugees as some places, so our resources can go around without being too stretched. Also, it's the Prairie thing; folks just like to make sure that everyone's OK. (Yes, it's also the Mountain thing, the Coast thing, and the Bayou thing; I understand . . . icon_smile.gif:)--> )

2) that football game was a LOT closer than the score might indicate. We were extremely fortunate.

3) Tough day. Two years to the day since my Daddy passed away. Mom's doing well; is in love, and considering remarriage. She's really done us proud, and Dad would be proud of her, too.

But is was still a tough day.

Did anyone from the 9th Corps get to Mrs. W.'s funeral? I wanted to go, but distance and family responsibilities made it impossible. I though of them at that hour, and sent up a few prayers.

Why is there a pic of a dresser behind them, you ask?? Well now, let's all begin GUESSING what the picture of the dresser means...

I THINK the dresser represents the old age that people move into, becoming to our young as antiques or relics.

Simon's declaration of "Holy God!!" sits there like a diamond. How short and simple the TRUTH is!!!

Exie, I thank thee and I thank thee for this thine research. Has the messinger from below (latin = 'sub' and 'carrier') given you new light into these obscure websites??

John* and Cece* Daly** and big Dick** DeNenno**, are they in or out of whatever ...

If the Bible doesn't tell you, you DO NOT KNOW!!!

Simon, are you and the apostle Paul at this time planning another college WOW tour to Florida??

Blessin's to mah people...

Excie,you certainly have a gift ministry for researching the "Where are they now?" concerning our 9th corpse breth-er-en...

Speaking of 'gift ministries',I remember back when DeNenno had such an acute gift of being able to remember the names of his fellow 9th corkers so quickly...I remember saying to myself back then,"If this man doesn't have the gift ministry of an apostle,prophet or limb coordinator,then he will certainly go places in the packaging industry....