GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

OK, the 3 posts after that were by me ... I guess I single handedly leached all the humor out of you guys

:dance:

Good for me ... you guys were getting the spirit of funny ... I had to cast it out.

Now who is this mckeanj? I must have personally offended them somewhere ... meaning ... it could be just about anyone!

:beer:

but the cardinals are lookin good ... wine is in the cellar ... leaves are turnin'

post-1479-1159916877_thumb.jpg

Edited by rhino

You guys were a heckuva a lot funnier in your first 4,968 posts.

would you please go back and read them and report back to us on the theme and content?

just kidding... you don't have to read them all... just read the ones by Simonzeeloaded and Reverend Tuttles...

oh... nice tree rhino! ...did you have to paint all those leaves individually?

well myseestorniKa... are you rested up for the beeg weekend?

...do you sometimes feel schizophrenic during this weekend each year when you're torn between your loyalty to your employer and your loyalty to the state of your birth?

me? I've got no clue who's gonna win or which team is gonna show up... but I know who I've got to root for!

myseestorex! hockey season started! (but I must not watch it until after the bazaball playoffs are over)

Rhino, cool tree. Is that your house? Do those great windows face East for the sunrise, or perhaps West for the sunset?

Tommymylove, I am rather conflicted, since there are no football kids in my classes this semester, but it's for sure that all of the niKas will be wearing their Crimson and Cream gear, and yelling our heads off at the radio (remember, no television at our house; it's the only day of the year that I miss it).

Mckean, you got sumpin' agin' goalposts, er what? "Drop Kick Me, Jesus" is a classic, and there's no song that can bring down the house in an elementary school talent show quite like "Camp Granada." Where are your priorities, man? What does your back look like? Remember that if you don't like our thread, the thread on the next corner will be glad to have you. You can go and see them in their train. I'll bet that there are some threads that are so rightly divided (ortho-tomounta) that if you look at them, you can't tell one piece of pie from the other; we aren't like that; we are living life.

That said, should you ever feel like bursting into song yourself, at least you know one place where you can get away with it!

That is not my beautiful house

This is not my beautiful wife ...

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down

Letting the days go by/water flowing underground

Into the blue again/after the money’s gone

Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

I have a couple big aquariums stored in there, but the damned squirrels or coons chewed the stand of one to bits ... chewed right through the 2x4's Dam rocky racoon ...

I never really thought of Bill as one of those 'talking heads'....

Well,tomorrow my daughter is going to meet up with excie and some of her fam to go see Mama Mia,a Broadway production....I'm anxious to find out how they'll spot eachother in front of a crowded theatre...A green and white nametag?....A holy spirit dove?....Or maybe a code phrase like "Is Jesus come in the flesh?"...

It doesn't seem fair that New York now has my little girl and two teams in the Major League playoffs....

I was just pokin at you a little bit. You guys are .... hilarious, the only reason I come to this site. Heck, it seems you're even famous, around here. I see the 8th has a spirit o' jello-sea and is talking about sinking ships..y'all could send over a can of whupped cream

and who the heck bleeped out my fckn word, anyway?

In the words of Dr. Smith: "Oh, the pain, the pain . . ."

As spoken by the Wicked Witch of the West: "What a world, what a world!"

We've been beaten by Texas. Second time in a row. This time, it wasn't the referees giving it away (reference the undeserving Oregon Ducks); it was an honest-to-goodness got-outplayed, got out-coached, we jes'wuzn't as good as them kind of situation.

Easier to live with than the Ducks thang; still feels kind of un-natural, though.

Happy Sunday anyway, to all of you usual suspects (you know who you are).

Fellowshipper, throw me a bone here. Is it Spring there? How are your kids doing, man?

Tommystrange, got a snowcone? Not an orange one? :(

Rhino, how's the wine this year?

Excie, homework isn't any easier at our house, either; I am your sister in homework battles.

Igotout, I'm so glad that yougotout. It's starting to get autum-y here; I envy your warmness down there.

Simon, fellowshipper says your kid's "awright." High praise, coming from a guy who could make a sunscreen joke as bad as that one was . . .

Bayleaves, where are you?

And where the heck is Fastbuck? Isn't he ever gonna let the circle be unbroken?

Missed anybody, mah fault. More coffee might fix it.

woh. At the bottom of the thread, it said "rhino" in italics, with little dots under the letters.

When I put the mouse over Rhino's name, it said that he was "posting." I put it over my own name, and it said that I was "reading."

Woh. Technology.

As you were.

It still says you're posting, you slowpoke.

At least it wasn't in italics because of too much wine, or anything.

Why does it do that? I made two separate posts, but it put them together.

Maybe this one will end up with the other two, in the same little box.

That would be like-minded posts, fellowhipping together.

this is my fourth post, and it still has rhino in italics like he was on acid or something.

This proves that I will do almost anything not to have to go back to grading essays.

back to the salt mines

Nika, I am letting this years vintage age gracefully for a few months ... but I still have about 60 bottles of last year's red which is pretty good I think. But for me, if I don't get sick and get a buzz ... it is good.

Tom, are you on the run from the law or sumpthin' ? You are always in a different town. And don't tell me you work for the Merry Ott or sumpthin'

Simon ... sounds like you have a cool daughter ... you must miss her now, but look at all the vicarious living you get as a bonus. Do you have that truck in shape yet?

Yankeys lost yahooo ... now if the Cards can close it out tonight ... life will be complete

Complete, complete , complete in him

I am my own grandpa ....

I guess I'm forgetting the words ...

Is this the karaoke korps now?

We have at least one singing okie ...

everybody please rise and turn to number 52 in your sing along the way ...

as i was saying, simon's daughter is wonderful and charming and beautiful and intelligent and sweet

we had a great time together at the show. afterwards we went to rosie o'gradys (irish pub of course) -- no cookies and lemonade mr. strange :) -- to meet up with my nephew who is close in age so he could help her with city stuff. i'm more of a country bumpkin and old

you did really good, simon

love you

and y'all

ps. i wish my son was finished with damn school

When I put the mouse over Rhino's name, it said that he was "posting." I put it over my own name, and it said that I was "reading."

this is my fourth post, and it still has rhino in italics like he was on acid or something.

Heh ... it's not acid, it's glue ... PVC glue ... this old chicken house needs a lot of plumbing work ...

I leave the reply window open sometimes while I wonder off in other windows. Fortunately technology is not yet clever enough to know "Rhino is nose picking ... and it's a big booger" LOL

I don't buy that country bumpkin routine excie ... bumpkins don't go to Broadway plays ... unless it is Minnie Pearl. I'm more the bumpkin type ... :)