GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Reyoonian?...Who said anything about a reyoonian?...Should we bring our Bibles?...What about corpse notes?...LEAD Boots?...Will seconds be available?...Can we get sponsors,or "spiritual partners" to pay for our air fare?...If so,will we be required to text message them daily about how God is blessing us exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think at this reyoonion?...I vote that we have our reyoonion in Truth Or Consequences,New Mexico...

U R 1 sick puppy! :biglaugh:

Let's not forget -- vibram souls! (or is that SOLES?) :wacko:

SimonNeverSinister, thanks for asking. I've located a team of microsurgeons in Italy who are the only people in the world operating for lymphedema. The "Pro from Dover" himself answered my e-mail, and has agreed to see me. He's a very gracious person. I have two goals: one is to get my leg fixed, and the other is to influence the medical schools in America to recognize this procedure, and send vascular surgery residents to study with this man and his team. One in five women who have mastectomies for breast cancer are affected by lymphedema of the arm, when lymph nodes are removed. There is no cure in America. 85% of the folks this surgeon has operated on have been cured or at least made much better; everyone he's operated on has improved at least some. He does a microsurgical bypass around the site of the obstruction. There are also children born with what's called "Milroy's Disease"; this is from genetic insufficiency of the lymphatic system. Left untreated, all kinds of lymphedema eventually develop into elephantiasis, which is a pretty ugly word.

I guess I'm out to save the world again. What else is new?

The med school at U. of Arizona has been trying for awhile to get grants funded to send medical residents to Italy to study with this guy, but they haven't as yet gotten funding. There must be a war on, or something.

If anybody knows anyone who's wealthy, and wants to pay for some plane tickets and inexpensive hotel rooms for medical students, that might be a nice way to speed things up; I'm going with them or without them, likely this summer.

Pray for me!

Edited by notinKansasanymore

SimonNeverSinister, thanks for asking. I've located a team of microsurgeons in Italy who are the only people in the world operating for lymphedema. The "Pro from Dover" himself answered my e-mail, and has agreed to see me. He's a very gracious person. I have two goals: one is to get my leg fixed, and the other is to influence the medical schools in America to recognize this procedure, and send vascular surgery residents to study with this man and his team. One in five women who have mastectomies for breast cancer are affected by lymphedema of the arm, when lymph nodes are removed. There is no cure in America. 85% of the folks this surgeon has operated on have been cured or at least made much better; everyone he's operated on has improved at least some. He does a microsurgical bypass around the site of the obstruction. There are also children born with what's called "Milroy's Disease"; this is from genetic insufficiency of the lymphatic system. Left untreated, all kinds of lymphedema eventually develop into elephantiasis, which is a pretty ugly word.

I guess I'm out to save the world again. What else is new?

The med school at U. of Arizona has been trying for awhile to get grants funded to send medical residents to Italy to study with this guy, but they haven't as yet gotten funding. There must be a war on, or something.

If anybody knows anyone who's wealthy, and wants to pay for some plane tickets and inexpensive hotel rooms for medical students, that might be a nice way to speed things up; I'm going with them or without them, likely this summer.

Pray for me!

That's great news! Thanks for the update... you betcha we'll be praying for our favorite college englich teacher! :)

Wrdsandwrks... back several pages (on this thread), niKa shared some of those personal travails with us for prayer and support... if you want to catch up... :)

wrdsandwrks... starting at about post #5807, which I think is on page 290

Had an interesting and highly informative telephone conversation with an M.D. at N.I.H (National Institutes of Health) today. There may be a couple of drug options to try before resorting to surgery. This is completely different information than other M.D.'s had given me before. It's just amazing how so few people, even in the medical profession, know much about current state-of-the-art treatment for this.

I really don't want to think that it's because this mostly affects only women and children. I really don't.

Next week, there may be some third option. I'm turning over every stone that I can find.

Thanks for asking, Rocky.

love, niKa

:dance:

Had an interesting and highly informative telephone conversation with an M.D. at N.I.H (National Institutes of Health) today. There may be a couple of drug options to try before resorting to surgery. This is completely different information than other M.D.'s had given me before. It's just amazing how so few people, even in the medical profession, know much about current state-of-the-art treatment for this.

I really don't want to think that it's because this mostly affects only women and children. I really don't.

Next week, there may be some third option. I'm turning over every stone that I can find.

Thanks for asking, Rocky.

love, niKa

Heh heh! Of course, you are a most resourceful youngster! ;) (hey, 50 AIN'T old anymore!)... I don't know if you look at those google ads at the bottom of the page these days... they bring up things relating to words that google "sees" on the page being brought up... anyway, one just now was www.lymphedema-options.com which I figure you've probably already checked into...

I love it when someone opens doors so wide for so many (this IS a growing concern, right?)... with the kind of curiosity and persistence you, our own Prof. niKa, are demonstrating! I'm sure we are all most thankful, proud of (etc., etc.) you... :eusa_clap:

love, niKa

Even in the event that IS the reason... look at what has taken place regarding breast cancer awareness, prevention, treatment, etc. in the last 20-30 years BECAUSE women got organized so that the problem would no longer be overlooked.

And I do have relatives on both the maternal and paternal side (aunts) who have had breast cancer... and one of them died because she didn't get lump(s) examined by physicians until it was way too late... she had known for a long time about the lumps...

Anyway, I never will doubt that the world can change because of the actions of a small group of committed (women) people... because (as Margaret Mead observed decades ago) that's the only thing that HAS changed the world!

And I've seen (big, societal) change happen before.

ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO COOK!!! Rocky... anything... it's all very delicious...

...you just have to stay to the side, out of the way, or you'll get knocked over...

Thanks Tom! I'll have to come up with a menu. I think that the minestrone worked so well because it was easy and a nice welcome meal for those getting in at all hours.

BBQ will most likely be on the menu

I'll take suggestions for the welcome meal -

Then there's dessert.....hmmmmmm dessert!

SimonNeverSinister, thanks for asking. I've located a team of microsurgeons in Italy who are the only people in the world operating for lymphedema.

And just how little are these microsurgeons,Nika?...I know some Italians are short,but I didn't know they called their doctors microsurgeons...

Reminds me of a story I heard...A guy goes into a bar carrying this foot-tall guy and sets him on the bar...Bartender comes over and the little guy says "give us a couple of beers and make it snappy,you pipsqueak"...Bartender returns with the two beers,the little guy hands him a five and says "give me back all my change,potato-face...Bartender comes back and hands the little guy the change and he runs up and kicks the barkeep right in the chin...Bartender says "That's it!...You're outa here,now beat it!"...Little guy jumps onto the floor,and as he's storming out says to his buddy "You got two minutes to get your a$$ out the door or I'm leaving without you"...

So the bartender asks the guy "what's with your little buddy?"...The guy answered: "It's a long story,but the short version is,I was walking down the beach one day,and found a lamp,which,of course,I rubbed...Then this genie came out of it and said he could grant me one wish...So I told him 'I would love to have a 12 inch prick' "....

And just how little are these microsurgeons,Nika?...I know some Italians are short,but I didn't know they called their doctors microsurgeons...

...So I told him 'I would love to have a 12 inch prick' "....

Simon... how can you BE so f***ing funny!? Do you have baloney in your shoes or something? :biglaugh:

Simon... how can you BE so f***ing funny!? Do you have baloney in your shoes or something? :biglaugh:

I'd like to put the 9th Corps back on top but I'm not sure if I could or should jump into this conversation. So how's the weather?

What conversation?...You don't actually believe we're having meaningful conversation,do you?

Let me assure you, Professor Wrdsandwrks, we are NOT having meaningful conversation on this thread! :biglaugh:

It's just for fun. :dance:

And our other professor, niKa, got us all to try dancing on the ceiling! :confused:

Hey 9th Corps people. I am here in Tampa with an Englishman from Nashville named DB. We are enjoying a cold Guiness and looking at your funny posts. We are attending our annual neighborhood Kentucky Derby Party on Saturday. DB said to say hi to all of you guys and girls and others. Good memories of all of you and sends his love.

Hey 9th Corps people. I am here in Tampa with an Englishman from Nashville named DB. We are enjoying a cold Guiness and looking at your funny posts. We are attending our annual neighborhood Kentucky Derby Party on Saturday. DB said to say hi to all of you guys and girls and others. Good memories of all of you and sends his love.

Back at you guys! tnks John and DB. :beer:

Well,the Beatles might have been more popular than Jesus,but our Englishman from Nashville named DB was even more popular than Simonzelotes and the four who were crucified with Jesus...May the Lord bless his banjo-pickin' heart...