GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Beware what you say as touching these men (where was all this "touching" when we were in res??). For if this bantering be of God, you can do nothing, lest haply you be found to fight even against God. These are not drunken, as you suppose. That jimmy swagger you observe is Godly assurance. Knowing this FIRST.....

Speaking of Spanish outreach, if I ever move to a latin country, I'm gonna change mah name to Tomas De Jesus.

Happy B-day Sexie, O young & firm one!!! Party tonight, top floor Wirewilly, 7PM, which means 6:50PM corps time!!!! Bring Mal packs and Jethro Kloss high enema tool kit. Simon, you man the beer wagon.

We're so glad that you were born

Cause if you were not here

We'd never see your smiling face

Or hear your voice if cheer

It's hard to say "God bless you"

To someone who don't exist

But if the Lord should tarry

We'll be singing to you next year

Love, love, love mah birthday gal!!

The beer wagon is much more to be desired than that blasted schittzenvagen used to pump clean those porta-lets all have a party in honour of our mother-in-the-word is that excie is starting to go backwards as far as her years go,so she's now younger than me and Christ Jesus got a good thing goin' on- ward Christian soldiers,marching off to war,what is it good for? absolutely nothing---can stop me from preaching the Good News for Modern Man,do I gotta quit rambling,Rose....

Happy Birthday,young one!

Rose, he arose, by any other name would smell as sweet ... yes, the honey wagon job was only appreciated by the deeply spiritual, I never attained that level. The elusive Corps beer, I hardly knew it ... but now I lift my mug to excie and SALUTE ... :beer:

A party for young excie .... wahooo. ...

Happy Birthday Excie ...

I have been a-fishing. The air in the Colorado mountains was so clear and easy to breathe, and the views were so spectacular, that my soggy state of Oklahoma seems very different. There are lots and lots of tomatos in the garden, but no sunshine to turn them red. We've had the 17th day in a row of rain; who knew that there could be a monsoon season in central Oklahoma? Even odder, last year at this time, we were actively concerned about the possible advent of another Dust Bowl. I wonder if Al Gore is quoting that Jurassic Park character, Ian Malcomb (just as the T-Rex made her first appearance): "Geez, I hate being right all the time!"

The hiking was fantastic, and the fishing was tolerable. Sightings included deer, elk, bear, ferret, marmots, hawks, fox, and lots and lots of little firkins. My family doesn't understand why I don't just call them "ground squirrels."

:dance:

Hey, I like fried green tomatos, anywhoo.

Hey niKa,

Long time no see... glad to hear you've been having a good time with your family in the great outdoors!

So, that leg must be doing quite well, from the sound of your enthusiasm... which is great news.

1218.gif

Oh and I hope we hear from Tom Strange soon, I understand it's been even wetter in Texas than in OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everybody, how's it going?

I just wanted to share with you something very cool. On Friday evening, I was driving into Marlow, Oklahoma just at sunset. It was one of those huge, sweeping sunsets, and the horizon and half the sky was vivid reddish-purple. There was also a rainstorm, a big one, just off in the distance. The rain was visible coming down in a mass from the clouds. Because of the sunset, the rain was purple.

Purple rain. And it filled about a third of the sky. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I'd never known that such a thing was even possible; I'd thought that it was just a silly album title.

love, niKa :dance:

except for the smart ones like tommy strange and da rock :)

Bill Ney, Sheila Toney, Mark Gagnon: where did they all go? I know about Sheila getting deprogrammed; funny how even though she was probably in a better place than we were, I still don't like the way she was forced to go there.

I hope they're okay.

Happy Graduation! :dance: I wore a peasant dress, and sported my first perm. Frizzy city. Looked awful; thought I looked cool. Waltzed across that stage like I knew what I was doing.

Corps weddings! That means some of our number are celebrating anniversaries this week! As for me and my house, it will be my anniversary of ironing some of your wedding dresses. Happy 26, everybody, whichever milestone you're toasting!