GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Rocky, do mean he posted something here at GSC?

If anyone has an address or phone number, if you would be so kind, contact me via the PM service or email.

Thanks, Jim.

No... I don't know if he posted anything here or not. If he did, he didn't identify himself.

I meant at another web site.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where have all the Flowers Gone? Oh, wait - I mean the 9th Corps. How busy ARE we, anyway?

I'm smack in the middle of the end-of-semester crazies. Piles of work, all due yesterday.

One of my students just e-mailed that she has a doctor's note for missing class last week. She reports that she has a horrible case of the flu.

I really, really hope that it's not that flu.

We don't have any confirmed cases in Oklahoma yet, and I surely don't want this kid to end up being the first.

I hope that you are all well and happy.

Love, niKa

• 2 weeks later...

I turned in grades last Tuesday. Wooo-HOOOOOO!

Now, I'm . . . folding laundry for the entire summer. Or making curtains, or cleaning out the attic, or taking kids to camp, or . . . getting ready for my NEW JOB which will begin in the Fall. I've switched to another university, for a tenure-track job.

Even though I dropped out of college for twelve years to go and save the world, and therefore, by the time I FINALLY met my husband, did not have the years of life left to do BOTH a Ph.D and children (I had our youngest children at 40 and 42, respectively!), God has provided a tenure-track job. Master's degree tenure positions are probably more rare than hen's teeth. Near as I can tell, there was only one in my whole greater metro area this year, and competition was fierce. I'm dancing in the kitchen, and in the dining room, and out in the street. This is a big deal for me, and for my family. It's also a job where I will be able to make a genuine difference in people's lives. I'm really very, very excited about it.

I just had to share it with you guys, because you are also my family.

I love you, niKa

I turned in grades last Tuesday. Wooo-HOOOOOO!

Now, I'm . . . folding laundry for the entire summer. Or making curtains, or cleaning out the attic, or taking kids to camp, or . . . getting ready for my NEW JOB which will begin in the Fall. I've switched to another university, for a tenure-track job.

Even though I dropped out of college for twelve years to go and save the world, and therefore, by the time I FINALLY met my husband, did not have the years of life left to do BOTH a Ph.D and children (I had our youngest children at 40 and 42, respectively!), God has provided a tenure-track job. Master's degree tenure positions are probably more rare than hen's teeth. Near as I can tell, there was only one in my whole greater metro area this year, and competition was fierce. I'm dancing in the kitchen, and in the dining room, and out in the street. This is a big deal for me, and for my family. It's also a job where I will be able to make a genuine difference in people's lives. I'm really very, very excited about it.

I just had to share it with you guys, because you are also my family.

I love you, niKa

Wow niKa, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I haven't been at the cafe in a while and haven't commented on anything here in an even greater while, but this is definitely comment-worthy! God is good!

Wow niKa, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I haven't been at the cafe in a while and haven't commented on anything here in an even greater while, but this is definitely comment-worthy! God is good!

Echo! (I like that word better than "ditto" these days). :dance:

• Upvote 1