GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Exie - I was thinking this morning that in twenty years, most of us from the 9th Corps will be somewhere in our seventies. We're going to be thankful for all of those aerobics points.

Especially if we're still earning them! :)

• 1 month later...

Exie - I was thinking this morning that in twenty years, most of us from the 9th Corps will be somewhere in our seventies. We're going to be thankful for all of those aerobics points.

I am only one corps older but I have only just over 10 years to go!

• 1 month later...

Hey, ya'll. Been pretty busy at work lately, but wanted to stop by and say that I was thinking of you. Happy Late Summer. The tomato plants haven't made any new fruit for three weeks, because it doesn't get cool enough at night for them to set any fruit. There was an utterly fantastic sunset last Saturday, sending out radial spokes of sunlight through the clouds left by a passing summer storm. That's all for now. Love you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's crazy time at my house. Finals week is next week, there's a stack of grading as high as an elephant's eye (which has been growing daily, no matter that I take some from the pile every day), and the kids seem to have another Christmas concert every night (third one within a week was tonight). It was wonderful.

But I really wish you could have seen what awaited us as we left the middle school gym this evening; out into the pitch-dark night we walked, all four-and-a-half hundred of us, right out into the very first snowfall of the season. Wet, fat snowflakes plopped on our heads and all around us as we walked to our cars. Nobody ran. Nobody cared that the snow was positively drippy wet. Everybody marvelled, and walked so as to take just enough time on the way to their cars to enjoy it.

I'd felt tired before that. Now, an hour later, I'm still smiling.

• 4 weeks later...

Excie makes a good point. Thank you to all of you, 9th Corps and friends, for making this thread such an interesting, funny, and healing place. I can't say "See you at the Rock," but some day, we'll all be together at that big Ice Cream Bowl in the sky; until then, I certainly hope to run into you again, somewhere along the way, if fate permits. John Richeson's Way Corps ning site might be a nice way to keep in touch. I love you!

"My heart can sing

When I pause to remember

A heartache here is but a stepping stone

Along the path that's winding always upward

This troubled world is not my final home.

But until then, my heart will go on singing.

Until then, with joy I'll carry on.

Until the day my eyes behold The City,

Until the day God calls us home."

Tremendous thanks to Pawtucket for the intense labors of time, love, and personal expense that this site has been. Let's all pray for him as he goes through this transition.

Excie makes a good point. Thank you to all of you, 9th Corps and friends, for making this thread such an interesting, funny, and healing place. I can't say "See you at the Rock," but some day, we'll all be together at that big Ice Cream Bowl in the sky; until then, I certainly hope to run into you again, somewhere along the way, if fate permits. John Richeson's Way Corps ning site might be a nice way to keep in touch. I love you!

"My heart can sing

When I pause to remember

A heartache here is but a stepping stone

Along the path that's winding always upward

This troubled world is not my final home.

But until then, my heart will go on singing.

Until then, with joy I'll carry on.

Until the day my eyes behold The City,

Until the day God calls us home."

Tremendous thanks to Pawtucket for the intense labors of time, love, and personal expense that this site has been. Let's all pray for him as he goes through this transition.

facebook works too... love you niKa and excie! and Simonzelotes and the rest of you wild and wacky people. :)

that song always made me cry

tom strange wow happy birthday and you too wrdswrks !!!!!! you cute little yungin'

i love you nikie and rocky and wrds and simon and tim graves (what the heck is his handle/screen name) and all "you guys"

i feel so lucky to have reconnected with you

i really do look forward to being together in the eternal future -- all that time to share on the mic on your birthday and with perfect minds we won't get bored, right ? xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Okay, this is not a fun reason to post. Joe Kriston shared the news late Thursday evening that our sister Moira Kenney Hutchinson had passed away early that morning (Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012). She's being laid to rest in Glendora, California, on Saturday.

What is there to say about Moira? Wow. She was steel and hope and laughter, all rolled up into one dynamic person. No words could ever attempt to capture her. I think that the rest of us are going to have to get our acts together, and be cooler; that's a lot of slack to take up.