GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Hi, Ya'll. Thinking of you tonight. I hope that you're all happy, and that you have been able to find a good watermelon or three by now.

Fellowshipper, had any snow yet? Wearing your reindeer jumper?

The tomatoes and basil are going strong in the garden; these are the bruschetta days of summer.

I got lost out in the country today; I found myself in Cement, Oklahoma (pronounced SEE-ment), where the people were sweet enough to tell me how to get back to where I was supposed to be. Lots of open spaces out there.

Good night; love you all.

It was 104 today, and is still 97 as I type this, at 10:30 at night.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Give me a blistering hot summer day over a cold winter one, any time!! Yes, we're a bit sweaty, even though we've been inside with the air conditioning. Drink lots of water. Hydrate with tomatoes from the garden; they are at their peak right now. Bring it on!

I have noticed that something else is growing. I planted an Obama sign in my front yard a few weeks ago, and now they're popping up all up and down the street. Several of them, and my street is only one block long. Could lead to dancing.

It was 104 today, and is still 97 as I type this, at 10:30 at night.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Give me a blistering hot summer day over a cold winter one, any time!! Yes, we're a bit sweaty, even though we've been inside with the air conditioning. Drink lots of water. Hydrate with tomatoes from the garden; they are at their peak right now. Bring it on!

I have noticed that something else is growing. I planted an Obama sign in my front yard a few weeks ago, and now they're popping up all up and down the street. Several of them, and my street is only one block long. Could lead to dancing.

cool17.gifcool17.gif

dance018.gif

Niki, I went to the way corps page and saw that someone had done some photographs of the Anderson library dome. I typed in my name and there was your name on the same picture of signatures. Check it out mate

I just saw LOTS of 9th corps names in those pics... not mine, however.

• 1 month later...

Tom: acronyms.

Fellowshipper: is it Spring there? I'll bet the flowers are beautiful.

I had the Obama sign stolen out of my yard, and so did everybody else from my street! So I went and got some more, and door-to-door'd like the old days. Now there are lots of signs. I knew that door-to-door witnessing skills were good for something other than . . . whatever it was that we used them for, back in the day.

Are any of you coming to the BBQ besides Tom and Me? I'll be there for the Saturday night gig.

Love, niKa