GreaseSpot Cafe

7th Corps - The not-so "perfect" Corps

igotout

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is more to this about our Corps being so perfect beside being #7.

The good Doctor at a Night Owl one night told us how great we were. Something about our Corps having more potential than anybody, anywhere, anyhow, anyway.

I'll try to find the exact quote. Maybe Cookie can get it for me. That statement was treated like words of prophecy among some of the more "zealous" ones in our group.

John R.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Buck posted a few lines of John Shreve's famous lyrics on another thread. I laughed so hard remembering those songs.

"At the Rock doo doo doo dooo dooo doo! We'll be drinkin lots of coffee and be servin up Agape at the Rock doo doo doo doo doo doo"...

or the other one:

"Circumsize, beady eyes, Jewish legal regal beagles"...

Someone needs to post all the lyrics of these songs. Ha! They were great.

John, you were way ahead of your time.

JohnShreveEmporia77.jpg

John, that pic looks like after a 12 hour fun run. What was it, an 8 minute test, or a 12 minute test?? Can't remember ...

Circumcized, pack 'o lies, jewish regal legal people (not BEAGLE), to bring us under the law ...

Didn't Tom Burke do that song?? I'm sure he did, but maybe it was Shreve that coined it ...

Your pictures sure do bring back the memories. Thanks again for all the pics you've supplied.

You are indeed CORPS !!!!!!!!

John, I hate to rain on the PERFECT 7th kork thread parade,,,BUT oledocvic said the same to the sickthppth kork. Ask Hope, see if she remembers--course, it was early in the year and by the end of our first year, he coulda been thinkin' ANY kork had more potential then ourn so's he goes and blabs to the very next one, ur own dear, dear 7th about how much potential You-all HAD to have had....

least ways, I know he said that same .... during our first official kork night at mpooriam. Hope, still remember Greg M. arguing with his vicness the very first night??? wahahahahahahahahahahhaa

Hey, don't burst our groups' bubble. We really believed we were spiritually perfect there for a few years. Especially when we hit our "stride", whatever the hell that was.

As one who married someone from your group I can say that ya'll are indeed "sickth". I heard all the stories.

But besides her beautiful smile I think that was what attracted me to one of you 21 years ago. I needed to be in the compnay of a "sickth" type person. Now we have two wonderful "sickth" children.

Tom looks like it may have been one of those damnable 12 minutes tests.

Reminds me of a big mistake I made. Having come from a rigorous Fellow Laborers program on the field, I was already used to running. Three to five miles was cake. So what did some of us do the first 12 minute test we had?

Zealouts that we were, we put our all into the competition.....which put us in the highest category from day one! Which meant we had to run our asses off to meet our requirements each week. (Unfortunately there was no way to downsize outside an injury.)

I should have taken a cue for some of the smarter ones in our group and jogged followed by brisk walking.

John,

This is Buck. I don't pretend to remember those words exactly, but I know it was something like that. Although, my wife swears that the word "beagle" was in there. I can now see that it could very well have been "people" Tom Tuttle. It's kinda like all of those years thinking that "There's a bad moon on the rise" sounded like "there's a bathroom on the right".

But yes, any one with the correct words to any of John Shreve's funny songs, please post them. That guy was really funny. Wonder what he's doin these days?

Now, this is "Bucks" wife. Hi guys. John, did you ever get my e-mail? Anyway, I was wondering if any of you remember when Jerry Carr did the sports quiz contest where the winner would get to wear the NBA warm up jacket that Jerry STOLE from Wilt Chamberlain. I about died laughing when John Shreve answered the sports question right, won the jacket, and then put it on. That thing just plain dwarfed him with him standing there grinning! You all remember that? We had such fun times it seems. So many of those people were so funny!

Shannon! Yeah, I got your email. But it's kinda like when we had to write to all our sponsors and procrastination set in.

No, really, I have so much to say to you after all these years, it will be a long email with some pictures too. It's hard to summarize 20 years but you did very well in yours to me. Be patient with me.

Now that you mention it, I remember that hilarious incident too. That was some huge jacket!

John was a sports genuis. He had an encyclopedic (is that a word?) mind when it came to sports.

Edited by Guest

Shannon reminded me yet another funny incident I forgot about. It was when Linda Kluge led all of us in "It took a Miracle". She used a long stick with a red ball attached to the end in the style of follow the bouncing ball.

I think many of us didn't quite know what to make of Linda but she always kept us entertained in some way. For that I will always be grateful. I hear Linda is in Idaho today and has a passle of kids and horses and some dogs. I am sure they all love her immensly.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs. Buck, how are you? I thought you were a great down to earth person in the corps. Say hi to Buck for me - he's a sweetie! John, saw a picture of you on the 9th thread with D. Bailey - what a studmuffin you were. In fact all of us were cute young things.

Sunesis,

Now I'm old (49) as my kids (11 & 15) tease me.

You were a cutie too. I was always afraid to ask you out because I thought you were too cool for lowly me. Self image thing I guess.

I hooked up with D. Bailey in Ohio last summer at the CFF reunion. It was good to see him after all those years. He lives in the hills of TN with no internet or computer. But I am trying to change that.

I have been working entirely too much lately. Can only check in once in a while for now. Self employment can be brutal but fun.

Sunesis, Hope is a saint, while I am adept at being an **shole at times.

Tuttle, do you still live in the hills of Florida? Maybe you are getting a little too lonely there. I would like to visit you sometime but I am afraid you will try to sodomize me. Remember that's still against the law in some of these southern states. (You are the funniest guy on Greasesspot.)

Sunesis, David is still kind of like the same old David from back then, a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other, and that thick English accent. The one difference is his hair is almost white.

I'll mail him a letter one of these days (damn, that boy needs to get a PC and a modem) and tell him about ya. He told me I can give his phone number to friends who may ask for it. It was a real treat for him to get a visit from Ted Ferrel last year.

Sunesis, do you remember Frank Piluso from da Bronx?

Edited by Guest

Do I remember Frankie!! Of course. He was one of my very best buddies in the corps. I loved him. Since we were both from NY we could relate. I grew up right outside da Bronx, one town up. We would make snide and sarcastic remarks together. He was a doll. I was so sad when he didn't come back.

He was my best friend our first year and was the best man at my wedding. What a funny guy! Most people didn't know how smart he was. He slept through most classes and NEVER studied but he always got A's.

He took me to Da Bronx on Xmas vacation. We were opposites, me being from KY and he from NYC. It was my first ever visit to NYC. His parents lived in an upstairs apartment like in one of those old buildings you see on TV in New York shots. They had lived there for years. His dad was a retired NYC cab driver. Frank was an only child.

When we arrived all the neighbors from all over came running out and hugged him greeted him. They were all speaking Italian. I didn't understand a word. Culturally, it was just like in that movie "MY Big Fat Greek Wedding"

We went upstairs and drank funny coffee in little cups and had interesting desserts. I am sure he is still there to this day today.

The reason he didn't return???? He fell in love with a nice girl and got married and had a son on his interim year, of course.

He named his son Rocky because he was born during the Rock of Ages. If I had to guess, I would bet his grown son Rocky, adores his dad.

Here's to you Frankie! Wherever you are.

FrankPilusoMay

John R

Tampa, FL

[This message was edited by igotout on February 15, 2003 at 18:10.]

Edited by Guest

Test - this whole thread was deleted due to an unknown error with this site!

By chance we recovered it from my browser history. (Thank you Hope).

I hope someone is backing these threads up.

[This message was edited by igotout on February 04, 2003 at 9:01.]

Edited by Guest

Excathedra, I wish I knew the whereabouts of a lot of our friends from the past. I figure we will all be together in heaven some day and will catch up then.

He was unique and always had a way to make people smile or laugh, something we did a lot of back then. Heck, he might be rich and famous somewhere or just an everyday schmuck like me. I wish him well and hope he posts here someday.

(If you are mad at me for posting your picture, John (or anybody), contact me and I will have it removed.)

Edited by Guest

This just in! Everybody sing....

"Oh,we loooove you,loooove you,loooove you, we'll sing it once again,

Oh, we loooove you, loooove you, loooove you, comes back the glad refrain.

From the mooouuuuntains to the prairie, the iiislands of the sea,

You can heeeear the whole world singing, our joyous meeelody."

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by Guest