GreaseSpot Cafe

7th Corps - The not-so "perfect" Corps

igotout

Was the name changed from Vollmer to Uncle Harry during the 7th corps first year residence? I know it was Vollmer when I was corresponding with a 6th corps friend there...and it was Uncle Harry when we (8th) started.

OK, so this is a nasty way for an outsider to steal the 100th post on the 7th corps thread.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sunesis, Hi igotout, there is a clue as to who I am in my profile. Then you will know who my 7th Corps, Ten Cow Woman is.

You may certainly move to my Island Nation igotout. I will in fact loan you some cows if you need them in order to pick up a few wives. We also have a custom here that is similar to the Eskimo culture where I would say to you; "Here my friend, go ahead and "laugh with my wife!". I would be glad to share with you if you were unable to find any wives. I see your picture there, and maybe you had better work on a tan!

Did you know that the video of Jonny Lingo can be found on the Internet? Just type in Jonny Lingo (or maybe it's Johnny-I'm not sure how to spell my name) and you will see that there is a cult following of this video. I have an old Sixth Corps friend named Molly Morris who just loved to talk and laugh about that Jonny Lingo video that Dr. W used to have us watch. I am going to look her up one day and send her a copy. I think it would be fun to see it one day again also. We had some Mormon missionary kids (twenty somethings) show up at our door in the pouring rain one day last fall, so we invited them in for some coffee (they declined the coffee but accepted hot cocoa) and we talked a bit and then they really lit up when I asked them "how Jonny Lingo was doing". They were impressed that we non Mormons knew about it.

Anyway, I thought that Jonny Lingo might be a decent handle here at the old GS Cafe. I was thinking of going with "Niatross" (and it's Storm Damage coming up on the outside! But Niatross feels the pressure on his right and surges fwd towards the finsh line! And it's Niatross! Niatross wins by a nose!!), but I liked Jonny Lingo better....

Well, you all have a great day..

Jonny Lingo

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry Johnny. I am not cursing at you. I am cursing the memory of those damned nametag pins. If you were a true disciple you would see the meaning of my curse.

Read the nemetag thread in another forum that was just started and get back to me.

I'll put one of those little symbols here to indicate I am joking. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

(Hey, it's been a long week.)

Me and Hope (from the sick Corps) at a favorite restaurant near here called The Hurricane on St. Pete Beach. If you are ever in this area go to that restaurant and watch the sun set.

John&HopebeachSmall.jpg

[This message was edited by igotout on May 20, 2003 at 13:25.]

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

David Walker - one of the greatest men I have ever known and a wonderful father. David is very sick right now and our prayers are with him. I'll never forget the kind words of encouragement you gave me at the last ROA and for being so positive during trying times I had in Emporia. We love you David.

DavidWalker1.JPG

David's wonderful family. Tannis in the middle, top left is Julianne 16, Natalie 14 (red sweater), Phillip 22 (back middle). Next to Tannis on the right is Stephanie 20. Far right with blue coat is Kaye 19. In front we have Johnathan 11 on the left and Joseph 9 on the right:

DavidWalker&Family1.JPG

[This message was edited by igotout on May 26, 2003 at 14:52.]

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

dear meester yougotout, could you email me a copy of that gunnison picture...?

never mind... I just did the right click thing... did you drive a monte carlo your last year in res (while you were at emporia)???

[This message was edited by Tom Strange on June 25, 2003 at 14:18.]

Edited by Guest

Hey anyone around here know anything about John and Nicha Anderson? They were my PFAL class instructors at Indy...and at one point John said something in a talk we had that got me thinking about the corps. I don't think I ever saw them after PFAL77. Just didnt run into many 7th corps once I got into the 8th...of course Rob Kehoe on his interim year ran the mealtime show while I was at Emporia.

Tom - I did not drive a Monte Carlo. I had an old used Ford Galaxy, Yellow. I drove that thing all over the country, even to NYC with Frank Piluso, finally to Florida where I have been ever since. I guess you could say I retired here. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Lifted Up - I am not sure what became of John & Nicha or where they are. If they are stil married they will have celebrated a lot of anniversaries by now because I think they had been married for a few years when we were in residence 26 years ago.

John Richeson

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are heartbroken over the sudden passing of Rev. Joe Guarini. Yes, Joe & Ruthie were with us in the 7th Corps. He was one of the great ones. Meaning, he was kind and thoughtful and not legalistic or mean.

We were on the painting crew for a brief time in residence in our first year. He was the coordinator. With the pressures I was going through that first year, it was always a refreshing and lighthearted time to go to work with him. The whole crew laughed a lot. Which is exactly what we needed.

It was years later that Hope and I decided to ask him to officiate at our wedding, which he did in New York 21 years ago. He was a blessing to us both.

He will be missed by many until that day when we can see him again. Our prayers go out to Ruthie and her children.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Uppity -

This photo made me cry for a long time. It's still hard for me to look at it. They're both gone - way too young. Joe Maestri took me to my first fellowship in Rye. He was a marvelous human being - smart, funny, talented. He died in the mid 90's (93 or 94).

Too many people I know have died too young.

Hope R. color>size>face>

Well, Hope, may you live to be a hundred. despite your occasional attempts to portray yourself as a way robot, I remember a couple of minor but nice things you did at Emporia (I'm not talking about WayProd) ...nice human things...and I wasn't one that was around you very much.