GreaseSpot Cafe

7th Corps - The not-so "perfect" Corps

igotout

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha! Then that clue cannot be addressed to you, but it is there for your learning. Lessee.....I went LOA out of the 7th during the interim year and came back with the 9th....in the 9th, I was rarely seen without a camera hanging around my neck. There! That oughta do it. :P

Edited by Bistro

Nicely put, LindaZspot. You have judged correctly.

And to Sir Bistro, Daddy says "Shut Up!!". I am not free to teach more, probably due to the fact you went DOA.

Anyone think that any who had to go LOA STILL have any "I'm not worthy" feelings???

Maybe we ought to count any such status worthy of double honor ...

Hi Jeff:

I never really knew you, but I do remember seeing you all over the place with that camera.

I did know your in-laws--very sweet, gracious people. I was sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's passing and hope your father-in-law is doing well considering his loss.

Nice posts! Now send me some of them godd_damn (thanks for showing me how to curse on line ex) pictures so I can continue to embarass us all!! :biglaugh:

That's as nice as I can say it.

And hey I want some more of the 9th too. Both old and new.

Edited by igotout

Thank, Linda Z...My Mom-in-law was a wonderful, wonderful lady and she is sorely missed. Dad-in-law is doing OK, but has health issues.

Not sure if I have any shots from the 9th (a bull at Gunnison stepped on my camera bag)...not even sure if those slides from the 7th have survived the years, but I will search diligently thereof.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
The number 7 supposedly represents spiritual perfection in the bible. Perfect indeed, I am proof that this was a fallacy. It was fun, even though our Corps produced the likes of XX and XX.<BR><BR>I scanned our 7th Corps picture in Gunnison. If anyone wants a copy...just email me. <BR><BR>You will note that me and David Petit are missing from the picture. We had the privilege of being on the clean up crew for that supper meal. You guys left lots of pitchers of cheap beer on your tables. <BR><BR>David & I were enjoying ourselves cleaning up those pitchers of beer. We were in no condition to have our photo taken on some mountain. <BR><BR>So we just said to hell with it and sat there with our pitchers. I don't remember too much after that. <BR><BR>John Richeson<BR>Tampa, FL <BR>Been here since we graduated in 1979.<BR>(I don't miss the snow...had enough of it in Emporia and HQ.) <BR><BR>PS - I became a window washer when I grew up.<BR><BR>[This message was edited by igotout on March 16, 2003 at 22:35.]

Hey John ,I would like a copy of that photo of the 7th corps.. Thanks Jerry Mcsherry

e-mail address jmcamaro67@aol.com

thanks JM

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm looking for Steve Strick, my old Branch coordinator from years gone by - but I forget which Corps he was in ...just that it was an early one. Any one in touch with him, or remember which corps it was? Thanks!

Blessings,

Castingcare

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Hello to everyone, geez it has been a long long time since I made contact with ANYONE in or out of "The Way".   I'm looking for my fearless leader who led the troops while serving as a W.OW. in exciting Norwalk, Connecticut 1977-78.   She was 7th Corps, Paula Wilson, now (last I knew) married to Joseph Wrenn.   We had a whale of a year; one of the most exciting years of my life.   Ended up running several very large PFAL classes which packed the house.   I remember winter coats stacked on the bed five feet high!

A few years back I was traveling up that way and decided to take the exit for Norwalk at around 4:00 AM.   I was traveling with my beloved Siberian Husky so I told her we were going to see if the old homestead was still standing.   8 Muffin Lane was still there.   As we sat quietly in the car for about 20 minutes; powerful emotions took over as I shared with my dog some of the memories of that year.   Anyway, if anyone has any ideas where I might be able to reach Paula,  it would be great to be able to reach out to her and see how life has treated her and her husband. 

Paula, if you happen to read this do you remember when you took all of us to see THIS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lm58cet1g

Besides working our tails off running PFAL classes, she made sure we enjoyed some fun time!

Edited by Chainclanker2

Welcome, Chainclanker2.  Who knows, you might meet other people you know here.  You can post a little about yourself in the New Members section and perhaps if someone knows you they will contact you.

As for Paula Wrenn, I assume you've tried the old favorite, Facebook?  There are a few PWs there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 1:37 AM, Twinky said:

Welcome, Chainclanker2.  Who knows, you might meet other people you know here.  You can post a little about yourself in the New Members section and perhaps if someone knows you they will contact you.

As for Paula Wrenn, I assume you've tried the old favorite, Facebook?  There are a few PWs there.

The one spelling her last name Wren looks like it could be her. I don't remember what her husband looked like. But a couple of pics of both are public so you can check.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:44 PM, Chainclanker2 said:

Hello to everyone, geez it has been a long long time since I made contact with ANYONE in or out of "The Way".   I'm looking for my fearless leader who led the troops while serving as a W.OW. in exciting Norwalk, Connecticut 1977-78.   She was 7th Corps, Paula Wilson, now (last I knew) married to Joseph Wrenn.   We had a whale of a year; one of the most exciting years of my life.   Ended up running several very large PFAL classes which packed the house.   I remember winter coats stacked on the bed five feet high

Chainclanker2; they are no longer married. His current wife is named Carol. Gerald Wrenn is 'friends with my friends' on FB.