GreaseSpot Cafe

Family 10, 11, or 12

tonto

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there Lindy junior,

My hubs and I were F11, and our son was age 4 through 6 while we were there the fall of '84 through the summer of '86. How old were you while you were there, and did you have any siblings then? Aren't you glad we're the heck out of that mess?

Hi Tonto,

I was around 12 to 13 yrs old. I had a younger brother that must have been around 3 to 5. I also had an older brother that was Junior Corpes and he was about 15 to 17ish.

You can PT me as well, if you like. You to Karmi. I don't know if we have ever spoke about this. I know others have mentioned you were F12 in the Chat room.

Unfortunately, I am the only one "out" in our family....but the air sure is clear out here. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'll P.T. you soon, and Karmic again soon. I'm sorry to hear about your family, but glad you're free. It must have been hard to have been a teenager there. I think our son was fine because he was young enough to not be scarred by it. For the most part the staff that dealt with the kids seemed to be pretty good folks, but who really knows what was going on? There was an interim corp girl there who never should have been around kids who got after my son with a spoon once and left marks on his bottom. I never could stand that be-atch. I'm getting mad thinking about it, but I digress. Wow, you quoted Shakespear. Can I adopt you?

• 3 weeks later...

quote:
Originally posted by tonto:

Megan, your mom's name rings a bell but no light bulbs are going off in my head. I most definately have CRS, advanced stage. icon_smile.gif:)--> What kids do you remember while there? My son would have been five when you were came.

I was probably in kindergarted with him then. I don't remember anybodys name other than Sierra Lee Harmon.

If you saw her, you'd recognize her but it has been almost 20(!!) years so...

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

Yeah, 185th and baseline is pretty close to Oregon City.

Please tell me you're kidding. Cause they are over 300 blocks from each other. 185th west side to at least 200 blocks eastside and you're getting closer to Oregon City. 185 and Baseline is far out Northwest and Oregon City is DEEP DEEP Southeast. But I don't believe Portland has ever had a large following and so you probably did travel that far to fellowship.

Well, it HAS been a very long time since I was there - I was thinking Baseline was on the East side of the Willamette River. Silly me. I had 185th and Burnside in my head.

But when I was in Portland, there were something like 30 fellowships there. And almost the whole time I was there, there was one in the house or apartment where I was living.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

Well, it HAS been a very long time since I was there - I was thinking Baseline was on the East side of the Willamette River. Silly me. I had 185th and Burnside in my head.

But when I was in Portland, there were something like 30 fellowships there. And almost the whole time I was there, there was one in the house or apartment where I was living.

wow, that many? I met a gal who had been involved with the way but her step dad was kicked out for not paying enough tithe or something.

I got to Oregon in 79, then I was in Po'land from 80 - 84.

Johnny Lingo was there the year before, 78-79, I believe, and he can tell you that there was a lot of activity there then as well.

80-81 was the year that Po'land was an "Outreach" city. That year, they only sent WOWs to Outreach cities, 100 or so per city. So Po'land got 100 WOW's that year.

And besides those 100, Po'land had 2 full branches of at least 10 fellow****s each. The late Don Brunelle was one branch leader, and Blair Allen was the other.

• 1 year later...

This forum is a bit old, but maybe somebody is still out there. I think I was in Family 10. We began as F8 but spent 3 years in the field instead of 1. Our first year was 1981-82 and then we were back in 1985-86. I was in the 5th grade in 85-86. My older sister was teen corps and went LEAD.

Hi Ploem ~

There are at least 3 of us here who were there (as adults) when you were there in 85-86 (me, Tonto and T-Bone). My oldest son was in 3rd grade when you were there and I knew most of the teens, so probably know you and your sister.

Welcome to the Cafe. Hope to see you around. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jardinero