Texas

Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dooj, are you saying it could beat the livin' cheese out of yah?

I'm saying that this cheesecake WILL MAKE SURE you speak in tongues!!!!

Seriously, I have made cheesecake my specialty - so, I'll make a "menu" and all of you can choose - if you want.

Then it would seem that we could celebrate one of those as well!

C'mon man! Get your priorities in order!

My wife's opinion of TWI is very low. While she was never in. She remembers the calls about wouldn't she want a husband who was a man of God.

I don't think she will want to come. She mat want to visit friends in H town.

So like if you guys are serious, I could plan a party. We could do a doo at my brother's house, who has the awesome back yard. Make it a day long thing? Or a week-end thing? Seems to me if people will travel from Dallas and beyond, we should do something more than just a barbeque. Help! I'm so serious.....

I guess it would depend on how much time and energy you (and your brother) want to invest in this. An all-day, Saturday affair would allow remoter Texans to come in Friday night and leave Sunday. On the other hand, if people would be staying over at least one night, anyway, it might be better to have a late-afternoon/evening do on Saturday and maybe breakfast on Sunday, sending everyone away about noon. (I have a sister-in-law in the Woodlands, so sticking around wouldn't be a problem for Lucy and me.)

George

well... of course, I'll go along with whatever YOU decide! (you're in charge aren't you?) :biglaugh:

I'm thinking we wait until we know how many are coming...

dooj is bringing cheesecake isn't she? ...beer and cheesecake, that takes care of dinner on Saturday... whatever is decided I wouldn't want it to be any more of a burden on you than it's already going to be...

if 'she who must be obeyed' comes I know that she'll want to make some salsa and pico for folks to have with their snacks at least... if you really want to do a cookout kind of thing, you can order fajita meat (chicken and steak) already cut and marinated from Fiesta (or any other Mexican grocery store down there)...

whatever everyone decides is all right by me (but I'd really love it if the dress code was shorts and golf/tee shirts)

We did the fajita thing here for about 40 people once using a little two burner grill... of course it didn't hurt that we rented a margarita machine as well...

we might be able to make an exception for you niKa... (how about that Rhet Bomar?) since you're not too far north... ex10 mentioned sometime in October and really anytime in October or November would probably be fine since the weather is so fair...

umm... hadn't you heard? they decided to cancel Wichita Falls due to lack of interest...

I'll fix meals (Fine Italian fare) if I can get some folks to help me with the food bill. Once we get the number of folks we're talking, I'll post a menu that anyone can supplement - but that will make sure we aren't all standing around looking at ex10 with hunger in our eyes.

I'd guess we need a realistic date and headcount by early Sept.

Edited by doojable

:offtopic:

Oh, Tommystrange, thank you . . . SO very much . . . for mentioning that darling student. All of the talent, and none of the character or judgement. This is not the first time he's been in trouble, but I'm proud of Stoops for getting rid of him. If kids without character are what it takes to win, I'd rather lose with my head up. I'd like to throttle him, and the guy who owned the car dealership that paid him $120 per hour for NOT working. Of course, the guy sold the dealership to somebody else before the story broke, so it was an innocent owner who had to take all of the angry phone calls.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Even if it's the armpit o'Texas, Wichita Falls.

Clicking my heals together is not working today . . ..

:offtopic:

Hey, we'll be happy to swing by and pick up whatever is needed from Sams (don't have the Costco membership), but it's too bad we can't at least get the meat from somewhere in the barbeque belt...after all, the towns of Lockhart, Luling, and Taylor are known as the holy trinity of Texas barbeque. For that matter, there's a place near us that does a dang good brisket. For what it's worth, the second weekend in October is out for us, but the other ones are a possibility.

I can bbq a brisket or 5 -then, we might need to get some help with tater salad, I can make corn bread iffn' you like. It really all depends on how many days we are talking.

We still need a head count.....

Ok, I guess since the food is sorted out kinda, we need to pick a date and then have a show of hands how many people can come.

The first week-end of November is good for us. That's Saturday, Nov. 4th. I'll take care of the place, if you and Tommy can help out with the food, Dooj.

I prefer to do it at someone's house, since it's nice to have a kitchen and bathrooms. We have many choices here. We can do it at my house, or one of my brothers', and some of the people in our fellowship here have said we could use their house. So it will depend on the size of the crowd whose house we use. But that I can figure out when we have a show of hands.

But like I said, the first week-end of November works for us here. And the weather should be tolerable by then.

This will be fun!!!

That would work for me... pretty much any weekend would work for me if we're doing a Saturday afternoon/evening - Sunday morning kind of thing.

And I'll be one (for sure) and 'she who must be obeyed' will be a maybe.

If 'she who must be obeyed' comes there could always be migas w/homemade salsa and tortillas on Sunday morning... or IHOP!

Okay Ex10....I'm serious about your offer. I talked with Mr. Pipes last night. It was just be me a coming. Don't know for sure yet, bet dang I'd love to get to this gathering. I'm gonna' seriously ponder it.

Funny thing (not really though), just an hour prior to your offer I was hiking and thinking about this Texas hodown and I thunk, "Well God, if it's in late October or early November, I bet I could swing it." I hadn't read this thread at that point, just knew ya'll was a brewin' sumthin. And lo and behold...the date is ripe. :biglaugh: But can ya'll Texans handle some eastern southernism???