Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Doojable-

I was in Houston with Mark & Holly 80-81 interim year. Don't remember a whole lot, since I had the WOW family from hell, but do you remember Tom Windham, the painter? I always wondered what became of him. What part of Houston were you in? I still have my Gilley's T-shirt: can't quite make myself get rid of it-I hade to ride the bull to earn it!

I do remember Him. I wonder if he went back to Beaumont - where he was from. it always got me a little that he was so close to home - and he got to continue his art when so many had to give it up.

Bu he was a great guy.

I think I remember you - but I'm not sure since there were soooooo many families from h*ll that year!

Edited by doojable

What side of town were you on? I was Near the Westheimer/ Hillcroft area.

I'm not sure I ever got to Gilley's.

We got robbed TWICE that year - by someone who we tried to get into the Word. We sure exposed ourselves to a lot considering that a lot of us were still quite young. - but I came to Love that city - until I moved away from it....heh heh heh heh heh

Edited by doojable

• 6 months later...

Hello all.

My family and I have just moved to Sherman, TX. It's a small city about 70 miles north of Dallas. We're interested in looking for an ex-TWI fellowship. If anyone can point us in the right direction or supply a contact name of phone number, it wuld be greatly appreciated.

Peace

JerryB

Hey, Dooj--

Would you believe that I just saw your posts from Dec!?! They popped up when Jbarrax posted yesterday. Don't want you to think I was ignoring you-I wasn't!

My family lived near Greenway Plaza inside the loop, on Timmons Lane, between Westheimer and Richmond Ave (I did a Google Earth to refresh my memory-what a kick!).

My WOW sister Tracy and Tom had birthdays on the same day (or maybe a day apart). You might remember a party we threw, where we played a dirty trick on Tracy.

We put Tom's birthday on the calender, and acted like we don't know about hers. We planned a birthday party for Tom at our apartment: ordered a cake for him and decorated the place with blue crepe paper and "Happy Birthday, Tom" signs. We put a lot of planning into making Tom's birthday special, which caused Tracy to develop a slow burn. In a rare move for her, she actually took it graciously and made no outward signs that she was hurt.

The night of the party, Tom showed up (he thought for a meeting), and we surprised him. Sang to him, opened presents, brought out the cake, the whole shebang. Then we got someone to walk Tracy down to the store for something. After filling Tom in on what was going on, we tore down the blue crepe paper and hung up pink, cleared out Tom's cake and brought out the one we had hidden for Tracy, changed the signs to her name, and brought out her presents. When she walked back in, wala-her surprise birthday party!

It worked great, and she was very blessed. There were a lot of other WOW's there: does any of this ring a bell?

Hi Jerry

I live just north of Houston and we have a home group that meets. Wish I could help you, but we are a little far away. However, if you want to private topic me, I might be able to help you a little.

Love to you and yours.

Hi Jerry:

So what brings you to Sherman, TX? I was a WOW there in 1983-1984. Overall I lived there for 1.5 years. We had a small fellowship, but were not able to establish one when I finally left. Nice little city though. You might need to start a fellowship in Sherman yourself. I will see if I still have any contacts for you in Dallas.

Regards,

Mark

Ex10,

We need to have a pancake breakfast together. I have made them from scratch every Sunday morning for years..... whole wheat and real maple syrup too - YUM!

Hi Jerry:

So what brings you to Sherman, TX? I was a WOW there in 1983-1984. Overall I lived there for 1.5 years. We had a small fellowship, but were not able to establish one when I finally left. Nice little city though. You might need to start a fellowship in Sherman yourself. I will see if I still have any contacts for you in Dallas.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark! :) I've accepted a position with a company that started in Sherman and is now located in Denison. We bought a house in Sherman because their high school has a curriculum more suited to my son's interests. We like the people here. They seem quite friendly and the cost of living is not as high as it is in Lexington, KY. Dallas isn't too far of a drive from Sherman. It's only about 75 miles away.

Hi Jerry:

It has been over 20 years since I have lived in Sherman, but I will see what I can dig up for you. In the mean time make new friends and you seem to already have a small fellowship with your family. Plus you are already a good teacher so you should be able to start a fellowship without any problems. Since you will likely have people that have never been involved in TWI join your bible study I would recommend bible study computer software as a teachers aid. This will make lesson plans very quick while giving your fellowship biblical credibility and expertise. Below is a link to the bible study software that I use. We have a weekly fellowship and bible study here in Northern California combining ex-Way and non-Way. Both the non-Way and ex-Way people have generally been very impressed with the bible study software that I use. If I can be of any other help just let me know.

http://www.biblesoft.com/

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Thanks Mark.

I don't intend to start a fellowship. I'm just looking for one to participate in. You are right in saying that my "fellowship" is my family. They are my primary interest these days. They've been attending a church in Lexington and will be looking for a group here. I just figured that since we're starting over, it would be nice to find some folks with whom we can have more in common.

Hey dooj! Yeah, I still want to get up to UNT with my daughter at some point this summer. That would be the perfect time for us to meet. When J went to Dallas, I was just back from Europe, so it didn't work out for me to come along. Three weeks is along time to be gone, and I had too much going on here. Catch up stuff.

But we definitely need some girlfriend time.

Jerry, I pmed you about the group I know about.

you guys can have your "girlfriend time" but don't forget about the rest of us... you could probably carve out a couple of hours for us to meet (at the Flying Saucer?) for a couple of brews and chat... don't you think?

Jerry, I don't know of any fellowships, but T-Bone and Tonto, dooj, andreatheflorist (if she's still around) and others are all around here (DFW) as well...

Hi Tom! I hear there's a fellowship in Dallas. I'll try to get the particulars and see if we can make the next meeting. Looking forward to meeting you all. :) :) :) :) :)

Peace

JerryB

Howdy again, Jerry.

We had an awesome time "fellowshipping" here at my humble abode last night. Wish you and yours could have been here. I know it's a long way for you guys to come, but I just want you to know that you all are welcome here anytime. And we can make space for you to spend the night at "hotel ex10."

Same goes for any of you fellow Texan Greasespotters. We always have lotza good food, and Shiner Bock, of course.

Edited by ex10

Ok we need to plan a TX Greasepotter party!

Maybe we can arrange to all meet somewhere.....there are too many of us to not get together and have some bbq, beer and margaritas!

My house is always available. We don't have a pool, just a hot tub, but, if we need a pool, my brother lives down the street, and has an awesome pool. But no hot tub. Just let me know a date, and it's a happening thing.

The most people we can accomadate is like 50 for dinner, after that we move to brother's. So just let me know, we can totally do it.