Texas

Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope Sudo will join us. But it's an Ole Miss football weekend, and he "lives" for college football and his Rebels. I've invited him and told him I hope he joins us, but I'll let him make up his own mind. But no kiddoes. The girls will both be off at college, and Nathan will have fun that weekend at his cousin's house. In fact, that will be a big treat for him.

Ex10 gave me the link for area accomodations. http//www.woodlandsonline.com. I'll check it out for a place to stay. If anyone needs a roomie, let me know and we'll see what we can work out (hopefully, will be bringing my roomie with me!). I plan to take a shuttle service to and from the airport. If someone else is driving in and knows where they are staying, please let me know if I can a hitch a ride to the festivities with you. I'll even book a room at the same hotel. Thanks.

Suda

So far the guest list is:

Mr. and Mrs. ex10 and asundry family members

Dooj

NiKa

NiKa and ex10's mutual friends

Mr. and Mrs. George St. George

Tom Strange (and hopefully his mom)

Suda

Edited by ex10

hey Suda... tell Sudo he needs to come so that I won't be the oldest one there...

AND (if myseestorEx10 will remind me) I could suggest the hotel I stayed at last year... it was pretty convenient to their house (well, as convenient as it can be) and was a nice, clean place...

Ecks-ten, what was the name of the place I stayed at?

hmmm... it was just south of the road we take to get to your house, there was a big shopping center (actually there were a bunch of them) but there was a big one that had a golf galaxy in it... also a starbucks that we stopped at... there was a restaurant of some kind between it and the freeway (i think)... I'm thinking it was a Fairfield or a Courtyard... something like that...

Tommy, ok I remember which place you stayed, just not the name of it. I'm gonna have to drive over there I reckon, and look at the sign out front. ;)

Dooj and I are spreading the word, cause unless someone has looked at this thread, they probably don't know about the BBQ.

Strange One - The Limerick thread from last year has been resurrected. I figured it was better than starting a new one - I just hope no one gets confused....Also, it kinda keeps a fun sort of timeline - should we make the BBQ's a tradition - regardless of the location.

• 1 month later...

Not to distract from the BBQ, I'd like to mention that the Twentieth Annual "Thank God I'm not a Pig" roast will be held at Quintana Beach Park on Saturday, Oct. 6, from noon to 5 PM. The theme this year is "Underhog." As usual, the music will be provided by the Porkestra (i.e., the Lake Jackson Traditional Jazz Band). Admission is free, though we are accepting donations for the Brazoria County Youth Homes. All Greasespotters should consider themselves welcome, although in practicality only Houston-area folks would likely make it. (Quintana is on the coast, about 55 miles south of Houston.)

Let me know if you'd like directions!

George

• 3 weeks later...

That, or a bikini! :dance:

Seriously, here's how to get there:

Take SH 288 south from Houston.

Go all the way through Lake Jackson, Clute, and Freeport until 288 merges with SH 36.

Continue on 36 (east) until it ends at FM 1495.

Turn right, and follow 1495 over a big bridge.

At the end of the bridge is CR 723. Turn left, and go until it ends.

Turn right, and you're there.

We have the Quintana and Bryan Pavilions reserved.

If someone is actually manning the entrance gate, tell him you're there for the Pig Roast and you won't have to pay.

In case of rain, the roast will be at Richwood Park (covered pavilion):

Take 288 S to Lake Jackson.

Take the first exit (FM 2004). Turn Left.

Continue on 2004 until you cross RR tracks.

At the next light (Oyster Creek Dr.), turn right.

At the second street (Wisteria), turn left.

At the stop sign, turn right. Polk Elementary will be on your right, and the park on your left.

George