Texas

Goey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I guess it's a go for the first week-end of November. Our fellowship here met last night, and even though not everybody posts at GS, they are into helping out by hosting the doo at their home, (possibly) helping with food and cooking, whatever. They are a great bunch! I knew I could count on them to help.

But we really do need a head count first off, so we can start planning.

So if anybody besides Pipes wants to fly in and needs a place to stay or a ride from the airport, (Bush Intercontinental is on our side of town) we have plenty of resources. Anybody who needs help figuring out the logistics can pm me.

A good time will be had by all, I guarandangtee! :dance:

That would be a riot if you came, DMiller ! Bring your guitar, mandolin, etc., and I'll bring my bass - of course you're gonna hafta teach me how to play it - I hadn't played it in over 20 years...Just kiddin' - about bringing my bass - but not kiddin' about wanting you to come to the party. :dance:

Now we're talking! Let's party. Hey T-Bone - you think we Yankees can show these here "Suthners" a thing or two about partying?

I'm sure we will all have an education on partying....Yeeee ha!

Hmmmm. Tis tempting. If I did come, I could bring some Lutefisk.

But I garown-dang-tee ya, I would NEVER be invited back if I did!

:biglaugh:

From Mapquest ~~~

Total Est. Time: 20 hours, 48 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1381.33 miles

Edited by dmiller

Found this on priceline.com --

Duluth, MN (DLH) → Houston, TX (IAH)

1 Stop Connects in Minneapolis, MN (MSP)

Departing ··· Friday, Nov 3 at 5:25am

Arriving ··· Friday, Nov 3 at 10:10am

Trip Duration ··· 4h 45m

The cheapest airfare cost (round trip ticket) is 590 bucks.

With the new restrictions on liquids, I wouldn't be able to pack a thermos of coffee! :realmad:

The car gets 30 + mpg, and at 1381 (+) miles, that's about 46 gallons needed one way.

At $3.00 per gallon (thereabouts), it would cost around $138.00 one way, $276.00 both ways.

I'm thinking $300.00 tops -- but am leaving room for higher prices.

The main attraction to the flying -- is the amount of time involved.

But -- I don't like flying, and I do love driving and seeing the countryside.

(Any countryside there in Texas worth seeing??)

So -- it would cost me 1/2 as much to drive, though spending more time traveling.

Plus the wear and tear on the mobile, but then again it wasn't made to be parked. :)

20 hours of driving is really nothing (to me), and even if prices were $3.50 per, that would be $161.00 one way, and cheaper than flying (which I hate to do anyway).

But thanks for the suggestion!

cool dave... I enjoy driving as well... although all that you're going to see between there and Houston is flat land... besides all you have to do it take I-35 south and then take I-45 south out of Dallas...

ex10 is on the far north side of Houston so you won't have to mess with their traffic much... if you're coming through Dallas at the right time, you can stay overnight here... there are others on the way as well (Topeka, Oklahoma City) that might let you park your car at their house for a few hours...

Time: 18 hours, 20 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 1145.97 miles

This is what it would be if I drove.......

$ 212.10 RT if flying...I am still pondering......

So T-Bone, this means you and Tonto will be here? Yes? I would so love to meet you guys in person. :wub:

Dah feelin' is moochull :wub: Ex10 - we're planning on being there! [and Dooj - I hope there won't be a cover charge for Yankees].

...but you live here now T and you got here as fast as you could didn't you?

Yup ! I think I always wanted to go west - maybe something subliminally planted in my head growing up watching The Rifleman, Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, etc....I thought I would be sent westward when I went W.O.W.. ...Ha - I got sent to D.C. - but that's where I met the most gorgeous native Texan in all the world - Tonto !!!!!!!!!!!!! Her dad explained to me the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee [of which I fell into the latter category]. A Yankee is someone from up north that may come down to visit - a damn Yankee is one that stays down here. :evilshades:

Edited by T-Bone

Awww Ex, we're looking forward to meeting you too. :love3: Let me know what I can do/bring. And David and Strange One and everyone else...it will be so good to finally meet you all. Ex, I haven't had a chance to check Trip Adviser yet for hotels in the Woodlands...any recommendations?

I think we need to call this

Weenie Roast - Part Deux Y'all"

I'd like to fit "BBQ" in there - but I don't know how to fix the wrong of the past - BBQ is better than weenies anyday! (Food that is..)