GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas

Goey

OK, for those of you who haven't read all of this conversation, here' s the details on our TX Barbeque. (That I know so far.)

It will happen on the first week-end of November. That Saturday is Novemeber 4th. It will be in The Woodlands, TX, just North of Houston right off I-45. I was thinking of starting around 1 o'clock or so on Saturday, and just going til whenever. We will probably plan a brunch or something on Sunday morning for those who spent the night and are still around. Everyone is welcome, whether you are a Texan, non-Texan, or wannabe Texan. :spy:

Tom Strange and Dooj are in charge of food. So in order to plan properly and make sure our food is covered, we need to have a head count by October 10th or so I think. Dooj, I guess you two need to figure out how you want to organize the food.

If anyone is coming here from out of town, especially if you are flying in, I can organize rides from the airport and all that, but of course, that all needs to be planned ahead of time. If anybody wants to come in on Friday night, November 3rd, we'll be here. Whoever doesn't want a hotel bill, and wants to stay at either my house, or someone else's, let me know, and that can be arranged as well.

I know it's still a couple of months off, but we wanted to give people enough time to plan ahead, and the weather will be tolerable for outdoor activities by then.

It will be lotza fun, and a good time will be had by all, I'm absolutly sure. :dance:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

By definition, barbequing is

The only thing you use a dictionary for at a BBQ is to light the fire.

What ever makes it over the fire is BBQ.

Mt preferances are in this order

1 Beef

2 Venison

3 Cabrito

4 Rabit

5 Dove

6 Quail

7 Fish

8 Pork

I will bring a goat if you have a place to get gut it. I checked this morning and the going cost for a kid is between $50 and $60. I will do everything if your garbage will handle it and your neigbors don't mind a 22 shoot.

Hey ex70's, thanks for the offer. I've never had cabrito before. I don't know if butchering it in the back yard will work though. Our yard is pretty small and mostly taken up by the deck and hot tub, so it could be a challenge. And then I have no idea what we'd do with the uh, trash. But I'll check with my husband, and see what he thinks.

Too bad we don't have a couple acres in the country, then it would be no big deal. One of the guys in our fellowship offered to roast a pig at his house. But he has the same problem we do. Small subdivision lot with not alot of room, and what back yard there is, is mostly deck and pool.

We'll have to think on it, and see if it can be done.

OK here's the deal I'll be in Spokane WA from the 30th of October to the 17 th of November. Just talked to my girlfriend she will keep CAte (my cat) for the weekend So I can come. If any one wants an Alaskan for a house guest from sometime Friday November 3rd to Sometime Sunday November 5th and will come to Houston to collect me and send me back Let me know ASAP ANd I will get me some tickets

So far the attendance list looks like this ---

Ex10

Ex70's

Ca-dreaming (maybe)

Tom Strange (and maybe *she who must be obeyed*)

George St.George (and wife a maybe)

Tonto

T-Bone

Doojable

I Love Bagpipes

Goey

dmiller (maybe)

Belle (maybe)

Sudo (maybe)

Suda (better than maybe)

and now TempleLady.

I'm putting in my request for time off. I may not get it, but dang !!!

This looks too good to pass up! ;)

Edited by dmiller

to Dooj add - the dooj family (mr and 2 girls)

Oh, and RumRunner says he's trying to work out some details - we have a cheesecake contest going if he comes. And Tom - Rummy would like to help with the food - you OK with that?

Then we need to know how many there are that are already in Houston - Ex10 help us out with that - we know there's your hubby and at least one of you kiddos - who else? Or at least a headcount.

Edited by doojable

OK it;'s a done deal

here is my Itinerary

Sat 4-Nov-06

Spokane (GEG)

Depart 6:25 am to Denver (DEN)

Arrive 9:28 am

UA United

Flight: 768

Denver (DEN)

Depart 10:45 am to Houston (IAH)

Arrive 1:57 pm

Terminal A

UA United

Flight: 1184

Sun 5-Nov-06

Houston (IAH)

Depart 5:18 pm

Terminal A to Denver (DEN)

Arrive 6:48

UA United

Flight: 203

Denver (DEN)

Depart 8:27 pm to Spokane (GEG)

Arrive 9:43 pm

UA United

Flight: 439

Edited by templelady

Hey cool, Mo!!! Now you'll have to email me a picture, so I know who I'm picking up at the airport. I spose I could just stand in baggage claim with a sign that says, "MO." :)

Dooj, there will probably be at least a dozen of us from here in attendance, including moi and husband.

OK it;'s a done deal

here is my Itinerary...

I'm looking forward to meeting you, TempleLady! Pay no attention to that Permit Clerk 1007 yammering about all the permit forms you have to fill out - in Texas we do things our way!

Edited by T-Bone

Sorry to report that Permit Clerk 1007 is housed somewhere at CIA expense

It is suspected that Cicada operatives with thier high pitched chirping, triggered a rash of suicide jellyfish which in turn led to hysteria among members of the ray family. The department in charge of monitoring ASLT (Attacking Sea Life Terrorrists) has been on red alert since the unfortunate events of last Monday in Australia. Apparently our unfortuante clerk failed to fill out form 345/j3/456/c/1/a in trplicate the third copy being the one that would have been sent to the agent in charge of CSI (Cicada Sound Inversion).

Ok - so counting the dozen or so from Houston (and RumRunner) we are up to about 32 - assuming that everyone comes that is a maybe. (Hey I'm and optimist!)

Hopefully by early to mid-October we will have a good headcount so that we can really begin planning some food. Also - give us a good estimation of when you are arriving and leaving - so that we can know how many are there for each meal.

Too exciting!

Tom - we need to PM each other and plan some food. I'm assuming that yu have no problem with RumRunner and I having a friendly cheesecake competition - we all win that one!

Besides.... we all know I'm gonna win! - the competition is really a formality.

(Dooj ducks as Rummy aims his spatula!)

Edited by doojable

Hey guys, is it BBQ or Italian? If you want me to order some smoked briskets I can bring three...which should feed around thirty. If it's Italian, I can't compete with dooj's cooking but I could bring a couple of pans of my spinach lasagne...then we could call it a pasta-off.