GreaseSpot Cafe

OHIO

wasway

Well, for us Columbus folks, Columbus has made nationwide news!

Here we go, get ready. Columbus is now the No. 3 city in the Nation - in having the most drunks. We are only behind Milwaukee, and I forget the other city - it too is in the midwest. Can't wait for the buckeye tailgate parties to rev up again shortly. :)

Just thought I'd share!

The area we live in was a dry until the past year or so. Folks in these parts knew the closest state agency liquor store, or place that sold beer. I think a business on the outskirts of such an advantage would be a wise one, until the area lifts the ban on dry. Ain't that the way of free enterprise.

Because beer (for the greater part) could be served it brought a new look to our downtown, which is quite small and brick and wonderful. It brought pubs and artsy kind of shops in also. And they just merged in and found open buildings anywhere they could. I actually think it's a wonderful addition. And we are pretty anal about downtown. A local chain pharmacy (the best of two here) wanted to move from just outside that boundary to inside of it and it became a big ole deal. Finally allowed they had to retain a portion of the church that sat where they do now and blend it into the look of the store. It is very nice, I love going there to get my freaking drugs. :blink:

People in this area don't have some of the same distractions as others do. And we are a service rich area, that whole scene entails drinks after hours.

• 2 months later...

Cool!

There's alot of you fellow buckeye people out there! Is there anyone from Cinci out there?

And yes, we should party it up!!! :dance::dance:

• 1 month later...

It was just horrible. It was like a 3 minute man. They gave it an honest attempt upfront then just lost it. And the coach is part to blame, no question. I just couldn't stay up and watch it any longer, but then I kept waking up and worrying until I finally checked the final score around 3am or there about.

And hi sweet girl, we never ever chat anymore do we!