GreaseSpot Cafe

OHIO

wasway

One reason is the industry hubby is in has bottomed out here and he can now make better money in Florida than he can here which was the opposite when we left that state (he is flooring contractor).

Another is both our mothers need us closer now as we cannot help them from here like we desire to.

Those are the main reasons but there were other things factored into my desire to leave yet some of those no longer exists for me but regardless it is the best for us to go back home now.

I still live in the heart of Ohio, not Columbus, which is actually not the exact geographic center of the state.

And...I still love the Buckeyes, especially Troy Smith, who tried so hard, and took all the responsibility for the outcome. That young man has come a long, long way. There's more to life than football, after all. (Don't tell my coworkers here at OSUMC I said that!)

WG

I agree. He is a strong young man who loves God, though, and I think he will do well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play professional football for a few years and then go into coaching at a college or even high school level. His two biggest mentors/father figures are both coaches. And he is surprisingly mature for a 23 year old. He has been working on two degrees.

My husband sponsors the FCA at the high school where he teaches and last spring we got invited to a banquet at the Shriners Hall at Easton. Jim Tressel. was a guest, as was Archie Griffin, Craig Krenzel, and a few other Buckeyes. It was way cool to hear testimony from these guys. The college branch is called Athletes in Action.

WG

Anyone between Tipp City and St. Marys / Wapak area that can doggie sit two doggies for me while I house/apartment hunt in mid-February? Know it's a lot to ask. Just trying all options as all the ones down here have failed thus far. Can't afford to board them.

Edited by sogwap51

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any former Cinti branch twits?or am I the only one?! :rolleyes:

Hi, busyMomma

I doubt you are the only one, but there are lots of people who don't know about GSC or don't have access to a computer.

I'm a good 2 1/2 hrs. to your N.E.

Shoot me a PM if you are ever headed for CapCity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lancaster, Ohio here...an hour southeast of Columbus...

I'm tired of hearing about the "Texas BBQ"...maybe we should have an "Ohio corn roast" next summer...I have the perfect place! :) Log cabin out in the country with plenty of land...

That sounds like a splendid idea Groucho!

will there be anything to eat but corn?

maybe I'd try to come... but I gotta warn ya... the closer I get to OH the more the car starts to veer off the road and into a ditch...

will there be anything to eat but corn?

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of food...Maybe I'll grill some of my world famous "Groucho's grilled chicken"...maybe throw some sausage on the grill with it...and of course the side dishes!...and don't forget the fresh Ohio River Valley tomatoes!...Plenty of cold beer, a pit fire going on outside with good music playing...

...sounds like fun to me.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr