Biblefan Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I was born and raised here in Ponca City, OK and was introduced to The Way Ministry probably around 1976 or 1977. At first I thought it was great and enjoyed the fellowship, but then our twig leader moved and we got another one that was extremely rigid. If I was few minutes late to twig I would be chewed out. I lived out in the country and by the time I got off work drove home and cleaned up it was a race to get to meetings on time. I was in the minuteman program and we had to go to these meetings every evening!! We were always getting chewed on for something and the twig leader was always barking how the word of God was sharper than a two edge sword!!! We were literly beat over the head with the word. It took a while to wake up and realize something was wrong with this picture! Thank God I was finally to get out of the Way but it did do some damage. I have tried different churches and none seem to satisfy completely I alway look for error.

Ok looks like this is an old thread. Anybody out there been to Oklahoma twigs, especially in Ponca City, OK?

I went to the rock of ages once in Ohio......that is another story.

Hope to hear from some of you out there.

Take Care

Larry

ofcourse I was in Oklahoma City in 78,great bunch of people (susan b branch leader,dean/wanda r limb

leader,took the pfal class with john r .only new the 28 wows there and I am not at liberty to say any

more about where some are at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in Tulsa when Bob Hanna was there. He was a really great guy. Candace Drane was Corps there as part of a WOW family. As a matter of fact, even though I was just living in Tulsa for the summer, Bob arranged for me to live with that WOW family.

I was back in school that fall, and Dave Duris and his WOW family came to Tulsa. Dave and Scott Kennedy were there.

Dave B

• 1 year later...

I am looking for anyone who was in Oklahoma between 1974 and 1980.

Chris McEwen Here,

I got into the WAY in 74 and took the PFAL class in the spring of 75. Last I heard Fred Goff was moving to Scotland to be closer to Geer and Roger Braker has his own bible fellowship in OKC. The only one I still know from that era (79?) is Steve Jessehp who is very active in his (baptist?) church in Bethany Ok. He is the Youth Music Director. As far as I know he is doing quite well and is very happy, which makes me very happy, as I am the one who introduced him into the WAY, and thus 4 years of hell in the Corps. I lost touch with Edee, but if she ever reads this...."Yo, call me babe ! " LOL

Take Care

Chris PFAL 75

• 2 weeks later...

Can you belive there in the Bible Belt! We fell for the twisted scripture of The Way International.

Now that I look back I missed alot of chances to know the truth,but loved the people of

The Way (((such heart)))great city. Wrong message taken.

• 8 months later...

Hey Dave. I'm Edee and I was a WOW in stillwater with Pete,Judy,Kevin,Yvonne and Vic in 75.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey There Edee,

Wssup ? We (Dorthy & I ) lost touch with you, please establish contact, maybe moving back to OKC this next May !

PS : Where are you guys now ?

Chris McEwen