GreaseSpot Cafe

does not everybody write down there words of prophecy

God first

Hi All

words of prophecy by Roy William Perry III

------------------------------------------------

Here I Roy William Perry III cry out to my brother Jesus Christ and say unto I recall the loving words of the spirit of Apostel Paul when he said “ I do that which I would not and that I do that I wish not” more or less his loving words.

I find myself in his shoes over and over That which I believe is wrong I end up doing and that which I want to do I keep putting off for another day. O if I just do it and not do the other how better would my life be

It is the spirit of Christ in me guiding me but I need to be a better follower and not a leader of sin For sin is at the door allways temping me to do that which is not just or right within my heart

Sin is the lust of the flesh, that which the flesh does not need but want The young woman for me, the things of this world that man put a value on and I am sure things that I see no wrong in but are wrong

You see I am just a man with the spirit of Christ with the spirit of God in him and then in me by having him in me For I learn day by day hour by hour second by second but the spirit of God knowns all things from the begining and before

How long will I fight against the flesh How long will I do the fleshly things and not do the spiritual things How long will I move within the womb of God as a unborn child

When will that day come when I will put on the new body of incorrible or imoratality The great day of the birth of the seed with was planted many years ago but now I wait in peace

Now my needs are met by God as I live within him and by him but the day will come when I will walk alone side of him For like a baby in the belly of the mother which is feed by the mother and all its needs took care of by the mother I am feed by God which takes care of my every need.

After the baby is born others can help him or her along the way before birth the mother only feed the baby but now others can help in the growth of the child We will grow with God and Jesus Christ and many others until see are all knowing and all loving like our heavenly father God

It is God telling Jesus Christ the words I need to hear as I ask in love with a pure heart to hear the truth in love

------------------------------------------------

with love Roy

Offhand, maybe 60%-65%...that's a rough guesstimate off the top of my head

and not based on any statistics.

No lower than 50% of posters, no more than 70% of posters, I'd say.

The Doctrinal forum tends to draw more Christians, and a few outspoken

agnostics and atheists.

Refiner:

I'd say Wordwolf's estimate is right. There's a lot of people who don't say what their religous beliefs are, and there are quite a few that are still trying to figure it out, not ready to embrace Christianity whole-heartedly, nor willing to stake out the atheist camp.

We've got Christians of all persuasions here, as well as Buddhists, Wiccans, and other religions. Enough agnostics to form a pickup softball game and a handful of atheists.

AS JF said: "...as long is there is a mutual respect for each other's beliefs/non-beliefs...

There have been a few here that like to cram their theology or lack there of down your throat, that's when folks get ....ed..."

I go along with that icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And before you say that Agnosticism is the "only logical position to take", have a few conversations with Zixar and some of the other "PhD believers" around here icon_razz.gif:P-->. I disagree with them, but they make me work for it anim-smile.gif

quote:
Do the Christians here get all steamed up if you express lack of belief publicly on the forum?

Not really. I've gotten that way myself a time or two, and then the next day I turned around and apologized. Too many "belief" systems going on here, so I think everyone (with a few exceptions) understands that their's is not the only boat afloat. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I automatically assumed that the vast majority of posters here would be none believers and too angry at the notion of God to continue having faith, having had a bad experience with Christianity.

I must admit Im surprised.

Ahhh, well, live and learn.

Refiner,

Where is the logic in rejecting the idea of God or Christianity altogether because of a bad experience in a cult that misrepresented them?

The Way represents neither God nor Christianity.

Why be angry at the notion of God because of the actions of people who don't even speak for him?

quote:
I automatically assumed that the vast majority of posters here would be none believers and too angry at the notion of God to continue having faith, having had a bad experience with Christianity.

I must admit Im surprised.

Not the case for the majority of us (but I can only speak for myself). Honest question Refiner -- since when is it God's fault that we have had a "bad experience with Christianity"??

You say you are an agnostic, and that is fine by me, but I remain a believer in God, and all He promises reguardless what man may do to gain their own ends - monetarily or whatever, like so many of us experienced in twi.

Just because a man screwed up, and I happened to listen to him, and believed him - doesn't mean God is at fault. It is not anyone's fault except my own that I took the path I did.

I think (again - speaking my own viewpoint) that more people here are p**sed off at vpw, lcm, etc. than they are at God. If you bought a car that was a "lemon", would you be mad at the guy who sold it to you, or the manufacturer?? My guess is that you would be headed to the car lot where you bought it, and not to the factory where it was made.

Same with this site here. We have all gone thru "stuff" because of twi, and while some have "issues" with God (and that is their right to do so), some (like myself) prefer to lay the blame at the doorstep of a farmhouse in Ohio, rather than at the foot of the throne in Heavan.

Even though I'm an agnostic myself, I don't see how a bad experience with a cult would necessarily turn one off from Christianity or God.

Unless one believes it was somehow God's fault.

I can see being leary of a system that asks unquestioning acceptance or obedience though

Quote: "Where is the logic in rejecting the idea of God or Christianity altogether because of a bad experience in a cult that misrepresented them?"

Well Goey, I'll answer that, Ive been involved in dozens of them, literally.

Interestingly they are all able to have Liftons Criteria of "thought reform" applied to them.

Exceptions might well be the long established churches such as , eg, Lutherans.

I dont know how manipulative such churches are, but every younger movement Ive been involved with, including assorted pentecostal movements, the 3 major sects and all the small, growing new religions, well they are wplves in sheeps clothing, one and all from where I sit.

There seems to be the same horrible results whenever you combine an organizational structure with a totalist belief system.

I cant help but feel that, if there is any spiritual side to things at all, that such structures are employed by darkness masquerading as light.

If there is any God at the top of their 'food chain' it is Satan, not the true God.

Refiner,

You may want to consider what it is about yourself that caused you to be involved with literal dozens of cults. Seems like you sought out religious organizations that would abuse and control you.

Dude, thats way beyond normal.

Goey.

Well I was raised in the JWs from 6 years of age until I left at 24.

So I guess I had no say in that one.

As to the other groups, well I didnt believe any of their doctrines, I was merely experiencing their miliueu and studying their doctrine as reference for the book I was writing.I started writing the book in 1992 and (by prearrangement) stopped attending cults as at January 1, 2001. I wasnt alone in the venture, there were a group of 4 of us involved in the exercize of joining groups.

Its interesting to consider that a large proportion of former Wayfers seem to be still Christian, while the majority of former dubs that I know are virulently non believers in anything.

There must be a reason for that.

Hi exy, its 7 am here and Im just on my morning stint before work.I think that TWI is Christ centered, wheras the dubs is focused upon Yahweh as a seperate character from Christ. Yahwehs a very ANGRY person.

So dubs are reared on a view of God that is far away from the view of God that many posters here would hold.