GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you think of Mikeology?

Yes.

I do have one question though Mike.

Apparently, according to the voting, 2/3 of posters think you are at least partially right in your assertions, yet the only people who respond to you in these threads appear to be the minority who are critical of you and wish to scoff and mock.

Why do you think it is that those who partially agree with you remain so silent?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, refi, I see what you are saying but you must realize that GSC and Waydale before that, had plenty of bluster long before mike appeared on the scene. I have been on these boards since 98 and there are those who precede me and the "Mikes" have come and gone before him, over a dozen, i am sure...

so he certainly agrees with your indispensable sentiment but he is just the latest, and perhaps, most long-winded in a whole string of would-be prophets and know-it-alls that have graced x-way boards. i am sure you have seen the same with your ex-dub boards. Every group has some self-appointed saviour of the one true faith, doncha know??

Refi: you must understand that there's no such thing as "partially agreeing" with Mike.

By your standard, I "partially agree" with Mike, because I think there's some useful stuff in PFAL.

But the reality is that Mike is completely sold out to PFAL, considers it more authoritative than the Bible, thinks the ground shook where VPW walked, and thinks Jesus will come back to earth teaching out of a PFAL book.

I utterly reject that nonsense. Most of us see PFAL for what it is, and appreciate it as such. Mike's idolatry doesn't detract from PFAL's value.

So, to borrow a phrase from Alice Krige: you imagine a duality where none exists. The people who "partially agree" with Mike ARE the people who are speaking up against his sycophantic misogynistic idolatry. You ask why they don't post when, in fact, those are pretty much the only ones posting on Mike's threads.

Refiner,

I think the silent ones are silent for a number of reasons, but the largest may likely be that they are not skilled in typing. Without that skill, engaging in the ferocity of the debates here is pretty difficult.

Another reason for silence is that no one wants to be subject to the same wrath I have volunteered for. It took a lot for me to accept this job, because I knew from several years of silent reading myself what I’d be subjected to. I volunteered because I saw that the ones who went before me had much less ammunition. I felt that because I was given so many answers, it was my duty to speak up for the cause and the others who were given less.

As far as totally agreeing with me, there are only a few I am aware of, then a few more who are pretty darn close.

While at work it dawned on me that I didn’t communicate my intention very well in my response to your earlier post of congratulations to me.

The “thank you” part went well, but I should have also said something more like: I can’t take credit for having such a strong character deserving of your congratulations. When given the luxury of truth that fits so well, I can relax with God, knowing I am right in spite of the opposition. I think that better communicates what I wanted to say.

Then there are two other points I totally forgot to mention: that I really love the people here, even the ones who pile-up on me, and I had in previous years and decades often felt the exact same feelings they express here.

I haven’t paid attention to Mike since his mirror thread. I just popped in out of curiosity, to see what kind of support or agreement Mike has managed to drum up. Looks like he still stands alone, except for the people he sees in those mirrors. As I recall, those people had left and right mixed up, but at least they still knew up from down.

My answer to “what do you think of Mikeology” is, “I don’t." I do, however, have an observation that I think is relevant to Mike’s “truth that fits so well.”

I have a tree branch that fits very well into a juice glass. All I had to do was to run it through a chipper, put the chips into a large trash can, and call the trash can a juice glass. It was thrilling to see how well it fit, even better than a hand in a glove!

As much as some of us "sharpen our doctrinal wits" against Mike, the Doctrinal Forum, although a less trafficked place than say "About The Way" is by no means a "dungeon", or a barren wasteland.

The Doctrinal Forum has been the site of debates about the Trinity, Predestination, various Way doctrines and critiques of the collaterals. I've always thought it was a fun place to come and play. Of course threads with titles like "Just For Fun Do You Think That Flying Whales Live Outside The Firmament" pop up from time to time.

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

I've always thought it was a fun place to come and play. Of course threads with titles like "_Just For Fun Do You Think That Flying Whales Live Outside The Firmament"_ pop up from time to time.

Darn, I missed that thread, but I did recently behold a whale falling from outer space in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"....

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Refi: you must understand that there's no such thing as "partially agreeing" with Mike.

By your standard, I "partially agree" with Mike, because I think there's some useful stuff in PFAL.

But the reality is that Mike is completely sold out to PFAL, considers it more authoritative than the Bible, thinks the ground shook where VPW walked, and thinks Jesus will come back to earth teaching out of a PFAL book.

I utterly reject that nonsense. Most of us see PFAL for what it is, and appreciate it as such. Mike's idolatry doesn't detract from PFAL's value.

So, to borrow a phrase from Alice Krige: you imagine a duality where none exists. The people who "partially agree" with Mike ARE the people who are speaking up against his sycophantic misogynistic idolatry. You ask why they don't post when, in fact, those are pretty much the only ones posting on Mike's threads.

Ditto.

Please keep in mind that I can find some of its contents to be correct and of value,

some of it misunderstood by the author and mangled, and some of it just completely

out of the ballpark and STILL think it has merits on SOME points. Doesn't mean I

think it replaced the Bible (which isn't what it says), or that I "partially" agree

that God "partially" designed it or it "partially" replaced the Bible.

I think some of it has merit, yet Mike would probably claim I'm one of his more

persistent dissenters. (And vice versa.)

quote:
I think the silent ones are silent for a number of reasons, but the largest may likely be that they are not skilled in typing. Without that skill, engaging in the ferocity of the debates here is pretty difficult.

Sooooooooooo....what you're saying is some of the people who actually agree with your load of fertilizer aren't bright enough to operate a keyboard??? icon_eek.gif Oh yeah...I'd want those folks backing me up! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

And...

quote:
Another reason for silence is that no one wants to be subject to the same wrath I have volunteered for. It took a lot for me to accept this job, because I knew from several years of silent reading myself what I’d be subjected to. I volunteered because I saw that the ones who went before me had much less ammunition. I felt that because I was given so many answers, it was my duty to speak up for the cause and the others who were given less.

(Hears violins playing) Gosh Mikey...I didn't know they offered a purple heart for having to shovel all that fertilizer!!! There's a horse farm two doors down from me, ya think I could get one too???

GAG!!! icon_razz.gif:P-->

Mike said:

quote:
I can’t take credit for having such a strong character deserving of your congratulations. When given the luxury of truth that fits so well, I can relax with God, knowing I am right in spite of the opposition.
Well... I don't think veepee or Loy could have said it any better... and look where it got them!

Well now! there's ONE person who checked "I agree completely with Mike"... so now we know that Mike has voted!

Originally posted by Mike:

quote:
def59,

On Oakspear’s poll thread you wrote: “So far 30 out of 32 people (93.75 percent) disagree with you.”

I remember a Bible story where there were 400 false prophets disagreeing with one accurate one. That’s 400 out of 401 (99.7 percent) that disagreed with him. But God was on the side of the 0.3 percent and that makes it a majority.

Plus, as I pointed out above, non-registered lurkers cannot vote.

Plus, there are lots of grads who never EVER come here.

Plus, in the future, the percent figures will change radically as more people discover the wonderful Godly treasures inside the books and magazine articles awaiting them.

A majority of Christians rejected Charles Taze Russell.

A majority of Christians rejected The Prophet Joseph Smith.

A majority of Christians reject Papal Infallibility.

A majority of Christians rejected gnosticism.

A majority of Christians reject Rev. Moon.

A majority of Christians rejected the Branch Davidians.

The level of acceptance of a doctrine is no guarantee of that doctrine's accuracy.

The level of rejection of a doctrine is no guarantee of that doctrine's accuracy.

You and God would make a majority, if only you would listen to Him. Too bad you continue to refuse.