GreaseSpot Cafe

How does God work in us ?

God first

Hi cowgirl

I been looking at this post waiting to see what others would say since I have no scripture for it

How God works in us?

Some times its a smile when another (believer or unbeliever) is down in out

Some times its a feeling to help some one in need of something that means nothing to us

example -----changeing a tire, buy-ing a meal and many more little things

I know some have paid for my lunch or gave me at meal at the house and I was down and out with no food at the house or money and they did not know my need but I had been a loving friend to them

Its the little things we as believers would do for anybody and that what changes a heart from hurt to love

When you kept on loving the unloveable no matter what they say or do its gets harder for them to hate you

Look at Jesus Christ we love unto his death and if you read about the writtens "The Report of Pontius Pilate" or "Letters of Herod and Pilate, connecting Roman History with the Death of Christ of Jerusalem ( Letter of Herod to Pilate the Governor and Herod to Pontius Pilate the Governor of Jerusalem)"

These man had change there out look soon after what they did

Love is what changes other whether it be a thank you or a God bless you

Being Godly people love is our way of life and that love is what works in others and his love is what gets us to live love

This is the best I can do hope it helps

with love Roy

Its a still small voice within. For me, its a thought, an idea.

In life threatening situations, its usually a strong idea to do something and stays with me during the day. For example, one morning I woke up and had an idea to go to a certain store after work which I never go to, or if I do, its on a weekend. But the idea kept popping up all day. On my way home after work, I thought, what the heck, let's go - as it was quite out of my way.

When I got home, while I was away, 2 men had broken into my home during the time I was away (a neighbor witnessed it). I still thank God, I was not there when they did and had just had an "idea" to to something I never, ever do on a Monday evening.

Same with spiritual knowledge. It begins with an idea, a what if... I muse and think about it, it starts to form, I research it, read about it, etc. After years of Waybrain, I have learned many wonderful things and had much greater spiritual insight I never would have had, much less been open to if I had still been with TWI, or been unwilling to look at anything unless VP had taught it.

Its ideas, thoughts, impressions the Holy Spirit communicates to humans. How that's done - I have no clue.

Sunesis

I am afraid to write after such a wonderful and beautiful post that describes our life in the spirit .

but I will give it a go anywyas.

it is an us thing the spirit . a bloodline that runs deep and heavy within my soul . it is in others we are the body of Christ who is the head .

I was hurt emotionly very deep and didnt even know it when I lost my job last year. I have a new job and this is how I got it , honest story I saw a barn in the middle of the winter , driving around after praying for a job for three months , I had just been told the position has been filled at another place and was all dressed for success in heels and suit .

I stopped at the barn wlaked across a field with snow in my heels and suit opened a garage door in the back of the barn and walked in this barn to see a strange fat man got in his face and point blank asked him for a job .

what the hell ? Im reading it and cant believe I did this but it is how it happened .. he said nothing but pointed to a very young high strung man sitting in an office in the loft of this barn .

I climbed over tress and hay and tools and god knows what to go to this office and was about three feet away when this obnoxious man came out and said what the hell are you doing?

I said "you need to give me a job".

he did .

it isnt a dream come true job in fact for the most part this job sucks more than the average job.

the high strung dude that asked me what the hell I was doing is increasingly more obnoxious every day in fact.

I am feeling stronger every day I am getting healed of so much pain that had no voice yet screamed inside me everyday.

I learned to trust others again , I learned to trust myself again , but most of all I learned to trust God again.

I may move on soon ya know this was not exactly the wise career choice in life. yet somehow we all know God is in this , me desperate to work, him so silent only able to point me in the direction I should go .. another him that couldnt say no.

and their has been others including the realization of what went wrong in my life and the chance to do it right this time and I did and I got healed from the guilt and pain of the past .

it has been something .

it has been God working in all of us to see life through His eyes of trusting and loving Him and one another.

Having free will means we can change our minds!

It deinitely is an us thing. I remember what we used to call "The Great Principle" - but I believe that this one is correct. I'll have to paraphrase because I'm not certain I can quote it perfectly: God's spirit teaches His creation in you (which is now your unique spirit)and your spirit teaches your mind.

There have been many times when I've been pondering a difficult situation. You know the kind of thing that absorbs all of you thinking...it's always there...under the surface. Then, I remember something...the piece that finishes the puzzle. It was something I knew but forgot about...and "all of a sudden" it pops into the front of my mind.

You guys have got this pretty darned good! How nice!

I'm learning that when the bible says he gives us the desires of our heart, it doesn't mean he's a sugar daddy...it means that the desires of our heart become what he puts there. It's something along the lines of the new man.

My hubs says I get obsessed about things until they get done or I obey or things change. I used to think that was bad...a personality flaw. But I was almost always right. How could it have been bad? Now I'm learning that it's that quickening spirit working in me. (Of course, I had myself checked out for OCD, too. icon_wink.gif;)--> )

The spirit also works with me in dreams and visions. I am almost always prepared for the death of a friend or family member. I "see" (in my mind's eye) things that have happened or are going to happen.

It's all very personal...you know what motivates you...so you know how the spirit works within you. icon_smile.gif:)-->

it is very personal .

I may know very well Im learning a big lesson or able to be healed in an interaction but that does not mean i know my spirit is working with another in another area.

it takes trust and faith and endurance and courage to expect such a life.

hi cowgirl,

I read your post, and here goes...God works in us, to will(want to) and do(then WE do) His good pleasure. Phillipians 2:13

If you read the preceeding verse, it says to work out your own salvation, with fear, and trembling. This was rarely addressed, or ignored in Our Gang, but It's in there, and it means just that. Oz impied that if you dont obey, you die, and that is the truth.

We have the free will to obey God or sin. The soul that sins shall surely die. If you love God, keep His commandments. When you read Love in the Bible, you can replace them with Keep His Commandments, they are interchangable.

So, if you have a mind to obey, and do what God says, He WILL work in you to help you want and do, His good pleasure.

To find out what God's will and good pleasure are, read The 10 Commandments. They havent changed, in any 'administration' Look neither to the right nor left, but keep your eyes on My LAW...that is how it really reads...If you dont do those things, you are sinning, He made it really easy for us, and His Commandments are not grievous.

Rachel

quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl:

I've heard this saying "God works in us and can work in someone to change their heart or mind." I have wondered about this for a little while. How does he work in us and if he does what about freedom of will, can anyone explain ?

Cowgirl

Cowgirl Am I reading your question wrong I thought you were asking if God works in someone to do something doesn't that violate freedom of will? Since he is instigating the change. Was that your question? not how He works in someone ie: how it happens.