GreaseSpot Cafe

Smiley Central

wyteduv58

icon_frown.gif:(--> Can somebody tell me step by step how to put smileys from smily central into my posts

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> Gotta be easy enough for a first grader to read and understand. icon_confused.gif:confused:--> anim-smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

thanks for the help ahead of time and thaks to WhiteDove for showing me how to paste smiley onto my e-mail. Dovey

• 2 weeks later...

Um, here on the GSC....

You hit "new post" or "reply".

While the window is open, the first menu item right above the box

you type in is a smiley-face. Click on it once for the smiley menu.

Click on any smiley in the menu to add it to your post where the

cursor now rests.

Hi Steve, How can you tell its coming from me? I do send e-mails to you once in a while but its not from me its from wytedove44. If I do have a virus how can I find it and get rid of it. I ran Norton anti-virus last night and it show 6 threats and I had them delete all of them. Thanks for you reply Love Dovey

Well, it might not be. I received an email from someone named Myrna who said she received an email virus from me.

As far as I can tell, among the several people who's email addresses are involved, you are a common denominator. There may be someone else that is also a common denominator, I'm not sure. I'll keep looking.

dovey...

I have many, many emoticons available.

Peruse around in these areas:

feyaurora.com/images/emoticonsabcde

feyaurora.com/images/emoticonsfghij

feyaurora.com/images/emoticonsklmno

feyaurora.com/images/emoticonspqrst

feyaurora.com/images/emoticonuvwxyz

Also, if you find a smiley you want, let me know and I'll grab it for you.

And...some of your emails have been stopped by my virus scanner...and some have slipped by but had something in them...and I've experienced getting email responses from myself...with the only commonality in any of these things being your address...so I've had to block your address from coming through. Sorry. Anyway, just post here or in a PT if you see a smiley you want.

I'm so sorry CW I have used norto anti virus w/liveupdate and symantic(I think thats how its speeled and got ridof every threat or virus that they showed. Which is why I haven't used my e-mail but i talked to WhiteDove today and he thinks I got it all cuz I e-mailed him once after I found out that I had a virus (is that anything like " I never knew Fifi had fleas til one landed on me) lol anyway I 'm pretty sur its ok now cuz people are e-mailinf me and have reported no trouble. Thank you for the links to the smilies, I will use then, also norton virus showed nothing wrong with smilie central. Love and XXXXX Dovey icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

If you guys are getting emails with viruses from Dovie then they are more than likely not coming from dovie. Most of the viruses go to someone's address list and randomly pick a FROM and a TO person.

That said, Dovie they are correct about these sites they download stuff called spyware. I will try to put a list together of programs that are free that fight this. In fact check the threads in this forum for info.

CW has been collecting smilies for as long as I have known her, I am sure you will find many great smilies in her collection.

That's just it, pawtucket, the emails were coming from people on Dovie's email address list, NOT from Dovie herself.

Someone was getting emails "from" me, I was getting emails "from" dobbyisfree@hotmail.com, and there was a third person, I forget who, that was getting emails from someone else on her list. I figured it out when I get an email from someone on her list telling me that I had sent her a virus. She has a distinctive email address, and I remembered seeing it on one of the pleasant emails that Dovie sends out.

Dovie,

As Pawtucket has said, it's probably not coming from you...

But the way you send out your emails gives many people everybody's email address...

So if one of those people gets a virus in their system from a completely different group than yours, then everybody in your group gets it, too.

The best way to avoid this is to put your own email address in the "To" line and put everybody else's in the "BCC" line.

This way nobody gets anybody else's email address in their system...

So nobody can accidentally pass a virus around the group.

a good "spyware" killer is the AdAware program. the main one is free the adaware plus, which keeps the spyware from entering in the first place costs you something. but i think that the adaware does have a feature that you can set to where it removes the spyware when you start your computer. otherwise just run it manually every so often.

• 11 years later...