GreaseSpot Cafe

How do YOU do the first commandment?

Schwaigers

Darrell..

Nice post. TWI never bragged much on Jesus, so nowadays I always enjoy reading about how wonderful he was / is. Thanks for that.

But, I still think your examples meet the requirements of the second commandment, not the first. There has to be a difference.

You say that if and when we care for the things and people that are in fact God's things and people, then this is how we love God. To me, that's like saying when I babysit for my sister's kids, that's how I love my sister. OK - well, that's a piece of how I love my sister, but it's way bigger than that.

I maintain that the essence of loving God is the recognition of God in Christ in you. And consequently, of loving and trusting yourself, which then fuels and drives your love toward others.

It's about going with your intuition, something TWI tried to destroy. -Pat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwaigers,

You wrote: "TWI never bragged much on Jesus..."

This was the case in the verbal tradition that evolved in the ministry, HOWEVER the contents of Dr's books reveal a completely different story. I invite you to see the glorification of The Lord Jesus Christ that is magnificently presented in book and magazine form by Dr. Wierwille, which we all missed. We paid great heed to the verbal tradition and sorely neglected the written materials God worked for our benefit. This is why Dr told us often to master the books. Our deaf ears to his pleas was our downfall and the ROOT cause of our captivity.

Mike,

quote:
The adversary thought it was such an important teaching that he hid it from 99% of all nonCorps grads, and a very large percentage of the leadership.
I guess you saw him hide it - eh? - icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

That's real good thinking there Mike. I guess anything that is obsure or "lost" must have been hidden by the devil - eh?

Now I wonder what ever happend to VPW's "first" teaching? - If the "last" one is so important then the "first" one ought to be paramount!

I wonder where the adversary hid that one?

Goey

"Most of my fondest memories in TWI never really happened"

Goey,

On the face of what I posted, you?re correct in saying there?s no proof there.

The proof I saw in it?s hiding by the adversary lies in the myriad of flimsy excuses I saw every leader use to ignore this teaching who DID know about it.

Every single clergy, no matter what splinter group they ended up in (including the stump), had some idiotic idea that they should ignore this teaching. They all were at each others throats in many other things, but they all agreed in these two things: to not obey it and to not effectively pass it on. They all arrived at these two conclusions from many different, and disparate positions, all devilish.

Yes, in effect, I saw him hide it.