GreaseSpot Cafe

Advice we wish we'd listened to while in TWI

and my wonderful family that asked me to come home for thanksgiving (no I was at xxrd in Business), come home for a birthday party, father's day (ha had twig), for sunday dinner (ha had a "must do" event of some kind or another).

And now today I don't know my nephews and neices. Hardly recognize my brothers and sister, and my parents have died.

Hope you guys "lurking and reading" take heed and check out your family while you still have them.

Ignoring your family isn't "putting God first," it's being incredibly bonehead stupid -- your family is the "hide not yourself from your own flesh" God commands. It's the "honor your parents" (while you have them around to honor).

If the Lord really calls you to go to India or Zimbabwe, that's another story, but sacrificing your own life and your own family to validate a self-serving bunch is not wise.

Listen to the Holy Spirit. He has nothing to hide! And He won't lead you astray!

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

"and my wonderful family that asked me to come home for thanksgiving (no I was at xxrd in Business), come home for a birthday party, father's day (ha had twig), for sunday dinner (ha had a "must do" event of some kind or another).

And now today I don't know my nephews and neices. Hardly recognize my brothers and sister, and my parents have died.

Hope you guys "lurking and reading" take heed and check out your family while you still have them.

Ignoring your family isn't "putting God first," it's being incredibly bonehead stupid -- your family is the "hide not yourself from your own flesh" God commands. It's the "honor your parents" (while you have them around to honor)." Kit

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great advice...i wish i took it way back when...

If you could have dinner with anyone you choose, who would it be?

For me: My Mom and Dad (both deceased), my wife and children, Jesus Christ. Think about it.

You innies lurking, take heed.

Which will you regret more in coming years? Especially after TWI folds.

Will you regret missing some TWI function more, or will you regret missing your family's events?

C'mon, the TWI stuff is dry and boring and the same from year to year - you can almost write it out verbatim before you even go!