GreaseSpot Cafe

Triple Movie Links Game

Raf

On 4/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, Human without the bean said:

Red Buttons

Sayonara

Ricardo Montalban  I discourage following up with Wrath of Khan

Sorry if I was a buzzkill.  So, after posting this I starting thinking what other movies RM was in (but I couldn't come up with any more) and I went to IMDB and found he was only in about a dozen movies and many of them were done it the 60's and 70's.  Seems the elegant Spaniard was largely a television actor but was highly esteemed for his elegant voice and for Cadillac's "rich Corinthian leather".

The Singing Nun

Katherine Ross

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Sorry if I was a buzzkill.  So, after posting this I starting thinking what other movies RM was in (but I couldn't come up with any more) and I went to IMDB and found he was only in about a dozen movies and many of them were done it the 60's and 70's.  Seems the elegant Spaniard was largely a television actor but was highly esteemed for his elegant voice and for Cadillac's "rich Corinthian leather".

Actually, Besides the ST2 and the one you mentioned, I'm familiar with at least 2 other movies that RM was in.

Mexican comedian Paul Rodriguez: "Mexicans are loyal consumers. We buy Chevys.  A few of us are buying Chryslers now. We're born-again Mexicans.  We're buying them because Ricardo Montalban is selling them, and we want to keep him working.   "Rich Corinthian leather." There is no such animal.  The Corinthians used to be a people in the Bible. Last I heard, it wasn't cool to make seats out of people.    'WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HIM???' 'He's a Corinthian!'  'Ok, never mind.'  "

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Really?  You can't think of ONE other movie with GCS in it?

Or maybe you don't know anyone ELSE in the movie he won the Oscar for.

George

I know the movie where he stands in front of the flag, but would have to do a search to match another actor to it.  Steiger spoofed that sort of character in a different movie, but that was Steiger, not Scott. 

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Really?  You can't think of ONE other movie with GCS in it?

Or maybe you don't know anyone ELSE in the movie he won the Oscar for.

George

Crap I didn't make it back in time.  Remember The Hustler?

Where were we?  Oh

Johnny Dangerously

Michael Keaton

Night Shift

17 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Raf and I answered "Tango and Cash" at about the same time.  I believe I got in first.

George

Yeah, your post came in 15 min before Raf's

Mrs. Doubtfire

Robert Prosky

Broadcast News