GreaseSpot Cafe

Triple Movie Links Game

Raf

*Looked him up* for whatever reason and [he's got to be one of the most obscure actors over the past 30 years to be in cinema] I thought I would have to take myself out but it looks like it was alright to do it because of the three days rule.  I like it that his follow up movie after Deer Hunter was the musical Hair.   So how about we go with:

Beauty and The Beast  (1987)

Rebecca De Mornay

Identity

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I suspect that "Common" is not the name of an actor, though I could be wrong...

George

That is the name of a singer, and many singers are also actors, so it probably is the same guy.   This guy did a song with Colbie Caillat for kids about staying calm, called "Belly Breathe."   (Elmo's in the video.)

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I suspect that "Common" is not the name of an actor, though I could be wrong...

George

No, that is the name that the actor uses.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

That is the name of a singer, and many singers are also actors, so it probably is the same guy.   This guy did a song with Colbie Caillat for kids about staying calm, called "Belly Breathe."   (Elmo's in the video.)

He is an actor and has been in movies for awhile now.  He played the main antagonist in the last (oops, that would give it away).  He is known in other media circles.  Is he a singer?  Hell, I'm a singer.  He used to be a rapper (I've never heard anything from him) . Currently he has been the face for Microsoft A I technology on television commercials.

Edited by Human without the bean
forgot to finish my parenthesis

Well if anything I'm staying logged-in now longer than 5 or 10 minutes. Whatever that was just a couple of days ago it made is not so hard for me to stay logged in.   At least I can browse the internet or look up something and not get logged-out shortly after making a post.  I will still have to go through the whole process of logging in and retrieving a new password request via my email account but at least I don't have to do it continuously again and again.  :eusa_clap:  My hats off. :spy:

On 8/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, WordWolf said:

Willow

Warwick Davis

Star Wars Ep 1- the Phantom Menace

Thank goodness you posted WordWolf.  By the way, if you are wondering (or if anyone is wondering) the latest Quentin Tarantino film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood imo, was a far cry from anything that he has done up until now.  If you were wondering?  

For anyone else, save a lot of bucks and wait for it.  Not enough acting or action for me.  I won't get into a diatribe about it but it was built up much too big for me.  Where were we?  Yes, Star Wars:  the Phantom Menace..

Star Wars:  the Phantom Menace

Natalie Portman

Leon:  The Professional   (contingent upon whether I have Portman for the right movie)  if not I'll ask my son for the right movie with the right actor.  He is walking encyclopedia  (wow, that was fun to spell,  first time and everything) when it come to Star Wars.

Ah, you linked from PHANTOM MENACE to PHANTOM MENACE. 

Linking from there to Natalie Portman, and NP to "the Professional" were correct moves, but you need to add one other actor from that movie to complete the triple.  The actor who played Leon is the obvious choice (at least it would be for me- I've never seen the movie and know exactly 2 actors from it, and you named one.)

6 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Where were we?  Yes, Star Wars:  the Phantom Menace..

Star Wars:  the Phantom Menace

Natalie Portman

Leon:  The Professional   (contingent upon whether I have Portman for the right movie)  if not I'll ask my son for the right movie with the right actor.  He is walking encyclopedia  (wow, that was fun to spell,  first time and everything) when it come to Star Wars.

Apparently I'm wrong about that.  Let's see.  The original movie were 4th, 5th, and 6th and then they were 3rd, 2nd and 1st and that would put us with

Liam Neeson

Batman Begins

Morgan Freeman

And yes I was all wrong about that post.  I wasn't on the right track with the game.  OK.  I fixed it.

8 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Ah, you linked from PHANTOM MENACE to PHANTOM MENACE. 

Linking from there to Natalie Portman, and NP to "the Professional" were correct moves, but you need to add one other actor from that movie to complete the triple.  The actor who played Leon is the obvious choice (at least it would be for me- I've never seen the movie and know exactly 2 actors from it, and you named one.)

1 minute ago, Human without the bean said:

Apparently I'm wrong about that.  Let's see.  The original movie were 4th, 5th, and 6th and then they were 3rd, 2nd and 1st and that would put us with

Liam Neeson

Batman Begins

Morgan Freeman

And yes I was all wrong about that post.  I wasn't on the right track with the game.  OK.  I fixed it.

6 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Liam Neeson

Batman Begins

Morgan Freeman

And apparently I'm also wrong about the sequence that the second trilogy was in.  It was 4, 5, 6, then, 1, 2 and 3.  I lost interest after the fourth installment to the franchise; Phantom Menace.  I lost interest in a lot of franchises after the stars who played in them were mostly in it for the money.  Its sequel $, sequel $$, sequel $$$.  This was a generation ago now, and nothing if anything has changed.  Iron Man,  Clash of the Titans, Captain America.  These were OK until they went with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th sequel.  This is especially true with fantasy.  However, Batman is the exception.

FYI, you were OK with Natalie Portman followed by The Professional.  The problem was starting with SW Ep1, when the previous clue ended with that.  WW was trying to get you to go one link further (probably with Jean Reno, who played Leon).  But going with your revised thread,

Now You See Me

Woody Harrelson

White Men Can't Jump

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge