GreaseSpot Cafe

Triple Movie Links Game

Raf

Hmmmm.... does it count if one of his songs was featured in a film? I think "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" has been in quite a few movies. He had a song in the last Bridget Jones movie - but I can't remember the title...

Okay, two things.

Steve! went from Spy Kids to Antonio Banderas to Spy Kids 2, which is normally not kosher, BUT he did it to get to Steve Buscemi, who was not in the first Spy Kids movie, which makes it kosher. Well done.

Second, no, it only counts if the singer was actually in the movie: not on the soundtrack. The person has to be on the cast list. There are some cases where it's iffy, and those are allowable (for example, Lea Salonga is the SINGING voice of Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, but someone else is the speaking voice: in that case, since Salonga is voicing a character, she's allowed. There are other cases like this).

So, we're at Sting, right?

The Bride

Jennifer Beals

Flashdance

Thanks Raf! So if "Animal House" comes up, I can use Stephen Bishop ("On and On", "It Might be You") - who not only sang the theme song for the film, but has a cameo as the "charming guy with guitar" (sitting on the stairs during the toga party! Belushi smashes it and hands it back to him!)

As far as "Flashdance" goes - I don't remember anyone other than Jennifer Beals - so I'll wait...

Right, a cameo is sufficient.

I just checked IMDB to see if there is anyone in it other than the one guy I'm thinking of. Most of the cast remained unknown, but there is one guy who had a bit part and later became, well, not FAMOUS or anything, but at least better known (as in, decent role in major, major blockbuster).

If you're all stumped I'll pick another Beals movie.

Actually, if we hadn't just used Dune, it would have been easy to link Michael Nouri to The Hidden and Kyle McLaughlin. But alas, we did.

And if you're really good, you spotted Robert Wuhl in one Flashdance scene, recognized him as the photographer in Batman, and could link to a whole buncha folks.

But I can't imagine remembering that.

So, instead of Flashdance, let's do...

Runaway Jury