GreaseSpot Cafe

Beware of "The Passion"

Digger

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The justification was from the use of the word "know" -- and since Jesus bore all our sins, it seems logical that sexual abuse would be included in the things He endured on our behalf.

(As I understand vp did have a ministry of a teacher -- the problem came when he decided to sell that ministry, and the people who trusted him, for a "mess of pottage" so to speak. His ministry at one time was genuine.)

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

quote:
Originally posted by Kit Sober:

The justification was from the use of the word "know" -- and since Jesus bore all our sins, it seems logical that sexual abuse would be included in the things He endured on our behalf.

(As I understand vp did have a ministry of a teacher -- the problem came when he decided to sell that ministry, and the people who trusted him, for a "mess of pottage" so to speak. His ministry at one time was genuine.)

Does that mean everything teachers teach is correct?

Telling the truth carries risk. I accept that risk.

def...

quote:
I heard once that VP or some other clone taught that the Roman soldiers sodomized our Lord. Did anyone else ever hear that?

Yep...heard that too...not to give Her Doktor any credit, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

thanks simon now i remember

And they took off his clothing, and put on him a red robe.

And they made a crown of thorns and put it on his head, and put a rod in his right hand, and they went down on their knees before him, and made sport of him, saying, Long life to the King of the Jews.

And they put shame on him, and gave him blows on the head with the rod.

And when they had made sport of him, they took the robe off him, and put his clothing on him, and took him away to put him on the cross.

"made sport of him" was used as proof

thank you, strange, i had my hair done, doesn't it look different ?

?

Edited by Guest

Ex10 -- thanks for the reply about Zig icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

and so as to Not derail this thread --Kit says,

"(As I understand vp did have a ministry of a teacher -- the problem came when he decided to sell that ministry, and the people who trusted him, for a "mess of pottage" so to speak. His ministry at one time was genuine.)"

Kit, amen. icon_smile.gif:)--> couldn't agree more. icon_cool.gif

• 1 month later...

I am aware that this is a long dead thread. But I was not in here to comment on it when it was fresh.

I have witnessed many reactions to this movie. But none of them are really a reaction to the violence, or the producer. They are a reaction to Jesus. How you feel about Him will determine how you react to the graphic portrayal of His suffering.

Are you in love with Him? How we feel about a movie will die here, but how we feel about Him will last for eternity.

One of the most poingaint moments of the movie for me was a shot that showed Jesus laying in a very large pool of His blood after being scourged. That blood is so precious to me I cannot express it. On the way home from the movie I looked over at my beautiful 7 year old son. And I was struck deeper than ever before with the truth, “By His stripes we were healed.” My son was sitting there looking out the car window in quiet beauty because that blood that was spilled healed him from a very advanced case of cancer.

There is no greater love than a man lay his life down for a friend. I love Him for what He did with every cell of my being. If He was willing to go through it for me, I want to know it, see it, live it and praise Him for it. He deserves everything that we can give Him.

I believe that this movie gives Him honor because it does not take the enormity of what He did and try to play it down so that a lukewarm church will feel comfortable with it.

The question is will we give Him honor?

Ah yes, the "mock" and "made sport" are used, as I heard lcm teach it, as references to sodomy. I remember lcm getting all riled up teaching about this and said that Sarah was right to have Abraham send Ismael away because she caught him "mocking" Isaac. That meant that Ismael was sodomizing (or attempting to, can't remember) Isaac.

Then he went to the verse about the Philistines "making sport" of Samson when they took him captive. (Judges 16:24)

So, you see, Jesus was mocked aka sodomized? Got it? Don't go looking up any of the other uses of the words in the Bible because I told you what it means. Don't question my interpretation of when it means "teasing" and when it means "sodomy" I'm telling you so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about it. I heard it straight from the mogfart's mouth several times so it must be true. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Ref said: "I've come to the conclusion that I do not care if there were three crosses or five: I only care about the one in the middle!

And if Mel Gibson has a different understanding of what took place on that day, I'm not going to hold that against him. I'm going to praise God that Christ is preached. If I see Christ stumbling under the burden of the wooden cross, I'm going to be reminded that he held strong under the burden of the cross I placed on his shoulder.

Hey Ref, Love ya brother.