GreaseSpot Cafe

Fashion Divas

Dot Matrix

I'm in Michigan Dot. Clothing here seems to come in all colors and with spring coming, bright stuff will be in. I keep looking in my closet and all I see is brown and black with the occasional green and tan. Boy do I need to go shopping!

I actually like wearing skirts to work, but not the business suites. Thankfully, the job I have now seems quazi casual (there are even a few people who wear jeans to work) so I can wear the more casual and comfortable skirts. I also like skirts because they allow me to mix and match more so that I can usually go two to three weeks without wearing the same outfit twice.

I can't wear sleeveless dresses to work, the air conditioning in the summer freezes me. But I do wear them with a jacket over them so when I get back out into the heat I can take off the jacket.

I noticed women going to work without stockings and wearing open toed shoes and sandals too. I must be getting old, I remember when that would have never been acceptable. I'm not complaining about the change though.

Make-up? I'm not really into the designer stuff, to expensive. I buy Wet N Wild, inexpensive but it works well for me.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

When I was in California I had this BRIGHT Lime green weekend outfit. It was very comfortable.

I wore it to travel to New York in -- I swear, I thought I was going to be killed wearing it!

The whole city was in dark colors or light bland ones.

At that time the LOUD beach shirts were in and my hubs wore them all the time. I sent some to my nephews and they explained if they wore them they would be beaten up!

The East and West coast sure were different.

In the late 80's WHITE heels were "in" all seasons and people wore them proudly in December but on the East coast it was still unacceptable!

flag.gif

I haven't read this whole thread, but will after lunch.

In my area everyone wears blue jeans and tee shirts...sandals and scuffies...

In the summer with the arrival of the city tourists we see an array of fashion showing from Neman Marcus and Saks...

...all us locals just icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

However, as the demographics is changing, and more and more city people moving here and commuting to their cities, you see less and less of us slobs down here...

I still slob around...and I'm proud to icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Then there are people like me...

I am partially color blind.

(I have flunked the "color" tests that optomitrists give. The ones where they have a circle with a bunch of "dots" in it and they say that there are numbers in the circle).

At work,

most of the time, I wear jeans, a polo type shirt and "tennis shoes". The office where I work is very relaxed.

Following this thread has brought me to flash back giggles.

I attended a finishing school in Milwaukee in l978 where we had to know all this stuff. I hated this part. As I recall, I got a C- in that part of the program and was labeled a 'fashion rebel'. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> hee hee

We had to know how to dress for which level of corporate whatever, how to mix the jewelry and bags and shoes together 'properly'. Then we had to do our hair and make up every day for class; no exceptions.

I think some people get it and enjoy it and others don't. Kinda like decorating or other talents one does or does not possess.

I can attend any function and dress properly and know which fork to eat what with. But, for my day to day life, it's jeans and sweaters or black. Black slacks and jacket with a simple blouse and black boots as much as possible.(black is so slimming isn't it?)

I see some color in my closet, but always grab the black stuff. Or the comfy ripped jeans and baggy sweater. ahhhhhhh! Make up? Sure, but minimal. Hair? As messy as I can mouse, gel and muss it up to be.

I would never fit in a highly corporate, fashion design required employment situation; it just is not me.

Edited by Guest

I did not like the corporate clone look either -- but if you want to get hired...

When I drove a Subaru and was up for a promotion, I was told that my car was not nice enough to run errands for the company- pick up VIP's at the airport, etc.

Is that not crazy? So, I got a Datsun 280 ZX. The next promotion I got! Crazy huh?

Mind you I did not have THAT important of a job that my car should matter that much! (OR they should have provided a company car if it was inportant to the position)

flag.gif

Edited by Guest

ooooooohhhh, Shellon.... finishing school... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

hey WG, drove by your old apartment yesterday... the area around it sure has changed!

It's hard to make that change, When life and love turns strange. And old.

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

Now this is back in style, I hate to post a picture as none of them are turning up so here is the site. I just had my hair done like this and I am happy with it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0004751/kga...nard,%20Crystal

flag.gif

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on March 16, 2004 at 1:15.]

Edited by Guest

WOW DotDotDot... you look pretty good with blonde hair!

(If you want to just post the picture, link to it. Go to the web page the pic is on, right click on the pic, highlight the stuff behind "properties:" (you know the http stuff? all the way to the end after the dot, all those letters), once it's highlighted hit ctrl-c (that's a short cut for copy, while holding down the control key also hit the c), now click on the little greenish picture up there at the top of the reply window (it's third from the right between the envelope and the >). Click in the box, hit ctrl-v (that's the shortcut for paste, while holding down the ctrl key, hit the v). Now the properties will be in there (the link to the pic). Hit OK. Type whatever else you want and then hit the "post now" button. It'll show up when your post does. The picture has to be available on the web though. This won't work for pics on your hard drive.)

Go ahead and try it. Edit the post above and watch!

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

Edited by Guest

Yeah Tom, I wish that was me. This was popular back in the 70's with Jane Fonda's movie Klute! I was so glad to see ot was coming back!

mptv1.gif

Tom, I went to the site clicked left and saw where it said "properties" I then copied the address al the thing from http through .gif and it did not pull over. You try it.

I can do it from Google images but not from a ite with a pic. How come Tommy?

flag.gif

Edited by Guest

crystal149b.jpg

let's see..... is this DotDotDot...?

(I got it from a different site)

Edited by Guest