GreaseSpot Cafe

The Crimson Room

CoolWaters

I GOT OUT OF THE CRIMSON ROOM icon_biggrin.gif:D-->icon_biggrin.gif:D-->icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Got the screwdriver on the first try,and found a second door handle that shattered when I applied said screwdriver. icon_eek.gif

Thanks CW for the safe combination. icon_smile.gif:)--> I still can't figure out how you got 1994 out of the url address icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zix -- Wow!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Congrats!!!!!! icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

Took me who knows how long, and that was done by conferring with others. Went thru it successfully 3 times in a row now. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Raf -- the screwdriver has "notches" on the handle. Put the cursor at the 3rd or 4th "notch" on the handle, click, and you should have it.

quote:
D man right behind you ....

And cool waters it's a dang good thing too cause I was headed over to your house with the CD player loaded full of singing ladies of the way disks to drive you as mad as you were making me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

WhiteDove -- icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Good for you! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I was getting purty frustrated myself there! icon_frown.gif:(-->

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDove:

D man right behind you ....

And cool waters it's a dang good thing too cause I was headed over to your house with the CD player loaded full of singing ladies of the way disks to drive you as mad as you were making me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Well dang, White Dove, at least I know how to get you to come over to my house now. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> >-} anim-smile.gif

Just be warned...me, my hubs and my son do these kinds of things as family entertainment. icon_eek.gif I can see it now...the 4 of us (or 5 if there's a Ms White Dove) sitting around the game table on a Saturday night..."I'll see your 4 web puzzles and raise you 3 Singing Ladies of the Way tapes."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

D! Got that screwdriver on the first try! I'm so proud of you! Makes a mamma cry. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Impressive, Zix...exceptin' I did it in 7 mins...once I had as many clues as are on this thread. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Now I can zip through it in under 2 minutes. It takes me that long because I try to trick myself. Sigh. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

At one time, when I was single and had no life (as opposed to married and have no life) play Midieval... it was a pretty fun game... I tried to play Myst once, but what is the objective? I'd give it a try if there was a clear cut objective (like getting out of the room in this one) but I don't recall ever figuring it out...

In Myst, the goal is in the messages by the 2 guys in that den room.

It is confusing. I think you start off on that first island...and look for clues to get off. There are about 4-5 ways to get off...and each way brings you to another dimension.

That's where I am in it.

The dimensions intertwine with things you have to do in them, and bring them to another dimension.

Gotta read the books in the den....and listen to the messages in the den. Turn things on and run back and forth to different places on the island to open the keys to the ways off.

Confusing, huh?

Has anyone played it til the end? (I think I remember krysilis mentioning it somewhere)???

CW: The keywords you want are "flash adventure games". Tons of them out there... icon_wink.gif;)-->

Myst is ok, the big selling point is that it is completely nonviolent.

I don't know why adults don't play more games. Microsoft announced Monday they've dropped the price of the Xbox $30 to $149. Nintendo's Game Cube has been $99 since Thanksgiving. The Sony Playstation2 has the biggest game library and is still quite reasonable at $179, especially considering that the Xbox and PS2 are also full-fledged DVD players to boot.

The games aren't all shoot-em-ups, either. Zixette loved to play the PS2 racing game Gran Turismo 3, racing her little blue VW New Beetle against all comers. (Of course it was souped up with a turbocharger and a racing suspension, but it still LOOKED like her Bug...)

Oh well, to each his own, I suppose...but who doesn't like to have fun now and then?