GreaseSpot Cafe

Who Would You Choose as the American Idol Winner?

Eagle

Same with me. I have never heard of those folks. Do they offer something important to our society? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

How far back in American History does one have to go to find "An American Idol Winner"?

Tref -- yer answers don't count! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> anim-smile.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Fantasia can't dance, Diane is great on stage, but needs another year of maturity. She WILL be a star, no question, and is extremely talented.

However, LaToya should have been there at the end, or perhaps some of the folks dumped in the auditions, who were better than some of the top 12.

Oh well, I liked the purple haired girl that left several weeks ago. What was her name? Geesh the American people vote weird!

~HAP (who makes AI the one mindless endeavor he succombs to each week- oops, then there is GS, LOL)

We're big fans here--our family's version of watching Lawrence Welk with the folks. Our kids vote, my sister and I IM through the whole show.

Amy was the girl with the wild hair. We liked her.

Latoya should have been in the top three, but she's so talented she'll make it without winning.

Pirate: Kelly Clarkson won season 1, Ruben Studdard won season 2 (although the runner-up, Clay Aiken, has had more commerical success than Studdard), and next week's show will determine the winner of season 3.

It's really not such a bad show, although there is a LOT of filler on the Wednesday vote-results episodes. Some of the kids have excellent voices.

Justin Guarini looked like he walked to American Idol from the set of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.

sigjohn1.jpgbritney_justin_4_60920a.jpgsigmund2.jpg

As for Kelly Clarkson, she looked like she got turned down by "Saved by the Bell" for being too chirpy.

No opinions on Ruben or Clay, except that Clay looks like a bird.

Well, my wife went for Justin Guirini in season one and I went for Kelly Clarkson. Season two, we were both Clay Aiken fans. The rest of the guys in my fellowship voted for Rueben because they thought Clay was too pixie or geeky. They said Clay was a better singer but they couldn't stand him anyway. This season, my wife and I were undecided between Latoya London and Diane DeGarmo. We were in shock when Latoya went, so we are solidly behind the girl from Snellville, Georgia and plan to vote her in as American Idol next week. Fantasia would have to be too incredible and Diana would have to screw up royally for us to vote any other way. But Diana DeGarmo does well under pressure, especially for a 16 year-old. We are hoping she will take this.

All I know about this is what I see in the commercials, which is really enough for me.

I know Clay Aiken because he went to UNC-Charlotte. You couldn't help hearing about him around here. The daughter of a friend of mine graduated in the same class at UNCC and they had to limit the number of guests that each graduate got to invite because so many people wanted to see Clay. Some people were really ticked off.

I don't get the whole Clay Aiken thing myself.

I am voting 4 my girl Jasmine Trias!!!She can sing,she's comfortable out there on stage,and she is very pretty!!I was voting 4 Camile untill she got booted off the show!!!Anyways one of my friends,Paloma Carreno, her sister was on Season 1 of American Idol her name was Tammy Carreno,so basicly she met Kelly Clarkson!!!I think she still keeps in touch with her!!!But its pretty cool!!!!I VOTE 4 JASMINE TRIAS I hope u guys will,too!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Jasmine Trias was treated especially bad by judges in the last two shows. She finally was voted off but not before doing the best job she had ever done. It is very possible she may end up with a record deal like Kimberley Locke did. Locke was number three last year.