GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible change in plans - if the Oakmobile sells, I'll be able to go icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

If anyone is going from between Nebraska and Tennessee, maybe carpooling is possible?

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Edited by Guest

Pickin and grinnin???

Mebbe ol' Sudo can bring his f horn and I can get a tuba.

We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty:

The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) asserts that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

greatseal.gif

DEO VINDICE!!

Ron G.

Ron,

So.. You coming?? I've got cabin 11 and so far only 3 sleeping slots out of 8 are taken. It's just me and Abigail and Verbal. Of course some folks might not like sleeping in a double bed with someone they don't know. icon_eek.gif

Glad you mentioned my F-horn. I don't use the other name. I now play the Freedom Horn icon_smile.gif:)-->. And look Oakspear.. let us know so we can make room for you somewhere.

sudo

Sudo,

The princess and I would be delighted to sleep with you and Abi and 1000names - oh, does that sound right?

Can I send you money for our share today? Do you take Paypal? Lol. I can send you a check or something...

I was so sorry to miss the last one - I was considering buying a tent, but if you have room for more, well, we're more!!!

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

Bowtwi,

You're on. That's another double bed taken. So right now, It's Verbal and Abigail in one, me by my lonesome in another and you and the princess in the third. That leaves one bed untouched.

No. Don't send money. We'll settle up at Tim's Ford. Man, this is great! I'm really looking forward to it!

sudo

[This message was edited by Sudo on August 18, 2003 at 20:37.]

Edited by Guest

Very cool, Sudo.

I thought I was excited. I just showed the website to the princess, reminded her that rascal's daughter that we met last winter will be there, and she went wild!

By the way, I did kinda neglect to mention that she (the princess) snores AND grinds her teeth. So, if you hear ANY noises from our end, it's HER - NOT ME!!! It is kinda a cute lil snore, tho...

It's gonna be a great weekend!

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

Oh COOL! Hannah and z will be beside themselves knowing that you n the princess are gonna be there!

Oak, wonderfull! maybe you could get a cheapie ticket to nashville or huntsville, You could be picked up by some of us on our way...

OMG Abby ... TWO Aarons in the SAME general vicinity.... the world is in emminant danger hee hee....... it`s going to be WONDERFULL!

Chin, that is too bad.... maybe next year eh?

Gonna bring my canoe..... maybe the bass boat............how bout it Hawk, you in charge of fishing expeditions again? (Benji says be sure to bring plenty of twinkies for bargaining....I think he is gonna try to stiff you for a years boarding on that puppy ypu are gonna swap ;-)

Can`t wait to meet Sudo and Zix after all these years!

Herbal, Looks like it`s gonna be a blast, thanks for assuming your duties once again as benevolent dictator...you bringin Cam?

Hope, looking forward to seeing you once again...

Pawtucket... why hmmmmmmmmmmm? Maybe you are waiting for an invitation? Would like to to join us? Please do.....

Edited by Guest

Ohh cool. I know where that is. I have been there. My sister used to live between Manchester and Tullahoma. Right around the corner from the Normandy Dam. That is an awesome area.

Too far for me to afford though. *shrug*

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while

Mikey,

Alright.. you're heading this thing up so you can delegate if you want. I know first we need to find out who all's going so we can make sure there's cabin space for them but next..

How did ya'll handle meals last year? You want to assign who brings what? Are there grocery stores near by?

sudo

Sure Sudo but you were doing such a fine job already icon_razz.gif:P-->

So far there are 3 cabins rented. Two have one bed availble and I think the other has two or three beds left (Zix knows). The camp sites can handle 4 tents so if Cathy and Hawk get one apiece that OUGHT to handle any tenters (unless the whole lot of us show up in which case we take over the park and start our own country icon_wink.gif;)--> ).

And you think I'm kidding...

You really do don't you icon_eek.gif

But until then...

Let me know via private topic if you will be needing a space.

Now some folks bravely volunteered to cook a few meals for this gathering BEFORE it grew to @ 25 people icon_eek.gif

I think we could have two communal meals, namely Saturday night and Sunday morning. There will be lots to do besides trying to keep up with a watch so I think this simplifies things some. How about a pot luck with the soup chile and stew serving as the foundational principle for estatic farting icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I think we'll need to figure out how much food we'll need for this not to mention kitchen help and or multiple kitchens so if you cooks could email me we could set this up.

There are stores in Manchester and Shelbyville but I know nothing at all of their hours except they do roll the sidewalks up after dark.

OK thats all I got for now...

any questions??

be there or be square icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by herbiejuan on August 17, 2003 at 20:09.]

Edited by Guest

Have no fear, I'll bring my big pot that I make the chili in - lol, I dunno I just call it my soup pot. I can feed 25 + people easy with this pot, it's huge.

I'm volunteering 1000Names to help cut up the produce for the chili and he has to bring his chef knife. He chops, I cook, we make a great team in the kitchen. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

But don't ask him if you can use his knife for a screw driver! Trust me on this, I know! icon_eek.gif

oh yeah, if ya don't like your chili hot, let me know before the cookout and I'll bring two pots.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

Edited by Guest

Abi please bring two pots. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Also, I'm flying so I won't be able to 'bring along' food stuffs, but will contribute when there and will help stir, chop, taste, serve, clean up, whatever. I will stop at store on the way, if my driver will indulge, icon_biggrin.gif:D--> and get some things.

I do better at being put to work than I do running any shows. I'm a great gofer.

Edited by Guest

Cathy can you and a few helpers handle breakfast?? We can split the cooking up between two cabins if needed. What about the sausage flour n stuff???

Abi are we talking Taco Bell hot or Dave's Ultimate Insanity hot?? icon_eek.gif What about the fixings?? You be needing anything???

Hawk hows the stew looking?? Need anything to go in it???

Any more food volunteers??

I think, to simplify things, we each ought to be responsible for our own drinks (I'm bringing plenty of coffee), eating utensils (the cabins have some) and any snacks/lunch stuff you might need.

So, with Hawks stew Abi's Chile and Cathy's chocolate biscuits we have 2 meals covered, out of like 5, what about the others?

[This message was edited by herbiejuan on August 18, 2003 at 12:45.]

Edited by Guest

I happen to make the killerest sausage gravy north of the mason dixon line. I usually have it on english muffins, but for this occasion, I might splurge for the refrigerator biscuits (I like youse people, but not enough to make biscuits from scratch) icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Also, just this time only, I might make it with lard instead of butter.

I will bring a coffee grinder, and we can have fresh PERCOLATED coffee. Unfortunately, it only makes 12 cups at a clip, so there'll have to be a number system.

The lessons repeat until they are learned.

I am planning on an enormous pot of chicken soup for a meal.... will bring styrofoam bowls plastic spooms....all real classy you know?

Definatly should plan on hot dogs over the campfire, marshmellows...smores etc.

(Looks like someone who shall remain nameless might provide some of the hot dogs etc.)

I will bring beans, chips etc.

I am used to cooking for an army ...do not mind, doing it...however extra sets of hands for chopping washing etc....are welcomed.

Verb looks like we could each take charge of a morning meal...........eh? sausage gravey n biscut wars........muhahahahahahahaha.....

Hawk I think said that he would bring his homeade sausage....for the occasion.......

Since I am relativly close....and have plenty of room, I don`t mind bringing condiments, catsup mustard...ingredients.......paper plates plastic silverware....etc....... use of the cabins for food prep will be nice.

Guys you who are traveling don`t worry about stuff just let me know what I can do/bring to make things easier for you......

I will get a box of 80 hot dogs from sam`s... can get chips and stuff reasonably priced at work..... I can also pick up all of the paper products....

[This message was edited by rascal on August 18, 2003 at 15:11.]

Edited by Guest