GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

Cathy

Since you are suggesting you bring all that stuff, how about if I split the cost with you? If you are willing to do the shopping, hauling, etc to the park, since I can't haul a load of stuff on airplane; I'm thrilled to contribute financially to what you purchase. That will also save my 'driver' icon_smile.gif:)--> from having to wait while I shop.

I will also help with cooking, cleaning, etc as I said in another post.

Cathy, let me know if that's ok with you.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey,

Tell you what.. put me in for a very large pot of my beef stew. I'll just bring it with me in a cooler. It should feed 15-20 folks I'd think. I make it up in the big pot and we'll eat on it for a week.

It's pretty good, too, if I do say so myself. Lots of meat, potatoes, onions and carrots in a thick gravy. Umm..ummm.

sudo

P.S. Hey Zix.. whaddaya mean you might not be able to make it? You're just not believing, dude!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Zix, you have to go!!!!!!!!!! I was really looking forward to meeting you and I mean that sincerely!

"Abi are we talking Taco Bell hot or Dave's Ultimate Insanity hot?? What about the fixings?? You be needing anything???"

Hmmmmmm, I've never had chili at either place so I don't know how to answer that. I can't give away my two secret ingredients, but the peppers I use are hotter than jalepenos and milder than habeneros (I tried the habeneros once and they left a bitter after taste icon_frown.gif:(--> ).

But I will also make a mild pot for those who don't like it too hot.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_cool.gif

The Oakmobile is sold!!!!!!!

Oakspear is coming to The Weenie Roast driving Son of Oakmobile!!!!

I'm not the greatest cook, but I can possibly get some good deals on meat and I'll even wash some dishes icon_eek.gif

Yeeehaaaa!

Oh, and if anyone in Missouri or eastern Kansas is going, I'd welcome some company along the way.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

[This message was edited by Oakspear on August 18, 2003 at 22:26.]

Edited by Guest

great to see such entusiasm over this event.....i look forward to meeting all that show up......

I am gona d the camping thing again this year,,,,it just sort of suits mine and tha kido's stile. We will be bringing a 20

Qt cast iron kettle and plenty oter cast iron skillets (large ones),,,they will usefull for Sat breakfast in one of the cabins, I'll bring plenty of KY homemade sausage,,,,so no need to bring that, I will brin some bambi and trimmin's fer a little stew Herb also, I think I;ll also bring a few Squirrles this year for a Sun morning Red-eye gravy and biscuit feast!

And Ron,.if'n yr gona be there Cory said he will bring his tuba! He won second inthe state compitition here and still needs a few pointers. Said he would take ya fer a boat ride for a duet wif him!

I'll also try and to remember to bring plenty of fishin' poles....bait be bought at the dock......and its a great place tofish also...

Zix.......the stars are bright there too...,thats part of the reason I like camping out in a tent!

Rascal,,,,,I think te RV an Camping sites are first come first serve,,,,,if'n you get thee before I do.....get the one we had last year.....its a good spot.....right across from the shower house.I'll be making a couple trips down to Lessburg . Alabama before then,,,,,perhaps we can meet up around manchester or along the 65 corridor which ever is closer for you? I'll look ofr your phone number again.....and try ad get in contact with ya......and tell Mark he needs to show up this yr! I might remember to break out the moonshine and the wine still in the boat frm last year that I frgot I had with me....LOL

Sudo:

I've got your emails...I'm guessing you got mine, but anyway...I'm in.

Abi:

Aren't you and 1000 sharing a cabin with Sudo?

I might be able to help anyone needing a lift from the airport if your luggage volume is small. Email me

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Don't worry folks........I'll bring an extra tent....just show up..and if'n yer scared of the outdoors or are allergic to bugs and such I am sure someone will have floor space. The cabins are plenty large enough to accomadate floor style camping too. I think they built them way just in case married couples fall out of the bed!

I make a pretty good macaroni and tuna salad and also taco salad, which I thought I'd fix for starters.

I'm flexible and pretty good at teamwork, so count me in on helping with meals and whatever.

I'm not big on baiting hooks, but I like to fish if somebody will put the worm on the hook for me...

I'm pretty sure we're driving up, so will bring a couple coolers and when we get close to the park, will stop and pick up some food and drinks. (note to self - check airfare TODAY and make decision!)

Rascal - I had NO IDEA people buy hot dogs by the 80-pack, of course YOU would know that, but for some reason, that really cracks me up!

I'm so looking forward to the weekend! I'm taking the princess out of school that Friday so we can get an early start.

Woo hoo!

in the words of the great Lou Reed"

"We're gonna have a real good time together!

We're gonna have a real good time together!

We're gonna have a real good time together!

Oh baby, please!!!" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

Hey Psalmie!

We were hoping you'd bring yer little piggy to the roast cuz we're still looking fer a main course icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

All kidding aside (hitchiking is out of the question right?) I'm sorry you can't make it, no weenie roast is complete without you playing yer sackbutt and psaltry icon_eek.gif

I recently changed my email addy in my profile to herbiejuan@hotmail.com if you need to contact me for any reason, please use that address.

I've had several requests for sleeping spots, at this point there will be a spare tent, a fold out sofa and floor space. Bring padding and a sleeping bag. Remember these cabins will be housing 6-8 adults and mebbe more so if you are bothered by folks ambling in and out at different hours or like to sing show tunes while chugging shots you might want to rethink where you will be spending the night icon_cool.gif

Party on !!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->