GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jardinero,

I'm sending you an e-mail. However, it is the case that my e-mail address is accurate in my Public Profile.

It's an easy e-address to misspell, however, especially the mikeo which ends in the alpha-character "O" and not the numeral "0" (zero).

I'm sure this explanation will serve as a great launching pad (or diving board) for many of my detractors.

Edited by Guest

herbiejuan,

I was posting to Jardinero's question on the previous page, mistakenly thinking she was asking for me.

I've thought much about coming, but in addition to the distance being kinda prohibitive, I'd also like to avoid being the weenie that's roasted there.

Now a West Coast version may intice me to tempt fate.

Edited by Guest

quote:
I'd also like to avoid being the weenie that's roasted there.
The West Coast is a long way Mike, but I doubt you'd be roasted at the roast. I believe that a truce between the Christians and the Agnostics will be observed as well icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

See Ya at The Roast

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Edited by Guest

Oakspear,

I think you're right, but I couldn't resist the joke. Seriously, though, I think when the anonymity is stripped away, we can all get along MUCH better.

Because I had a 5 year head start on getting to know many here by lurking, I actually have a surprising degree of affection, even for those most hostile to me. I know the hurts everyone has suffered, and I know the vicarious "revenge" people feel toward people like Craig through me, and...... I know... this belongs on another thread... so I’ll be thinking about it.

P.S. Hey Oaky!!! Remember my 1000th post and how it got wasted? You were right there, I think. This one (# 1500) has got a little more class. What with mention of truces and all, this could be the big turning point!

Edited by Guest

This is what I'm seeing so far:

Herbiejuan

Rascal and the 14th Tribe

Abigail & The Man of A Thousand Screen Names

Sudo

Littlehawk & son

Zixar (maybe) & Zixette

Bowtwi & daughter

Shellon

Oakspear

AHAT (on good authority - maybe)

Jardinero AND Jardinerito

Ttessa (thinks so - info gleaned from chat room)

Looks like 13 GSers plus any spouses and kids!

See Ya at The Roast

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by Oakspear on August 25, 2003 at 20:50.]

[This message was edited by Oakspear on August 26, 2003 at 21:49.]

Edited by Guest

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Hey umm for that poster who recieved no reply to their PM to me...when I tried to reply to your post my screen told me I didn't have the necessary rights to reply. But to make a long story short...by all means but bring a bag (paper or plastic sir?) and yerself.

Mikey

PS is anyone coming from the NC area?

Herbi -

Pay Tenshun! LOL

Sudo gots #11

Zix gots #7 (if he's still commin)

You got #10

(all gleaned from this forum) - if I'm wrong please correct me.

Cathy - my address book is gone. Could you please e-mail me? same address as last year. thks.

Has anyone from this Forum reserved Cabin #1 or #13? VERY IMPORTANT - let Herbal or me know, please!!!

[This message was edited by Ttessa on August 26, 2003 at 23:29.]

Edited by Guest

If y'all don't mind I'd like to join you, but money is tight right at this moment so there's not a chance for me to make any reservations. If I get my cash situation cleared up by say the 10th of sept I'll know better if I can do it. The way things are going is good, but timing is everything when it comes down to it.

Those cabins look great!

See ya... maybe?

Seth

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--- that principle is contempt prior to investigation." ~~~ Herbert Spencer