GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid Pet Tricks

Shellon

Burglary suspect snuggles up to sleeping victims

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (Reuters) -- An Oklahoma couple were surprised when they woke up and found a drunk burglary suspect asleep in bed with them, police said on Thursday.

The couple from the south Oklahoma city of Ardmore called police, ran out of their house and watched officers arrest the man who was still sleeping in their bed despite the sirens and commotion, police said.

Dan Johnson, 24, was arrested on the scene in the incident that took place on Sunday and was charged with burglary.

Officer Chad Anthony said in his arrest report that it took quite an effort to rouse the suspect from a deep slumber.

"After about two to three minutes, Johnson stood up. I saw that he was very intoxicated," he wrote.

The report said Johnson was found with a cell phone belonging to one of the victims in his pocket and $4 in cash, also apparently stolen.

Johnson is suspected of kicking down a door at the residence and also trying to gain entry by using garden trimmers to pry open a door, the report said.

Police said the couple told officers a man they did not know had fallen asleep in bed with them.

Johnson and the victims would not comment on the incident.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

Am I the only one not getting this?? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

WHAT CAUSED THE COUPLE TO BE SOOOO ASLEEP, THAT THEY DID NOT HEAR THE DOOR KICKED IN, AND NOT NOTICE THAT A STANGER WAS IN THEIR BED icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I am a sound sleeper, but this one takes the cake! anim-smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> anim-smile.gif

Edited by Guest

Wow, shell, did you change the subject? I thought I was going to a new thread to read....you did catch me with the first one...hehe I went straight to it and had to go see what this was all about.

I found the article on yahoo news and found myself wondering if this was the whole story. Sounds very suspicious to me too.