GreaseSpot Cafe

Ear candling/natural healing people help!

ear_candle_insert.jpg

Dear Folks:

I used some ear candles to remove wax from my ears as I was told they could help migraine headaches.

Everything went well. I went to sleep and awoke with PAIN in my right ear and ringing.

So, I used another candle and more wax was removed and all was clear --

I went to sleep and awoke with the same thing.

So, I can either stay up or....

What should I do?

Edited by Dot Matrix

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a homeopathic remedy for ears that has worked great for me.

my ear is infected and it takes away the pain .

chamomilla HPUS 10X

This stuff is the ticket Merurius solubilis HPUS 15X

and sulphur HPUS 12X

You may be able to buy this mixture at your drug store it is Manufactored by similasan as ear ache relief.

also if you have water in your ear rubbing alcohol of at least 91 %% dries them right out and helps a great deal with the ringing and fuzzy feeling. put two or three drops in the ear.

The smoke goes into the ear and warms the ear as well as softens ear wax. Then it pulls the old wax up through the chimney efffect of the candle.

It does do that as you can open the candle and look at the debris that was drawn out. It has helped with many things like hearing loss and head aches. Only I had this odd thing happen.

I wonder if I have a perforated ear drum, in that case it will make things worse.

I read some things before about it not working. (There are articles that suggest prayer does not work either) But if you light a candle and do not put it in the ear you will find some crumbled white wax but no brown ear wax looking stuff.

I went to an ear Doc about a year and a half ago and I asked for ear irrigation as I was clogged. He said they didn't do it anymore (I since was told some Docs still do it.)

Anywho, I wanted to try this and I did. Brown wax was in the cone. But in my right ear there is a ringing buzz and there was pain.

I do not know why but there is a noise in my ear that was NOT there before I stuck a candle in it.

I do not buy everything Doctors say either George, for all I know he could have gone to a little yellow house to get his doctorate as well. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Edited by Dot Matrix

BTW, at the Doc's they did go into my ear and it was coated, deep inside, with hair spray! It is one of the big reasons older women have hearing loss... Weird huh?

And I do clean my ears and use peroxide and all...

So, now maybe I have ear candle wax dwon there cause the noise is still making a racket.

Dot,

I've had tinnitus for years (20 or more).

I guess it's the result of using loud power tools with no ear protection. Maybe I'll try that...

Anyway, from what I can tell, there is no treatment of any kind that's been proven effective. The problem seems to be that the damage isn't so much in your ears as it is in your brain. They've done counter-irritant types of things with some success, but it's really low percentage.

So, it doesn't bother me much, I've learned to live with it.

Yeah, big help, I know...

Oh, and to quote one of Cecil's more pithy comments on "earcandling":

"just to be sure we burned another candle in the open air. When we sliced it open we found wax and powder identical to that in the first. Conclusion: it's a hoax. Ain't it always the way? Maybe we're not doing enemas anymore, but we're winding up with the same old stuff."

Indeed...

I don`t know about that peroxide dott...my husband used it on me for some ailment and I have had nothing but trouble with my ears every since.

It seems like the peroxide has broached some sort of natural barrier that was supposed to be there....

Fluid now builds up ...causes dizziness...all sorts of troubles....ear aches...stuff that has never happened in my 42 years before this.

could the use of this be the source of your troubles as well?

Excuse me? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

If you have ear wax, it seems MOST ineffective to put a candle in the ear. Won't the candle wax add to what is already there?? And Tref is right about the heat source being at the wrong end, if this whole process is to melt wax (already in the ear).

And putting alcohol in the ear? Usually I ingest alcohol thru the mouth, not the ear. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

mmm... let me see, I have experienced two different kind of ear candlings, I think the technique done correctly does work, it is pretty old and was done for along time using rolled up paper as a medium, the new agers sort of took the old folk remedy and adapted it and now you can either buy the 'candles' for about $15-20 bucks or have a 'candler' do it for $40-60. I had it done several years ago and my hearing did improve and some obnoxious itchiness in my ear ceased. It does suck some of the wax and impurities out of your ear canal,however the ones you buy are coated with wax so when they are broken open it appears as if a mountain of stuff has come out when in actuality it may be very little. I bought some and lit them and held them to a table(not my ear) and there was a near equal amount of wax as when it was in my ear. This is not to say it doesnt work, a Cherokee healer I know alters the technique and just uses regualr paper and uses it to clean ears which works great.

The tinnitus that I experienced was due to another condition. I relieved mine by drinking amix of Pascalite Clay and water three times a day for about three days---havent had it since

I don't know how to cure tinnitus, but ear candling seems peculiar and dubious therapy.

I've had a loud pounding noise in my ears before, but it was always related to swimming.

If you ever get swimmers ear, mix up a solution of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 alcohol and put a few drops in the ear with your head tilted to the side.

This was recommended by my ENT and confirmed by my GP. The vinegar works to reduce the surface tension of the water in the ear. The alcohol makes the solution sterile.

The uncomfortable sensation that you're experience may be related to the use of peroxide, which is about 97% water. The vinegar/alcohol solution might work if the problem is in your outer ear.

You may have an infection in the middle or inner ear. You might have to break down and visit a real physician.