GreaseSpot Cafe

Boston Red Sox - New York Yankees

excathedra

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may take this series yet. They faced some good pitching tonight, and did well. The Yankees pitching staff ain't great this year. No Clemens. No Pettite. It's going to be tough to go seven games agains THESE Red Sox.

Then again, the Yanks are no longer allergic to Schilling.

Go Yanks!

F##k---at least it got somewhat exciting in the later innings-welcome to a Red Sox -Yankee game everybody who isnt used to this.....

I dont know who was on the mound tonight dressed as Curt Schilling but I assure you that was NOT him tonight, maybe it was the ankle he reaggravated in the Anaheim series, maybe it was something else( the injection of medication?)..but that was NOT Curt Schilling....No help from Johnny Damon who k'ed 4 times...pretty mediocre on a few counts and they still nearly came back.....

shows alittle of the fight and spirit of this team, Mueller has had Rivera before -- I was hoping until the last out.....

grumble..grumble.....

My kingdom to anyone who can shutup McCarver --

All in all I feel not too bad going from 1 out in the seventh, perfect game down 8-0 to 2 outs in the eighth 8-7 with tying run on third...

the analogy I see is the Yankees playing the roles of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, asking "Who are these guys?" They jumped off the waterfall to escape tonight, but we'll get them soon enough.

Its a long series and its only one game.

PS no baby tonight EX-maybe manana

Well,I'll do my best Norman Vincent Peal act on behalf of the Red Sox...Anytime your #1 ace starting pitcher gets rocked early and often like Shilling did,and you still come that close to bailing him out,I think it shows a team solidarity that is certainly to be admired...I thought taking him out after three innings was a good move...There's a good chance he'll start two more games(if he's healthy),and he's got to realize that he doesn't have to beat the Yankees all by himself,he's got a great team backing him up...

Right now I would say the Yanks got the lead in the series but the Bosox have the momentum...

front101304.gifback101304.gif

Great game. Whenever the Yanks and Sox get together it's never over till the last out. Schilling should have known better than to say what he said before the game about "shutting up 55,000 Yankee fans". Better to let your actions speak rather than your mouth. I really think Curt has more of a problem with his ankle than he's letting on. We'll see if Pedro can handle 55000 Yankee fans yelling "whose your daddy" tonight. Should be another nailbiter. Go Yanks!!

One big question for tonight--

Will Red Sox fan John Kerry show up at the debates or be tending to much more important matters like watching this series?

He skipped a campaign stop last night to watch ---perhaps he will get an earpiece like Bush to listen in icon_wink.gif;)-->or have a TV stashed under the podium while he debates the man who once traded Sammy Sosa.

Pedro vs. Lieber tonight- I'd like 7 innings of the arm that God gave, but will take 6 with 2 or 3 Earned runs if I have to,I think the bats may break out tonight--- then Timlin, Embree, Foulke, a split and home to Fenway where anything can happen..

Still Keeping The Faith

Funny . I listen to these sportstalk experts like Jim Rome relating last nights win By Yanks and loss by Sox to pitching, like they're the only ones playing. As I recal the Yanks had 14 team hits...most by the top of the line up. Maybe Jeter , A-Rod, Sheff, Matsui, and Bernie are just jelling at the right time. The top four have been on a tear since the All Star game.

Just sitting back having a lager waiting for the game. It should be fun.

Edited by Hills Bro

I'm driving along this morning at about 2am in between jobs and couldn't find a sports talk radio station. Finally locked into WBZ out of Boston. Funny. all I heard was pi$$ing and moaning about the damn Yankee fans..how rude and unsportsmanlike we are. Seems to me..the top of the Red Sox line up should get the blame not the fans. Pedro did great..No support from his cast.

Yes Ex Im fine icon_smile.gif:)-->, Its only a game to while away my time and keep me interested during my brief sojourn here-

Im fine-My only real concern is that Schilling doesnt damage himself for life and end up a cripple trying to do the superheroic-that and that no overzealous Sox fans go bridgejumping should they lose this series.

I'm used to this-it keeps the sense of lifes impenetrable mysteries very much alive

One thing that does unendingly annoy me is the Fox coverage---they really work hard to have anything and everything (exploding counts, scooter explaining pitches, commercials between pitches) to suck the as much life as possible out of the game...

Do we really need a RIGHT NOW! box taking up a quarter of the screen to pander to the people who dont have 10 seconds worth of memory? or idiots like opinionated windbag Tim McCrackhead who get 3 out of every 2 facts wrong, and misses any salient thing concerning the game that I would like to know about?

Believe it or not that is my biggest aggravation....

I'll keep Al Leiter-I liked him, but Buck/McCarver should be shoe salesmen for Payless or something else they are more suited toward...

Its much better on mute....Ok... thats (partially) out of my system...

Re: Whose your Daddy?

"It actually (Yankee fan taunting) made me feel really, really good... why are you laughing when I haven't finished answering the question yet?... I actually realized that I was somebody important, because I caught the attention of 60,000 people ... plus the whole world watching a guy that if you reverse the time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus. And today, I was the center of attention of the whole city of New York, I thank God for that... I respect them (Yankees fans). I don't regret anything. I kind of liked it. I don't like to brag, or talk about myself, but they did make me feel important. I've seen a lot of people about this team, I feel so thankful I got their attention, and they got mine. I was really emotional, sometimes we don't realize who we really are and for me to be out the biggest stage in the world, at this moment only God can ask. I had the opportunity to show everybody that. My daddy brought me from the mango tree to the biggest stage in the world at the moment." -- Pedro Martinez