• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose playin? Whose pitchin?

Heres a vid of the type of thing i see too often

Why some people dont like AROD

Edit: damn cant get the link to work

try here:

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive05/052207_bosnya_rodriguez_elbow_tp_350.wmv?ct3=5090684&ct4=mlb&ct5=23-May-07.

Edited by mstar1

You must be thankful every day that your team just missed being saddled with arod. This thread is turning into a Sox fan site, so I think I'll refrain from feeding the flames.

Brad Penny just pitched a great game against the amazing Brewers. Nomar seems to be missing something so far this year. As usual the Dodgers can't drive in runs, but the pitching keeps them in every game. I'm looking forward to sitting back in the loge on Saturday against the Cubs.

This is a RedSox/YANKEES thread, if Im not mistaken-I think that is what it says

Yankees fans can always pipe in, converse, post, cheer, complain, throw a beer, yell, squawk, feed us stats, extol the virtues of Torre or whatever they want to do...Its a free site

I wish they would pipe in. I miss that rivalry.

(I lived in the NY-NJ area during the Yankees recent dynasty. Verbal lashings on a daily basis.)

Edited by Bolshevik

You must be thankful every day that your team just missed being saddled with arod.

I dont think about it all that much, He is a great hitter, and a great fielder but i dont like the way he plays the game.

i dont mind guys playing hard, in fact I like it, but I dont like cheap shots. If he wants to take out a second baseman with a hard slide fine,good-- its part of the game, if he is going to do a popup slide and elbow a guy in the groin--well--no one shouldnt be surprised when he gets booed and hated for such a pansyassed move.

Things like that happen over and over that dont make the highlight reel, after awhile its just sort of ..wrong,

I have never questioned the class of Torre, or Jeter or their contributiuons to the game, Im sort of annoyed that they dont put an end to it before he ends someones career on a cheap shot.

If he had been traded here, Id probably like to see him hit but as it is I find it has been infinitely more fun watching seasons of Manny hit combined with his goofy moments than watching Arod hit and his seres of cheapshots

I seem to be the sole Yankee fan around here, so it's like wearing a Yankee cap in Fenway. It's not exactly been my history in here to get into rivalry debates, and I'm not wanting to start. Besides, I don't think the Yankees have a prayer to make up 9 1/2 games unless they straighten out their problems fast.

I don't know how refusing to play on certain days equates to a 'goofy moment'. I'm not going to defend any cheap shot, no matter who's laundry he's wearing.

Its not that bad--- :) , The Yankee /Sox thing seems to go through spurts over the last 40 years, where it heats up to a fever, then eventually tones down and gets more or less quietly repsectful, the heats up again, Right now to me , it seems to be less edgy than it was 3 or 4 years ago, wherei ts for the most part agood natured thing--- you'd be surprised how many Yankee hats make it into Fenway, and how many sox hats make it in the stadium. No doubt it generates"some conversation" , but its not hostile...

• 1 month later...

II Eagle 42:18

And the Lord God said, Let there be a big green wall and it shall be called Fenway. And the Red Sox shall not build another stadium. And the current players shall remember the prophets of old: Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr, Ted Williams, Carl Yasztremski, Tony Conigliaro, Rico Petrocelli, and Jim Lonborg.

And they will remember the Impossible Dream that became possible through the power of the Lord. For the Lord cursed the Yankees because of their hard-heartedness. And the Lord God said, let the Red Sox pursue the Yankees from Revere beach all the way to Long Island, where Yaz was born. And the Red Sox will claim the land from which the Yankees had succored, and had sucked. Yet the Lord God said to the Red Sox, go claim the Yankee's land for which I have promised, but do not touch Shea Stadium, for that is holy ground, from which I performed a miracle in 1969 with my other prophet Tom Seaver.

Thus the Red Sox left the Mets alone.

Unless they meet them in the World Series. Which is not likely at this time.

God Bless the Boston Red Sox, from the town from where I was born, where I was succored, and played ball, and really sucked.

Well maybe not that bad.

• 1 month later...

and Lo it starts again

You know the drill.

You should know it anyway. We go through the thing 18 times a year.

Blackout.

Cue Dramatic music. Maybe “Mars” from Gustav Holst’s Planet’s Suite. (Note: If you don’t know it, think of the Imperial March from the Star Wars movies. Pretty much everything in the first trilogy is John Williams ripping off Holst.)

Cue images. Cue voice over.

“Since the dawn of time, conflict has wrought mankind. Great rivalries of tribes of empires and of men. From the battles of ancient Greece, to the warriors of squared circle, battles have been fought, desperate struggles waged to establish supremacy.

Athens vs. Sparta

spartanbattle.jpg

Ali vs. Frazier

6850072~Ali-Vs-Frazier-Thrilla-in-Manila-Posters.jpg

Russell vs Chamberlain

Bill_Russell_vs_Wilt_Chamberlain_1970.jpg

Bird vs Magic

bird-magic-16x20-thumb.jpg

Kobayashi vs Chestnut

2006_07_hotdogcomp.jpg

Yankees vs Red Sox

1170621037_0618.jpg

Tonight, the battle is rejoined in the most fearsome gladiatorial arena in the darkest corner of Hades as the Red Sox and the Yankees--

Cut. CUT!!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Stop everything.

Stop the music.

Something’s not right here. Let’s see the music’s pretty dark and tense. That’s good. The pictures capture the moment pretty well. So what is it?

What is it that doesn’t feel right?

Wait. Could it be? I think I got it. The analogy isn’t right. This isn’t a struggle to the death between two evenly matched foes. What was I thinking?

Let’s try a different cut.

Blackout.

Cue “Sunshine Day” by the Brady Bunch.

Cue voice over.

In sports as in the wild there are both predator and prey, an uneven match up with inevitably uneven results. From the tiger consuming the gazelle, to the anteater slurping down ants to the lion eating the lion tamer, some contests are inherently and biologically uneven.

U.S. vs. Grenada

_41963598_grenada2.jpg

Kobayashi vs Nichole Ritchie

kobayashi_01.jpg

shorts-nicole-ritchie.jpg

Red Sox vs Yankees

arod_varitek.jpg

Tonight the hunt is on, as the Red Sox methodically and inevitably dismantle the New York Yankees.

There thats better!-I knew Id get it!

:biglaugh:

Finish em off---Its Time for a sweep !!!

nice to see you motivated again, mstar. I was starting to worry.

I guess even you are past the point of concern, and are letting it all hang out.

I admit to being disappointed. I may have to bow out of here for awhile if that's the kind of cheerleading I can look forward to for the next month.

nice to see you motivated again, mstar. I was starting to worry.

I guess even you are past the point of concern, and are letting it all hang out.

I admit to being disappointed. I may have to bow out of here for awhile if that's the kind of cheerleading I can look forward to for the next month.

But Hiway.... it's ALL in fun. Right, Mstar?!

This IS a big rivalry week... Dbacks have six more games with the Padres over then next week and a half.... things could start to shake out afterward perhaps with teams emerging to lead their particular pac (division) in the quest for baseball in OCTOBER.

Btw, while back a couple of months it may not have looked probable, the prospect of a Mets/BoSox WS isn't so far fetched at this point.

Yeah, I overreacted. If mstar has the time and energy for that kind of nonsense, then I don't want to spoil his fun.

There goes the sweep, anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for the Yankees making the wild card-though they'll probably lose to the Angels in the first round.

Yeah, I overreacted. If mstar has the time and energy for that kind of nonsense, then I don't want to spoil his fun.

There goes the sweep, anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for the Yankees making the wild card-though they'll probably lose to the Angels in the first round.

And so far, the Padres are outplaying the Dbacks. The first game, Peavy beat Livan H., was a very good game. Dbacks just couldn't muster the offense. But Livan pitched a very good game and the Dbacks didn't mess up defensively.

Last night, there were a few mistakes and the Padres took advantage... as they should have.

But pardon me if I don't share your enthusiasm for the Yanks... I'd MUCH rather see the BoSox get beat by the Dbacks... but IF I HAD to bet right now, I would say BoSox/Mets... fortunately, I do NOT have to bet. :biglaugh:

At least mstar got the sweep he was looking for. :)

Well, the Dbacks (just barely) staved off a Padre come back tonight to avoid a sweep in the four game series in SD... now the Dbacks have 3 with the Rockies at home, then another Padres series in Phoenix next week.

The Yanks just swept the Red Sox.

Either the Bambino is back, or they used voodoo like in Major League, or something like that.

My wife thinks I am a sore loser. I am not.

Well, Raf, according to posts I am reading, this must be making you happy!

I think the Yanks need a curse. Have them visit TWI HQ.

Nah. I couldn't even do that to them.

Red Sox, get moving before the Yanks catch up before the season is out!

Eagle

gloating ? If you're referring to what's posted in here, I've yet to see it.

Last I looked the Sox still had a huge lead, and the Yankees hopes for a playoff spot are hanging by a thread. There's nothing to gloat about.

The pro Red Sox posts in here outweigh anything pro Yankee by a huge margin. Mstar and Bolshevik alone make up a huge cheering section.

For myself, I don't gloat over something I have nothing to do with. If I'm part of a team maybe.