GreaseSpot Cafe

Before and After

Digger

Duh, hit the wrong button

In the Way Out of the Way

1980-2000 2002-2005

Sickness often Perfect health

50,000 salary 90,000 salary

Sick 40 y.o. old wife 28 y.o. model g.f.

No revelation Seeing visions

No love of self Helping others

All routine service Exciting bible

Drunk & lost Clean & Happy

Crappy house Beautiful new home

BEING OUT OF THE WAY -- PRICELESS!!!!!!

Duh, hit the wrong button

Reposted for clarity (hey, its only 8 AM, I'm still asleep)

In the Way..............Out of the Way

1980-2000...............2002-2005

Sickness often..........Perfect health

50,000 salary...........90,000 salary

Sick 40 y.o. old wife...28 y.o. model g.f.

No revelation...........Seeing visions

No love of self.........Helping others

All routine service.....Exciting bible

Drunk & lost............Clean & Happy

Crappy house............Beautiful new home

>

>

BEING OUT OF THE WAY -- PRICELESS!!!!!!

Sure isn`t what we were promised would occur if we EVER attempted to leave the ministry that taught us God`s word eh?

In twi we were generally broke...miserable because we couldn`t figure out why our believing wasn`t good nuff to recieve the abundant life promised... but we comforted ourselves with the thought that we were simply under attack from Satan because of our *stand for God* and this world wasn`t our home ...so it really didn`t matter anyway.

We were told we would die if we ever left the ministry that taught us God`s word....

After leaving twi....we have bountifull lives, living better than we ever dreamed, better houses better jobs, enjoying the respect of the community....twi splains it all off as we are being bought off by Satan...sold out to the world...etc.

They can explain our accomplishments and failures...lol twi is NEVER wrong...

AMEN, DIGGER!!

I kept hearing about how much better life is outside the walls and oppression of TWI but never fully comprehended HOW much better it really and truly is till getting out last year.

I'll have to put my list together, but I can tell you I'm happier, healthier, have better relationships, more peace, more fun and more material abundance as well. icon_smile.gif:)--> It truly is PRICELESS!!

Yeah Digger. The line about the "sick 40-year old wife" is pretty cold. Since when is your wife like a car, to be traded in for the next model when she isn't brand new any more?

I know some guys think that way, but it tells me you have questionable values. I'm glad things are working out, and I'm sure there's more to the story, but that is how you're coming across. Pretty damn cold.

Here's my sheet

In the Way..............Out of the Way

1978-1989...............1989-present

Denial..................Diabetes (but doing well)

10,000 salary...........44,000 salary

single..................Married 15 years (2 kids)

false revelation........God talks to my heart

Down on myself......... Realized I am meloncholy

Zealot turne sloth..... Teaching Sunday School

Drunk & lost............Clean & Happy

Way home............Own my home

>

>

BEING OUT OF THE WAY -- PRICELESS!!!!!! (Amen)

Sorry bout the wife comment - it does seem cold from a distance, but the fact of the matter was that the Ministry NEVER helped us, in fact drove a wedge between us ending in divorce, blaming her for her "unbelief" - maybe if they knew anything about the power of God, she might have been healed - whatcha think???

Yo, ladies! See how some guys think about you when you hit 40? Got the trophy girl friend. Time for the gals to go get those younger studs? Hey...why settle for bald heads and beer bellies? Greatest liberation for women...younger men! Ooops~ sorry to derail temporarily. Happened to a friend of mine. He got the young girlfriend, bought the nice house and his wife got the kids, welfare to pay for the expensive daycare, and all the weight of the responsibility of bringing them up. Oh yeah...and he was the one left the ministry.

The ministry definitely didn't help...too bad you didn't get professional counseling for your marriage.