GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you ever read that book C. Geer wrote? with updates

year2027

God

Hi All

Did you ever read that book Chris Geer wrote? You know the call "living in something"

I sure someone knows the right name

Its was the one most leadership sign

But lets get to the book

quote:
it said C. Geer done this

quote:
and I had to do this myself

quote:
and I had to do this too

quote:
I did that also

Now these are not a perfect quotes but when I read the book I got the feeling he believe that he made the Way of England by his self and with out him it would fall

He was puff up like the magic dragon in puff the magic dragon

Some said he was a Prophet but I say not

But I hope he has change and learn better but I believe until he does believer need to understand why to watch him

So tell me has he change any

And how should we teach others about him and what

with Love Roy

[This message was edited by year2027 on January 29, 2004 at 2:11.]

Hi All

I added this update here to help not hurt this post because post may of not been best

And me say I was bless with the input I receive up to this date

Here it is

Hi and God bless your hearts Here I am written to you about C. Geer I first wrote about by my five senses past history of reading a book he wrote

But now I ask God I should of wrote and what I did wrong asking about the book was wrong because the man may have change and I need to give room to him to change if he has not yet

What I could of ask what do you know about this man and has his life change since he left the Way but I should of told you I once read a book by him and I saw him say I did as if nothing got done without him

Now I believe that every thing good is done by the help of God and the bad things would not be done if God had not love us enough to give us free will

For is us that deside whether to do things good or bad or whether to teach or share by five senses or by spiritual senses Now what I did was by the five senses and its was wrong I first should of found out what is acts were today

Or I could of said I knew a man that was giving himself all the credit when it took others and he got puff up doing that but I call him by name

Now I call VPW by name but his time is past to change and I also call LCM by name but he still part of the Way has last I heard but what do you think should I give room to change

Now if I found out that Geer is using by brothers and sisters in any wrong I will call him by name write him a note telling him to change but until I know for sure I will leave it here

I wrote this with love and a heart to put things right that I may of put wrong Now I will do a search for his Web site if he has one and write him asking him what is doing for God today and we will see because I will share any or no answer with you all

For others may have done this already but I need to do it because I need to know whether to point him out to watch or love

For I heard bad about him and I need to know which are right for my heart to close this matter

with Love Roy

[This message was edited by year2027 on January 29, 2004 at 13:57.]

[This message was edited by year2027 on January 29, 2004 at 14:03.]

I read his stuff many years ago...

I think I still have his books buried someplace.

Do you need some info from the books for some reason?

If so, I will try to find them..

If not, I will just leave them buried someplace...

Roy,

From what I understand, CG took many of VPW's sermons and taped teachings and put them in a book or multiple books.

In fact, at one time, the way sold CG's first book in the audiitorium bookstore.

As each leaders love for the way wained, their works were systematically "gotten rid of".

During the 90's, even the way magazine had large photographs of leadership, where the likes of Vince F. and John L. and Ralph D. were taken out and replaced with other leaders.

Not uncommom in common christianity.

Remember us being told that Oral Roberts "comprimised on the word" because he joined up with the Methodist chruch. (story goes that he needed the funding to get his college stronger) Well, years later he was "excommunicated" from the Methodist church and many of his college professors were forced, by the Methodist church, to leave (resign) from ORU.

Tom B. in Columbus, may know of CG's whereabouts, last heard: Maine. Maybe TB could give you more info.

God

Hi Zshot

Thanks and no I do not want the book or any thing out of it He was brought up on another post and I just got thinking about that book

I just got thinking on how that book got my mind feel like he was buff up

I hear his name brought up and in not good ways from time to time and I just needed to get everything out in the open of how I last feel about him from reading that book

But I hope he has change and where his goals are to help not get rich from believers

There are very few leaders who left the Way that I have feel that there hearts were not best but I not sure why I feel that way toward C. Greer but I hope he has change

Or if the feeling are even right I guess all I want to know is he change or is he still think like he used too

Or did I read him wrong you see I heard alot but I never know the man one on one

I not sure what to think

Hi Lightside

I not looking for anything his name came up and I recalled the book that was put out after death of VPW with nick name passing of the patriarch were are main leadership sign the book

But I now see not reason to think on it must

I guess one thing makes to think of another

But just one question have you heard from TB lately because I do think about friends alot and I pray for him from time to time

with love Roy

quote:
Did you ever read that book Chris Geer wrote? You know the call "living in something"

Living in deep doo doo?

icon_razz.gif:P--> Thanks Roy that made my morning I couldnt have worded it any better myself.

I read em in the early 90's but Ive either psychologically blocked it out or God in his infinite wisdom has thrown it into the sea of forgetfulness where it belongs.

Living in Something--would accurately describe alot of Way books

God

Hi All

I added this update here to help not hurt this post because post may of not been best

And me say I was bless with the input I receive up to this date

Here it is

Hi and God bless your hearts Here I am written to you about C. Geer I first wrote about by my five senses past history of reading a book he wrote

But now I ask God I should of wrote and what I did wrong asking about the book was wrong because the man may have change and I need to give room to him to change if he has not yet

What I could of ask what do you know about this man and has his life change since he left the Way but I should of told you I once read a book by him and I saw him say I did as if nothing got done without him

Now I believe that every thing good is done by the help of God and the bad things would not be done if God had not love us enough to give us free will

For is us that deside whether to do things good or bad or whether to teach or share by five senses or by spiritual senses Now what I did was by the five senses and its was wrong I first should of found out what is acts were today

Or I could of said I knew a man that was giving himself all the credit when it took others and he got puff up doing that but I call him by name

Now I call VPW by name but his time is past to change and I also call LCM by name but he still part of the Way has last I heard but what do you think should I give room to change

Now if I found out that Geer is using by brothers and sisters in any wrong I will call him by name write him a note telling him to change but until I know for sure I will leave it here

I wrote this with love and a heart to put things right that I may of put wrong Now I will do a search for his Web site if he has one and write him asking him what is doing for God today and we will see because I will share any or no answer with you all

For others may have done this already but I need to do it because I need to know whether to point him out to watch or love

For I heard bad about him and I need to know which are right for my heart to close this matter

with Love Roy

There were two books, one was Living Victoriously and the other was Take God at His Word, or something similar. As Lightside wrote, they were collections of Wierwille's teachings collected in book form, Living Victoriously taken specifically from the class of the same name that was done in 1982.

They were sold in the Way bookstore while Geer and Martindale were still affiliated with each other.

The content of the books was on par with the collaterals, especially Volume 5, which was also drawn from oral teachings, rather than short booklets like volumes 1-4 were. As I recall the binding was similar to that of the collaterals, the same two-tone coloring, LV in white and green and TGAHW in two-tone purple.

I do not remember if they were numbered as part of the Studies in Abundant Living series however.

Martindale made a big deal of the fact that the books used the phrase "posthumously edited by Chris Geer" on the title page. None of Wierwille's other books listed his editors so prominently, although he was alive when all his other books were published.

They were published not by American Christian Press, but by European Christian Press.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Oak nice summery! I would add that he also did three more books of the same unpublished stuff "Our Times" "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" (Which by the way has nothing to do with Jesus) and "Take A Stand For God". Roy what is left of them can be ordered from Nancy Kent if you are looking for one.

Without Coffee

I Would Have No Personality At All

17_1_14.gif LOVE FROM THE DOVE....

I'm Not A Complete Idiot Some Parts Are Missing

God

Hi Oak Spear and White Dove

The one I was think was two as one book the name I was thinking about was "Living Victoriously" but the real book I read was "The Passing of the Patriarch"

And I got a bad feeling about him from reading this book. I ask myself after recalling this man is one that could be using believers like the Way has done and is

Now I wrote him a lettler my mail to ask him what is he doing these days

And I may still have the wrong book but I do know that it was pass from believer to believer and it had a page with many leadership sign after VPW had die

But I only read it in 1991 or so but I believe it begin to be pass along in 1987 or so

To leadership first and then others

Now I never wanted the book because its not for me because it gave me bad recalls and post here help me put it in the past

You see its just a book and I still hope C. Geer has change but do any of you have up date knowledge of this man

What is he doing for God

Is he helping God's children or hurting them

Does he have a Web page

does he have a Email address

I have a mail address for him but I will not give it unless you Email me for it

with love Roy

Roy the printed version of The Passing of A Patriarch is out of print now. It was originally printed as a three booklet set and given to the subscribers of Future Considerations then later it was bound into one book and sold. If you have a specific question I may be able to help you if you want you can email me. My email is in my profile. He does not have a web page or public email and Chris just moved recently so the address you have may not be correct.

Without Coffee

I Would Have No Personality At All

17_1_14.gif LOVE FROM THE DOVE....

I'm Not A Complete Idiot Some Parts Are Missing

[This message was edited by WhiteDove on January 31, 2004 at 0:55.]

Hello, Wordwoof.

hope you don't mind my calling you that. . . i like that name. !!

since i have not researched you at all, i don't know what you have posted. but what i've read you seem to have been around for some time.

and, you have a really good vibe.

hee hee.

not thinking anything other than getting to know someone who knows a lot!

nothing underlying. . .

just friends.

icon_smile.gif:)-->