GreaseSpot Cafe

Famous PFAL Graduates

fortunateone

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fellow 13th Corps member with me went on to be a regionally famous Elvis tribute artist in Pigeon Forge, TN. Interestingly, he describes his Corps experience as "college" to the public. Wise move.

Friend of the Toad and

Friend of the King of Rock & Roll,

but no friend to the so-called

"King of Pop" turned pedophile....

but I digress....

There was some female tennis pro who also took the class and was listed on some TWI promotional materials. I can't remember her name, she was pretty young as I recall, but Pat Lynn was always flying off to be by her side and help her fend off the "evil lesbians" on the pro tour.

Paula Smith was the name of the tennis pro. I think she won a Virginia Slims tournament back around 1983 or so - also was part of a doubles team with . . .who was it, Candy Reynolds? Martina N. and her doubles partner beat Paula and her doubles partner on a few occasions.

Per

If I remember correctly, didn't Paula come on campus for a visit and it was announced that she was honorary 11th corpes or something like that? They made quite a bit of deal about her.

Actually we DID do a flyer on some famous althletes. I designed it. We did a PFAL series of Way Magazine ads, each focusing on one of the "promises" from the class green card. A couple of them had famous athletes as th e visual image. LCM pushed that as part of his "Atheletes of the Spirit" personal agenda.

There was (as mentioned above) on the flyer:

Bob Donaldson, the number 1 rodeo clown in the word for a season or two.

Tony Collins & Irving Fryar of the NE Patriots. Last I heard Irving was a minister somewhere, if memory serves. The Patriots now thrive in the NFL as the most "team oriented team" in the league (Yes I'm a big NFL fan icon_cool.gif ) having won three of the past four Superbowls and the odds on favorite next year also.

There was the female tennis player, Paula, I think her name was.

Hayes Gahagen, a senator from the New England area.

Quite a few semi famous Broadway performers.

Several famous people at the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville were "witnessed to" and were favorable to the idea, don't know how many of them actually took the class though.

Three members of Tower Of Power, Skip Mesquite, Dave Garabaldi, Danny Hoefer. They were on tour with Denice Williams in her band, with Earth Wind & Fire for a year.

There were believers who were aides for captains of aircraft carriers, high ranking military officers, one of the marines who guarded the doors of the whitehouse was a PFAL grad.

There were many, many "famous" PFAL grads and some very influential people who were not famous in the sense of being athletes that never made it to our promo stuff. Thanks to LCM.

There was a pretty famous model who was, I think, 13th Corps.

I think the former limb guy in our state thought George Washington played the class in it's original form for his men, with an old reel to reel tape player, as they crossed the Delaware..

Must've been why we won that war, heh heh..

Johnur,

Gayle Chapman, that was it! Yeah, she was a pretty girl and seemed likeable enough. My only brush with "greatness" was that I rebuilt her mother's garage. It's hard to stay humble when you've been a part of such a significant event, no?

Anybody know what became of her? Does she still play guitar for "Prince"?

While visiting my sisters in Charlotte over Easter and channel surfing the TV there (at any point in the day there seem to be at least 3 religious programs on the cable in Charlotte)... I stopped briefly to listen to Dr. Frederick K. C. Price. Either this guy has taken the classes, or has some other access to Way Intl. materials... because at least 75% of everything he says sounds like it was lifted from a teaching at TWI.

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

so you're moving to charlotte ?

just wanted to say welcome GKevinK

The few days while I'm visiting my sisters is plenty of Charlotte for me, thanks ;-) I'm happy to stay right here in Baltimore.

Thanks... I guess I haven't before surfaced from just browsing, even from the previous site.

Kevin

quote:
Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Lipidosis (PFAL)

that's pretty devilish

You get your Lips in a dosis like that, you got problems, no question about it. It's from a greek word - "Doeski-mine"-the root word which means "your money's my money". It's used quite a bit in early Roman actuarial reports, tax documents and stuff.

Stop copying me.