GreaseSpot Cafe

21st Corps

Sunny1

Sunny

You can post on the bottom of a thread which then brings it to the top. Like this post will bring yours back up. Maybe you didn't know.

No harm no foul.

Wow, you were in a corps ten years after mine. It is hard to fathom like it would be for you to imagine the 31st corps.

I am sorry you were committed to love God and wound up like the rest of us!

((((Sunny))))

Dot_Matrix.gif

Dorothy Thompson:

Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.

hi sunny dear. i just saw this now. dot and i have known each other for close to 30 years ohmygod !!!!!!! of course we can email or i can start a private topic (do you know about those) and invite you and dot to attend. then the three of us can talk.

let me know.....

hey and thanks

?

Dear Ex and Dot. . .

Hello!

No, I don't know about the private thing, but my e-mail is bigbloo7@yahoo.com. if you would, please make it plain in the subject line because I delete most of what is there because I don't use this account much!

Look forward to hearing from both of you. 30 years is a along time! it's like me and my best friend from high school. . . we've just been in touch the last year or so . . . it's been so great . . .

ex -- loved your response to something i wrote recently - the emoticon was a kiss on the cheek. how sweet. that REALLY meant a lot to me.

look forward to getting to know you guys!!

icon_smile.gif:)--> can't find the kiss on the cheek one.

• 1 year later...
:wave: Hi Sunny, I think we chatted before a long time ago. I was in the 21st Corps. I have know idea where anyone is either <_< I would like to know what happened to Bill Voltz, Laurie W., well the whole gang at Gunnison. We had a pretty challenging year there. Edited by Sunnyfla

I pop in here once in awhile. Not too often. I was in 21st Corps as well with my husband. We only did the summer camps out at Gunnison our first year inresidence. The rest of our inresidence time was at HQ. I know Caryn S got married and is close to the NY area. But I haven't a clue on the where abouts of anyone else.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That was me that posted that and I also spelled his name wrong :blink: It's Volta. He was a very good friend of mine in the Corps. If anyone knows of his where abouts, please reply :)

Frances

• 1 month later...

Hi, Frances.

Yes, we communicated a couple of years ago! I've been trying to post for a while but was having some problems with it.

Who is orientswife?

I remember Bill Volta. When he and I and 2 other people went out lightbearers, we would get totally smashed when we went out to the bars and sneak out and smoke cigarettes -- it was fun.

Hope all is well.

Vicki :biglaugh::wave::love3:

(((((Vicki))))) :wave:

How are you girl????

Yes, I remember Bill telling me all about his Light Bearers and how he totally blew it by partying so much. He was in soooo much quilt over it, I though he was going to leave. I often think about him and his well being for some reason. He was a great guy

Nice to see you again

Frances :)

I know he did. We both had commitment issues. Have you heard from anyone else from our Corps? This month is my anniversary month -- 6 years of being cult free. It's funny but the day I left is the same day I graduated from PFAL in 1986. It wasn't all bad. I learned a whole lot and could have been in a lot of worse places and circumstances. I believe everything happens for a reason to help us grow and understand God.

Hope all is well.

:dance::love3:

I haven't heard from ANYONE. It's kind of wierd too. What happened to the 21st WC???? :blink:

I really only new the ones we were with at Gunnison. Like Ali, Laurie and I were pretty good friends. Judy, Karen and a few others I've forgotton their names.

Do you remember the name of the one who was head of housekeeping there? She was married to Dennis, they had a little girl (Mercedes) I wonder what happened to them :(

I did have a good time that year. It was extremely challenging. Thank God I was young :biglaugh: I would have never been able to do that stuff now. I remember there was an older woman there with us, she was ALWAYS taking naps. She just couldn't get out of bed.

Do you remember when I hurt my back? Everyone was bringing me snow ice packs, food, music to listen to, healing tapes etc...

It's so sad to develope such wonderful friendships, then one day it over and and you lose everyone :(

Well, Vic I hope we can find our lost friends some day.

:wave: Frances

Do you remember the name of the one who was head of housekeeping there? She was married to Dennis, they had a little girl (Mercedes) I wonder what happened to them :(

You have to be talking about the Hams (Dennis and Santina). Last I talked to them, they were Limb coordinators in Idaho. They had been there for a few years. I haven't talked to them since November 2002. I am sure they are still in.

Edited by Wayfer Not

Thanks WaferNot, :)

I can't believe I forgot their names. I worked under her all that year. TOUGH COOKIE she was!!! She was pretty cool most of the time. It wouldn't surprise me if they were still in either.

Frances :wave:

Keith married Michele Koclanes? Wasn't she the cute little dark haired gal? I thought he would have married that model girl he liked so much. Good for him/them. He got a raw deal for sure.

I remember Santina Hamm. Yes, she was a tough cookie.

That is so funny -- the woman who was always taking naps. . . I'm not sure who it was. I remember my bunk mate was always hitting her head on the door to our dorm room. Our bunk was right behind the door and when she sat on her bed to put on her boots, the door would open and she would get it right on the noggin! Gosh, that makes me laugh. Why didn't she sit somewhere else??

Sorry, I don't remember your injured back. . . I remember when I hurt mine, tho. . . My paint crew boss would sneak up and see me at lunch times when everyone was at lunch and bring me candy bars and see how I was doing. That was during a family camp.

I do wonder about Judy. . . and everyone else. It would be fun to have a reunion someday.

:wave::dance:

It's weird to hear two people say Santina Ham was a tough cookie. I spent 2 years around her when she and Dennis were my BCs. My experiences with her were opposite. She was always talking about how everyone should get laid so they would quit being so religious. She started saying things like that right after LCM's class called "The Believer's Family". Since twi no longer teaches it is OK to have premarital sex or sex outside of your marriage, I wonder what she says now..... :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm sure she was hard because she was responcible for teaching the Corps back then. But she also had a very layed back approach to whatever she wanted to get across to us.

I remember one morning I got REALLY SICK. But I was still expected to run and show up to breakfast, which I did. Then I went to her place and collapsed on her couch. Pale and in much pain. Santina took such good care of me as if I was her own. She had a very caring heart :love3:

Sometimes we forget about the good in others. I didn't mean to make her out to be mean or anything :(

:)