GreaseSpot Cafe

word study time ~ greasespot by midnight

excathedra

first of all, where in the heck did martindale get that term ? chapter and verse please

secondly, dear paw, how did you decide to name the cafe ?

--

(i remember how funny you were on waydale, talking about when you and your friends couldn't get to the rock of ages so you held a pebble of ages in your "area of concern, interest and need." who was that other guy besides you who was so funny ?)

It comes from the archaic--err Aramaic phrase "Kissus Loyius Buttockus", meaning "To kiss Martindales foot-ests" with the not so subtle implication of being a splotch of Crisco oil by the stroke of midnight otherwise. (Never mind that Crisco oil is as unkosher as pig meat to a Jewish person)

Retreived from the ancient Bull****ta texts and manuscripts. icon_cool.gif

..... oh Ohh, you mean where from the Bible! angelkit.gif

Yes, I believe that martindale did get "greasespot by midnight" from a comic book. In fact, it was the "Fantastic Four" by Marvel comics. Ben Grimm, "The Thing"...used the phrase quite often, along with other such noteables as "It's clobberin' time" and "You couldn't scare a second hand Barbie doll". It was written for the mentality of a 12 year old boy. Apparently, martindale related to this "mindset" in his "spiritual athletic endeavors".

quote:
Yes, I believe that martindale did get "greasespot by midnight" from a comic book. In fact, it was the "Fantastic Four" by Marvel comics. Ben Grimm, "The Thing"...used the phrase quite often, along with other such noteables as "It's clobberin' time" and "You couldn't scare a second hand Barbie doll".

Groucho -- thanks!! That was it. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I conducted years of indepth research (actually about 5 minutes, but I'm bored at work)into this term, and found that Loyboytoy misquoted a commonly used phrase (what else is new) - the common varient, and no doubt the ancestor is

a GREASE SPOT ON THE HIGHWAY OF LIFE - once again, the boys from Brazil couldn't even plagerize them correctly!!!!