GreaseSpot Cafe

We Set A Date

Oakspear

Some changes here.

Kelly is having health problems that are requiring her to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. The little bugger inherited her daddy's snoring and sleap apnea.

All this will begin with Sept 13 tests and preparation and surgery to follow asap after that.

Of course this means no travel for me during that time and I'm not willing to leave her care to someone else if it falls during wedding.

I have a room reserved if someone needs it. It's a standard two double bed room, smoking permitted.

My apologies for having to miss your wedding. I will be anxiously awaiting stories and pictures.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you can't make it, Shell, hope Kelly is okay.

Keep the rez on that room until the last possible minute, in case soemone decides to come who hasn't reserved a room yet. I'm sure by now the football cultists have the rest of 'em snatched up.

quote:
Shell, hope Kelly is okay

She will be Oak,thanks.

Her dad snored so loudly that neighbors complained, but the sleep apnea was a red flag for heart disease which is what he died from.

Plus pediatric apnea retards proper growth, which might explain that for her.

Plus, since she doesn't get a full nights sleep, she's so tired all day.

Anyway,the stuff I've learned is another whole thread. This one is for your future wedding and new life........

Ok, will keep room til last moment.

Yes, all Greasespotter's all welcome, Scout Finch. Our wedding isn't going to be the Weenie Roast of the year. It will be a good time as well as a chance for Greasespot's from all over to see each other and possibly meet for the first time.

Herbie Juan is in the "know" about the Weenie Roast.

Shell, I wish you and Kelly the best care, the best outcome, and smooth road with the Doctors, the procedures, and the healing process.

Was only kidding about the Weenie Roast part of the question.

Am considering attending the wedding since you have so generously invited all Greasespotters.

It seems like it would be so much fun and I feel like I know you guys from reading your posts over the years.

Congratulations to you and your families.

Scout:

Since you're going to attend, could you send me an email? As we get closer I'm going to try to coordinate arrival times for those who are flying in so we make minimal trips to the airport...and maybe draft some of the drivers to help on shuttle duty too!

oakspear@hotmail.com

I'm going!! I can hardly wait to hug Oak's neck for being a source of strength for me over the past six years and Reikilady for the past year. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm staying at the Villager Fri & Sat nights.

Willing to shuttle with my rental car. icon_smile.gif:)--> I arrive in Omaha 9:40pm Friday and leave out 10:30am Sunday.

Oak and Reikilady,

I can't be there. Carol and I are going on a cruise that has been booked for several months now. We chose that time because it fit with our being able to farm the kids out to relatives and friends.

I would have been there, too, if there hadn't been a conflict. I bet you guys are going to have a lot of fun.

sudo

• 2 weeks later...

We are registered at target.com

If you have anything shipped, please wait until after we move, since we have our new address as the shipping address. We will probably be in the new place no later than 8/22, maybe earlier.

Listed under "Joyce"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...