GreaseSpot Cafe

Athletes of the Spirit

2beenthere2

I believe that LCM's role in AOS litteraly set the stage for and established his role for the fog years and TWI II.

There might be something to that... but trust me... he was an a$$hole and a jerk long before the AOS production...

I never saw the production, I was out before that, but do remember the "talk" back in the late 70's and the Way rag articles, the skits... sounds funny... can anybody who has a copy stream it?

...I sit and laugh until my whole body shakes when I think about the AOS production...it's as if lcm was announcing to every twi follower, "Hey, look at me, I'm a freaking moron!"...then he would posture himself like Prince Namor, the Submariner...and suddenly he would leap through the air, moving like a ruptured chimpanzee...his holy spurt leotards demonstrating to one and all...that he WAS the mighty mighty mog...

:jump: VERY funny!

oh... I think I have one or two of those coloring books in the basement in a box...

Hubby didn't like to throw anything away... Just haven't been interested in looking through any of that lately~

That really chaps my hide to hear that outgoing WOWs in training couldn't see it if they were in training while their region saw it.

A PRIME EXAMPLE of how legalism superceded common sense and compassion.

Typical TWI. Pi$$es me off!

We were out by the time AOS was produced. But some friends invited us over to see it. In hopes, I was later told that it would so bless us we would return to The Way. We went to see it because they were good friends and we didn't feel so strongly opposed to The Way in those days and acctually still had hope they might pull their act together and we would return.

Suffice it to say it did not bless us so much that we returned. I was so uncomfortable that half way through it I took my 3 year old out of the room to play elsewhere so he wouldn't see it. It was creepy, really creepy.

On soooo many levels it was creepy.

Our friends needless to say were dissapointed that it did not inspire us and we said our goodnights rather uncomfortably and left quickly.

All I can say is what were they thinking??

Coup

In light ol Loy's 'real passion' .... S E X with the woman of his kingdom~

It is a known fact that cleansing the body, losing weight, eating only good for you foods WILL increase your mental awareness and make you feel more desirable...

I don't care what ol Loy said he was doing w/ the production... predators are predators... would this have been the time more women were being abused? He must have LOVED showing off his new body….

All those poor victims... :CUSSING:

For those of us who enjoy a good belly laugh, no event in twi's history can even come close to the aos production. It is singularly unique in terms of it's "strangeness" and assininity (is that a word?)...

...If ridiculing twi can be compared to hitting a speeding baseball, the aos production was an underhand lob to the plate...it's hard NOT to make fun of it. Watching Loy "perform" on stage was better than most Saturday Night Live skits. He couldn't have made a bigger fool of himself than he did...it was beyond hysterical.

Do you think he could be coaxed out of retirement for a sequel?

AOS ll:

Perhaps if he did a sequel he could be more accurate in terms of the fate of his own ministry...Just as he leaps through the air (in his leotards), the "lust spirits" can tackle him in midair, knock him to the ground, and put the boots to him...

Perfect Groucho - may be they just put the iron maiden on him as well :) That'd make a swell ending to a show that was nothing more than that arrogant prick screwing women and girls

Actually there was an AOS II planned but apparently it never materialized. (AOS II was mentioned on p34 of the AOS booklet).

Here's the rundown on the production/cast of AOS:

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER - L. Craig Martindale

PRODUCER - Ken McCaw

ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - Teri Gill

CHOREOGRAPER - Murphy Galbraith

ORIGINAL SCORE: - Ken McCaw

NARRATION SCRIPT: - Gloria Olivier and Elena Whiteside

SET DESIGN: - Brian Burch

COSTUME DESIGN: - Brian Burch and Teri Gill

LIGHTING DESING AND SPECIAL EFFECTS: - Larry Scharfenberger

ORCHESTRATIONS: - Jim McKee

ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED by: - Jim McKee

PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATION: - Bob Winegarner

Cast:

Coach, Leader, and Minister ......................... L. Craig Martindale

Seed of The Serpent .................................... Murphy Galbraith

Devil Spirits:

Sensual and Alluring: ....................... Daimon Barbara Rue; Daimonion Carol Dudley, Kelly Lee, Sylvia Sepulveda, Bettyanne Tatnall, Barbara Westling

Spritely and Devious: ..................... Daimon Michael Manetta; Daimonion Johnny Berryhill, Teresa Krause, Leslie Murdza

Reckless and Hilarious: ................... Daimon Don Spencer; Daimonion Tom Martino, Connie Mallory, Daria Melendez

Stately and Powerful: ................... Daimon Patti DesMarais; Daimonion Leslie Blake, Lisa Denne, Debbie Gornay, Leslie Strom, Evelyn Watson

Heavy and Gloomy: .................... Daimon Robert Olivier; Daimonion Trudy Bayne, Kurt Rocco, Julie Vidano

Animilistic and Vicious: ............... Daimon Joane Archontakis; Daimonion Lisa Anderson, Arminae Arzarian, Lynn Gandal, Susie Hagen, Chris McKiernan

BELIEVERS: ............................... Randl Ash, Seda Asarian, Debra Berger, Hayward Chappell, David Chirico, Teri Gill

Body-Soul Woman ..................... Joyce Burke

NARRATOR ................................ Mike Verdicchio

So now you know who to blame for what in AOS. (But of course, a lot of the people who were involved in the cast/production of AOS are no longer with TWI.)

These devil spirit categories; lustful and sensual, spritely, devious etc, who made these up? I never read anywhere in the bible where these spirits are named such? Another Martinfail "dividing of the Word" or had VPW ever taught this? Was this taught to the corps previous to the AOS production?

WTH,

I doubt that many of these people, who still have personal and professional lives, would appreciate their name here coming up on a Google search. If you asterisk the vowels in their names, they retain their online anonymity, but those of us who know them can still pick them out.

That said, I am giggling my tushy off at who supposedly wrote "standing firm and erect at the bema." Gl*r** O. had legitimate credentials as a NYC actress, and El*n* W., of course, was VPW's biographer, and had a career as a corporate biographer.

If they are responsible for those words, it is an indication of how far we were out of the loop of common sense.

Regards,

Shaz

You can also blame me for the animated devil 'amoeba'. Taylor Ov**bey was drafted to do it, as he had dabbled with making cartoons while in the corps. We were working together at the time in St Marys, and took on the project.

It turned out to be a nightmare to get done on time. This was pre computer animation so we drew and painted hundreds of amoeba cels, hanging them on clothelines to dry, then shooting it in Taylors living room with a borrowed animation camera. On the first try, we found that Taylor's face was reflected onto the frame, and if not caught, the adversary would have been a squinting image of taylor projected , which would certainly have been more entertaining than the blob. We had to scramble to bring it to a studio with proper facilities, and it literally was done the day of the 'premiere'. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears for that stupid piece of *&$%.

I remember watching AOS here in Alaska. The lights came up everybody is Oohing and Awing "what spiritual perception" "isn't it wonderful".

I was sitting there thinking, "What" "huh" in fact my bewilderment was all I remembered years later when found Waydale, not much else.

So one day I was over at Digi's and I find the AOS tape. So for a lark we pop in in and sit and watch. Memories came flooding back about my reaction to the production.

I did theater in High school and college, the whole gamut, sets, makeup, costuming, design, acting. the sets in that production wouldn't have made a production in my high school--juvenile doesn't come close.

The "dancing"=aerobics

the Message= message wasn't the point IMO just showcasing LCM

I have since talked to my son in Utah. He loves to dance, loves music, writes music, plays guitar., BUT HE WILL NOT WATCH dance productions, not Riverdance, Feet of Flames, etc etc WHY?? because SD made the kids watch AOS over and over when he was watching them and my son is still totally turned off by dance productions because of this first exposure to them

I recall, that at the time Martindale was spending almost all of his time on the aos production, Wierwille was bitterly disapointed in him. Veepee thought that Loyboy should be doing the job of running the ministry as president rather than prancing around in his leotards, and devoting his time and efforts on this ridiculous "production"...

...Of course, king okie was now "el-presidente" and ignored Veepee...I believe that this production was the "trigger" that gave Veepee the realization that he was now irrelevant and to be ignored...it was also the event that catapulted twi from a "money making cult" into the realm of a "trainwreck waiting to happen".

The downward spiral began in earnest with Martindale's obcession with seeing himself as "Joshua with leotards", leading the spiritual battle against the dark forces by prancing on stage like a ruptured chimpanzee...rather than to continue the programs that Veepee had successfully put in motion.

All in all, we should probably thank Loyboy for this...afterall, had Veepee actually selected a competant replacement for president, many of us who walked away might still be feeding this insideous cornfield cult with our time, efforts and money.

I have never seen this video. Does anyone know where it can be seen?

NLL -- I've never seen the entire thing myself,

but the portions I have seen were sickening. :(

Rain-bow Man (lcm) gets revelation to murder in it ---

(least-ways, that is MY perception of what was presented.)

Believe me -- you haven't missed a thing.

If you ever do get to see it -- take a buncha meds with you for depression.

AOS will send you over the edge.

There is NOTHING redeeming about it AT ALL.